“Beware!! Cheap prices, but cheap for a reason, disgusting and dirty, do not go”
Review of BelleVue Club

BelleVue Club
Ranked #46 of 49 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Absolutely awful, we had an hour wait at reception to get our keys in the sweltering heat, screaming tired kids, at no point were refreshments offered. Once we had our keys it was a quarter of an hour walk with our cases,not a good start. The pools were all filthy, no drainage system or run offs, loads of bugs, leaves, twigs and dirt in the pool, we assumed on the first day that it would be cleaned in the evening, but no it got worse and worse, you couldn't open your mouth whilst swimming because you would get a mouthful of bugs! The food was the worst part of the hotel. Buffet style restaurant, disgusting food, such food as turkey drummers and chips served in the evening. Left over over cooked runner beans served for breakfast! Bacon was mainly fat, packet scrambled eggs, mushy value sausages, vile! Had to constantly battle for a seat, staff were not interested, often had to ask staff for cutlery as they couldn't be bothered to lay enough down. Ants in rooms, basic, fuzzy tv, bed sheets not cleaned often, had to ask. To top everything off
We had to have a cold shower on the last day as there was no hot water. We made the most of the hotel by spending money and eating out, we spent a lot more then we planned as we were all inclusive, the smell of the Bellevue restaurant alone was enough to put us off.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank 1luvlylou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,818)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived on 24th sept @ 11.30 as a family of four with 2 children 3 & 8, for 10 nights. On arrival reception were very helpful & we were checked in straight away and given a map of the large complex. Before booking I emailed to ask for a quieter area of the complex and was put in Ceres 1 (rm 317) which was perfect for us. We had been upgraded to a two bed apt without asking and it was very spacious if basic. The kitchen was quite well equipped with fridge, microwave, toaster etc, considering we were all inc although the kettle was dirty so we opted for a pot to make coffee. The rooms were basic and could do with a refurb & new beds but we all slept well none the less. We had dining table & chairs, large sofabed, tv & chair in living rm but these really need updated as were well used and not very comfy to sit on for long. The cleaners come every mon, wed & fri but are not the best even although they are very friendly. They make the beds, change towels and rinse bath, sink etc and lightly brush the floor but thats it! I think the apts could do with a deep clean & lick of paint as there were squished mossies on our rm wall. It has everything you could need for all inc & we had a pretty setlled comfy stay.
The mosquitos on this complex are vicious and I highly recommend taking mosquito repellant as we all had lots of bites & this was with the repellant. The ants are terrible too and are everywhere, outside kids rm window, coming through bathroom etc but ant powder would solve this along with blocking up the holes. The entertainment for children is the same routine done every night just by different reps but my 3 yr old loved it
The resteraunt was expansive but it had to accomodate alot of people. There was an immense choice of food with a bread station, hotplates, fresh grill, kids section, salad bar & desert bar. Alot of the food was local dishes including veal, lots of fish, squid etc but there was plenty of other stuff to choose from too. My 8 year old eyes lit up every time we went to eat but the resteraunt does feel quite crowded at times & there is often a queue. I can't imagine what it would be like in high season tbh.
The pools at Ceres were a gd size and the kids pool not too deep. BUT there was no heating for the pools which were quite cold & they could have been cleaned more often as there were lots of leaves and debris from the kids etc but the pool cleaner cleans around the pool twice a day. They could also do with more blue loungers round the pool as there was not enough for everyone.
BEWARE 2 "lil old ladies" selling red carnations they asked for 1 english penny for it and when I opened my purse she had a look for the penny but actually stole the 80 Euros from the notes compartment without me even noticing & tried to do same to my husband as they seperated us but we got confused & it was done before we even noticed what was happening. We only saw them 1 thurs morn we were there, They'r some duo & good at what they do!! Apart from them everyone in and around the resort were very friendly & accomodating.
All in all our children had a fantastic time and there is plenty onsite for them to do aswell as in the vicinity of the complex, such as the boat trip to the beach, horse & cart rides, pedal bike hire & the arcades etc on the strip. The grounds themselves are also lovely to stroll around in and have lakes, swing parks & lots of lovely little scenic parts. Excursions from Alcudia though are very pricey as most of them are on the other side of the island. For what you pay it is a bargain & I don't know what people expect for the price. We had a very happy family holiday & would recommend it for a cheap getaway aimed at keeping the children entertained. If you're looking for 5 * accomodation then this is not the place for you!

Room Tip: If you don't want noisy ask to be put in a quieter part as I did. A lower floor is better for ac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Wanderlust_VIP
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed in the fedria 2 block which was at least a 8 min walk from reception, we had to do this at 12mn on our arrival, with poor instuctions. The complex is far too widespread and it is not suitable for anyone who is elderly or disabled.
On a good note the bed was clean and the shower was good. rooms are very old fashioned and have no kettle, aircon,hairdyer or iron.
The appartment's are also very loud, and u can hear all that goes on in the next room, ie couple next door had a interesting nite time routine!!!!!!!!!!
Next thing I would have to advise anyone going would be to bring about 2 ton of mosquito spray as the buggers are everywhere.
Other good points are, they are close to excellent beach, good bars and cafes and they have crazy golf, karking and shops on site, plus bus and taixs right outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vonx2

Travelers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is a great facility for young families. We took our 13 month old son here for his first proper holiday.

We were facilitated in an apartment in Leda I, and cannot fault the provisions, the room includes the basics of; a toaster, kettle and fridge/freezer, and a two ring hob so that you can get a few consumables in. We were all inclusive trippers, and as such didn't use those facilities, but can see the value for self catering travellers.

There are 'three' pools at the Leda buildings I, II, II, consisting of a baby splash, a toddler pool, and the older children/adult pool. This was perfect to the accomodation, it appears that the hotel on the whole accomodates families with children within the Leda blocks, and as such all those around are likeminded individuals (for the most part anyway).

The food at the restaurant I found to be enjoyable with a good selection most nights, on the odd occasions I found there was little for me personally, but its not all about me, and reading some of the reviews some people seem to forget that the hotel is not catering specifically for them. The breakfasts consisted of a large array of pastries, breads, cheeses, yogurts and cooked items (eggs, bacon, etc). Lunches and Dinner were very similar in that there was a large selection of salads, and cooked items, included variety of meats, and vegatables, plus a childrens menu.

The room we stayed in was an apartment with 3 adults and 1 infant. There is a room with a folding screen with a double bed and wardrobe then there is a main living area with sofa, armchair plus a single bed in the corner of the room which was also tucked away.

We paid £130pp (x 3 adults), all inclusive, and this accomodation was more than enough for us.

Admittedly we have travelled during a relatively quiet week towards the end of the season, therefore our comments largely reflect that the hotel was slightly quieter than normal.

Room Tip: I think a 1 bedroom apartment is ideal for a family.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Robbie P
Tipperary
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Have just returned on Wed 3rd Sept from this holiday complex.Without been too long winded in my review, I have to say this has been one of the worst holidays we have ever been on.
In the current economic climate a holiday is a luxury to many people. So when we booked we were really looking forward to the break after a very difficult year. How dissapointed were we. I Know you cant expect a "Michelen Star meal for the price of a take away" but this place really takes beating for grubbyness.
Our trip over was perfect, no problems with checkin, but it went all downhill from there. The apartment was grubby, old fashioned, and smelly. Minerva 1. The weather was not great but that cannot be helped by the complex. The restaurant that we dined in until Monday was ok. Leda 3. the food was ok, thank God for salads , otherwise we would have been hungry for the week. (We went all inclusive....never again). What shocked us was the way that people started drinking the minute the pool bars were open, and kept at it all day, hence when the evening they were loud, rowdy, and very agressive , we heard it all in our corridor later on in the night, including domestic violence. On our second night at the show garden entertainment, we were very upset by the content of the entertainment, ( referring to the Irish and potatoe heads in the one sentance is not very funny, we left our feelings known to reception and to give them their dews they had an apology read out the following night. These people should realise that it is every nationality that takes a holiday with them that pays their wages, and no one nationality should be the butt of their jokes. We were moved to a different restaurant on Monday, oh what a nightmare, the food was awful, Chaos trying to find anything, and the place was a complete mess. the floors were greasy and dangerous and the staff seemed totally oblivious. to this.
My biggest complaint of all was the bites. now a lot of people thought that it was mosquito bites but I did not leave my room on Sunday night as i had a very heavy cold, to my shock and horror i woke up monday morning and my legs were just covered in bites, from then on i kept a close eye and yes they .were bed bugs. I still have the marks on my legs to prove it. I saw loads of people in a very distressed state with marks, speaking to a few and they all agreed with me bout this. To finish this I will just say that it was an awful holiday, I came back very upset that we had spent our hard earned money on such a grubby, flea pit.
On another note, I had the unfortunate experience of spilling a cup of coffee on myself during the flight home. RYAN AIR were just fab, really looked after me well gave me a dressing and gel, and kept coming back to see if i was OK. Fair play to them, they do not deserve the bad press that they get.
Below we are given an option to select a rating, this complex does not deserve a rating. Thank you for reading this review, I hope that it will stop sombody else from having a miserable holiday.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CandV20
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Worst holiday ever, We booked this for our First Wedding Anniversary big mistake. We waited 1hr on the bus then 2hr ride to get from the Airport some said they waited 4hrs cause the driver got lost we arrived at reception which is more like a hut waited in line was given a map which no one could understand cause she just scibbled all over it. Evenutually we found our own way to our room which was in a block Neptune 1 opened the door and we was lost for words how basic it was like travel lodge and they are better two seperate beds horrible bath room the decoration was appauling. i don't know where to start. the fridge kept us awake all night and them they come round at 7:00 on a morning blowing the leaves. we stayed for a week got clean towels once and i had to pinch toilet roll from the public toilets as we only got one in the room. The swimmingpools are small one family got an ear infection. the snaks bar was good once you found it make sure you have the right colour band on through or you get told off for been there . The safe is not electronic you have an old fashioned key and it's £20 deposit. The Restaurant was noisy food could have been a lot better and the coffe cups taste like bleach kids droping glasses we ended up eating out at Nevadas accross the road it's the best and don't pay for the hprse riding you can walk to it from the hotel turn left and just up the track you finfd it RANXO they have a farm with lots of animals as well for kids. The entertainment is not even worth talking about . Overall i would say i would never ever go back if you paid me

Room Tip: book in the flats
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Selkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm not used to this type of resort. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately our balcony looked down onto 'the best show in town' - very loud but occasionally entertaining. The staff work hard to cope with the numbers and I commend them. There are plenty of amenities and the busstop and taxi rank to get you to the old town of Alcudia are a short distance away. If you just want the stunning beach and lost of bars you will love it here.

Room Tip: rooms facing east will have better views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos
#31 of 49 in Port d'Alcudia
BelleVue Lagomonte
BelleVue Lagomonte
#26 of 49 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!