“Perfect Family Holiday”

Ranked #46 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect Family Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is a great facility for young families. We took our 13 month old son here for his first proper holiday.

We were facilitated in an apartment in Leda I, and cannot fault the provisions, the room includes the basics of; a toaster, kettle and fridge/freezer, and a two ring hob so that you can get a few consumables in. We were all inclusive trippers, and as such didn't use those facilities, but can see the value for self catering travellers.

There are 'three' pools at the Leda buildings I, II, II, consisting of a baby splash, a toddler pool, and the older children/adult pool. This was perfect to the accomodation, it appears that the hotel on the whole accomodates families with children within the Leda blocks, and as such all those around are likeminded individuals (for the most part anyway).

The food at the restaurant I found to be enjoyable with a good selection most nights, on the odd occasions I found there was little for me personally, but its not all about me, and reading some of the reviews some people seem to forget that the hotel is not catering specifically for them. The breakfasts consisted of a large array of pastries, breads, cheeses, yogurts and cooked items (eggs, bacon, etc). Lunches and Dinner were very similar in that there was a large selection of salads, and cooked items, included variety of meats, and vegatables, plus a childrens menu.

The room we stayed in was an apartment with 3 adults and 1 infant. There is a room with a folding screen with a double bed and wardrobe then there is a main living area with sofa, armchair plus a single bed in the corner of the room which was also tucked away.

We paid £130pp (x 3 adults), all inclusive, and this accomodation was more than enough for us.

Admittedly we have travelled during a relatively quiet week towards the end of the season, therefore our comments largely reflect that the hotel was slightly quieter than normal.

Room Tip: I think a 1 bedroom apartment is ideal for a family.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Robbie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,712)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Tipperary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Have just returned on Wed 3rd Sept from this holiday complex.Without been too long winded in my review, I have to say this has been one of the worst holidays we have ever been on.
In the current economic climate a holiday is a luxury to many people. So when we booked we were really looking forward to the break after a very difficult year. How dissapointed were we. I Know you cant expect a "Michelen Star meal for the price of a take away" but this place really takes beating for grubbyness.
Our trip over was perfect, no problems with checkin, but it went all downhill from there. The apartment was grubby, old fashioned, and smelly. Minerva 1. The weather was not great but that cannot be helped by the complex. The restaurant that we dined in until Monday was ok. Leda 3. the food was ok, thank God for salads , otherwise we would have been hungry for the week. (We went all inclusive....never again). What shocked us was the way that people started drinking the minute the pool bars were open, and kept at it all day, hence when the evening they were loud, rowdy, and very agressive , we heard it all in our corridor later on in the night, including domestic violence. On our second night at the show garden entertainment, we were very upset by the content of the entertainment, ( referring to the Irish and potatoe heads in the one sentance is not very funny, we left our feelings known to reception and to give them their dews they had an apology read out the following night. These people should realise that it is every nationality that takes a holiday with them that pays their wages, and no one nationality should be the butt of their jokes. We were moved to a different restaurant on Monday, oh what a nightmare, the food was awful, Chaos trying to find anything, and the place was a complete mess. the floors were greasy and dangerous and the staff seemed totally oblivious. to this.
My biggest complaint of all was the bites. now a lot of people thought that it was mosquito bites but I did not leave my room on Sunday night as i had a very heavy cold, to my shock and horror i woke up monday morning and my legs were just covered in bites, from then on i kept a close eye and yes they .were bed bugs. I still have the marks on my legs to prove it. I saw loads of people in a very distressed state with marks, speaking to a few and they all agreed with me bout this. To finish this I will just say that it was an awful holiday, I came back very upset that we had spent our hard earned money on such a grubby, flea pit.
On another note, I had the unfortunate experience of spilling a cup of coffee on myself during the flight home. RYAN AIR were just fab, really looked after me well gave me a dressing and gel, and kept coming back to see if i was OK. Fair play to them, they do not deserve the bad press that they get.
Below we are given an option to select a rating, this complex does not deserve a rating. Thank you for reading this review, I hope that it will stop sombody else from having a miserable holiday.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CandV20

Travelers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Worst holiday ever, We booked this for our First Wedding Anniversary big mistake. We waited 1hr on the bus then 2hr ride to get from the Airport some said they waited 4hrs cause the driver got lost we arrived at reception which is more like a hut waited in line was given a map which no one could understand cause she just scibbled all over it. Evenutually we found our own way to our room which was in a block Neptune 1 opened the door and we was lost for words how basic it was like travel lodge and they are better two seperate beds horrible bath room the decoration was appauling. i don't know where to start. the fridge kept us awake all night and them they come round at 7:00 on a morning blowing the leaves. we stayed for a week got clean towels once and i had to pinch toilet roll from the public toilets as we only got one in the room. The swimmingpools are small one family got an ear infection. the snaks bar was good once you found it make sure you have the right colour band on through or you get told off for been there . The safe is not electronic you have an old fashioned key and it's £20 deposit. The Restaurant was noisy food could have been a lot better and the coffe cups taste like bleach kids droping glasses we ended up eating out at Nevadas accross the road it's the best and don't pay for the hprse riding you can walk to it from the hotel turn left and just up the track you finfd it RANXO they have a farm with lots of animals as well for kids. The entertainment is not even worth talking about . Overall i would say i would never ever go back if you paid me

Room Tip: book in the flats
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Selkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I'm not used to this type of resort. The apartment was clean and comfortable. Unfortunately our balcony looked down onto 'the best show in town' - very loud but occasionally entertaining. The staff work hard to cope with the numbers and I commend them. There are plenty of amenities and the busstop and taxi rank to get you to the old town of Alcudia are a short distance away. If you just want the stunning beach and lost of bars you will love it here.

Room Tip: rooms facing east will have better views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Pentewan, null, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

My partner and I were planning on our first holiday abroad as a couple to be magic. We arrived at Club Bellevue at 12.30pm and waited in line to check in. We arrived at the check in desk only to be told that we had to come back at 3pm to check in. We had no information as to where we could leave our cases so that we could go and get something to eat, so we sat outside reception in the sunshine and waited. At 3pm, we checked in, and were given a map and given poor directions to our apartment block. We stayed in Minerva 2, room 529, which wasn't the easiest to find, but eventually found it after about 15 mins. We could'nt wait to get into our room so that we could finally have something to eat. Well, it was very dissappointing, we were expecting a proper kitchen with all appliances, wrong, we had a fridge, basic microwave, 2 hobs and a kettle, along with a sink. Where was the grill, oven, toaster and even the tin opener. We didn't even have proper saucepans, we had 2 large stock pots to cook with. The whole room wasn't great. Most of the time we had to eat out due to the lack of facilities in our so called kitchen. Apart fro the poor accomodation, the rest of the holiday was great, but we certainly won't be going back to Club Bellevue again, and have even told our friends how poor the accomodation was. We spoke to shopkeepers in the town about our hotel, they didn;t have a good word to say about the complex. I think the owners need to spend money to actually make it worth staying there.

Room Tip: Check that the self catering rooms have full cooking facilities before you travel, don't wait ti...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sharon W
GLOS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am not normally one to want to write a review or have the time to do so but after coming back from this hotel today I feel I have to and hope I can stop other people parting with their hard earned cash. This hotel and complex is quite simply the worst place I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. Why? it is surrounded by stagnant water and green lakes and canals that breed millions of mosquitoes that literally attack everyone who leaves their apartments. Everyone I saw in the restaurants and bars were covered in nasty bites! The food in the all-inclusive/half board restaurants is disgusting, the breakfast is just passable as food but you have to queue at coffee machines, for toast, for eggs for everything and the tables do not have salt and pepper or anything other than dirty knives and forks. The lunches and dinners are cold, the food is just about cooked and you again have to queue for ten minutes for most of the food. After two days we ditched our all-inclusive plan and went on the main road outside the complex for our food and drink. Every hotel I have ever stayed in they clean your room everyday and sometimes have Sundays off. We had our room cleaned on the second day and that was it! no clean sheets, clean linen or towels and take the rubbish away. We complained and told it would be sorted and that was everyday! we had to go to reception and demand towels as nothing else was happening. Drunken teenagers shouting and running up the corridors until 5 in the morning,, The only positive thing I have to say about this holiday is that Alcudia itself is a beautiful resort and the beach and sea is gorgeous. Take my advice and do not book in this place it is Butlins x 50 times worst and the staff at the hotel don't care less about anything especially the clients staying there.

Food 1/10

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Arrived Saturday 15th September
And was surprised we only payed £500 me my partner and our 1year old son
Room was a bit small and had a very damp smell which we soon cleaned
After that it was great , staff at the hotel where very pleasant ,and the room was regularly cleaned
Swimming pools are every where and the lakes and rivers are full with fish
Entertainment was basic but our son loved every minute also the little fun fair
The beech is a short walk away and is great with white sand and sun beds every where
The sea was lovely and warm yes even in September
We went self catering , good as food everywhere was good and cheap
The only bad point was the bar at the hotel entrance called Yummy Yummy when we walked past the bloke outside said
Come in mate you won't find any [--] Germans in here racist [--]
We are planning to go back to the Bellevue next year with friends
You get what you pay for and this was a bargin
Darren tolley

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos
Seaclub Mediterranean Resort
Seaclub Mediterranean Resort
#10 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,317 reviews

Been to BelleVue Club? Share your experiences!