Have just returned from this hotel.
Having read all the reviews before I visited this hotel. I am now telling you my view
Good selection of food
Room on the smallish side for three adults ( 2 adults and a 17 year old)
Television oddly positioned. - I put mine on a very thick book so I could see telly last thing at night.
Bathroom - on the smallish side but what amazed me was the old fashioned shower hose and a shower curtain!!!!!!!!! Four star fittings - I don't think so. (Went in a ultra modern four star last year and had a walk in shower with an overhead and wall mounted shower). Maybe that has spoilt me.
Beach is beautiful, about a 5 minute walk The sunbeds/ umbrellas can be reserved in four days or single day slots, so get to the beach early on your first day if you are like us and like the same spot every day ( sorry bit sad - I know) They cost 9 euros a day for 2 beds and an umbrella - cheapest we have paid for a good three years.
We caught a taxi into the Port of Alcudia and a return trip is about 16 euros. Can Picafort is about 21 euros,both worth a visit. The local shops however, are right on your doorstep and a fair few as well.
We never go around the pool or see the evening entertainment- so can't comment.
I would say the English are most certainly in the minority here and I would say the resort as well,we only heard about a handful of English families in the whole of our weeks stay. This is not a problem. However, certainly noticed the difference when we went to Alcudia!!
The little cafe on the beach do a lovely homemade lemonade - try it.
Yes, I would come back to this hotel and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it I am just a little disappointed after all the glowing reports and it being no 1 in Alcudia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 150 m away from the beach, surrounded by big gardens. Rooms: Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools with children's splash pool. Swimming lessons. SAP with heated indoor pool. Jacuzzi. Sauna. Turkish bath. Massages. Gym. Tennis courts. Beach volley Table tennis. Miniclub. Nursery. Children's playground. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast buffet. Hot and cold dinner-buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Snack restaurant. Services: Shop. Car, bicycle and motorbike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grupotel Maritimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Maritimo Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Grupotel Maritimo Puerto Alcudia
- Maritimo Hotel Alcudia
- Hotel Maritimo Alcudia
- Grupotel Maritimo Majorca, Spain