Alcudia Xperience Bus

Boring

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Lisa B
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I'm on this trip right now and honestly I'm ready for jumping off a cliff. It's soooo boring. The tour guide, Doris is nice but i can hardly make out any language clearly. The boat is cancelled due to weather so they trying to find something to do but id rather go back to hotel lol... Honestly, don't waste your money.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We had a short but informative tour today. We went to see a fort, an old bull fighting ring, where man made Mallorca pearls are made and finally to the cathedral and the market. A lot to cover in only four hours. I thing it makes sense to do the tour because it gives you a great overview.

It was fun to shop the market at the end and of course we found a few things to buy.

They have audio and the guide talks as you walk. For some elderly folk it may be too stressful with a lot of steps.

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

We bought the tickets in our hotel. The hotel employer told us to wait for the bus at a street in front of a hotel nearby. So we went to that hotel and waited for our bus.
Finally the bus arrived and Doris, our guide, got out of the bus and told us, that we have been standing at the wrong station and „luckily she found us because otherwise they would have done the trip without us“, although the hotel employer told us to wait there.
After we got in the bus we picked up some other guests at their hotel. It took way too much time in our opinion, we nearly spent 1 hour for just picking up people in Alcudia. On our way to the hotels, the bus passed many small streets and also ran over a barrier on a sidewalk.
The tour in the bus and the things Doris told us were interesting. The stops at formentor beach and Pollença were nice, we had a beautiful view. The boat trip was good, too.
On our way back Doris offloaded us on the wrong hotel. We stood in front of the hotel „ Eix Lago“, our hotels name was „Lago Park“. Since it was our second day in Puerto de Muro, we didn’t know the neighbourhood very well and got out of the bus because Doris was sure our hotel was around the corner. The bus drove away really fast, we had no chance to get back in.
Fortunately our hotel was only ten minutes away, so we walked.

In a nutshell the trip was okay, but we wouldn‘t do it again and we recommend to spend 26€ per person for other (better) activities.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

We booked the trip to see Palma. It had been offered by our tour operator.

Offered was: Brand New Glasroof Bus with inseat videoscreens presentation about Palma.

We Got: charted old smelly non-airconditioned bus with manual noisy translations using a bad onboard speaker system - We could not understand a word. The sightseeing trip in Palma town was a detour of extra 5 min which the presentor was only saying : this is the shopping street with famous department stores - OK .. we might have noticed ourselves anyway.

As it was a pre-seasonal trip a overbooking of the buses can not be the reason.

Time and Organisation was ok - however with all the picking up and dropping it took us more than 2 hours to reach palma. Leaving us less then 4 hours in Palma.. for full day trip starting 8:45am and returning 6:00pm a better choice

Suggest everyone to rent a car - petrol/ parking fees and car would be less than this trip with more and felxible time to spend in the city.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

We took this tour to see the sights of alcudia and visit the market. All we saw were hotel complexes and not much else we went to the market but no for long. The guide only spoke in german so we didn't even know what she was going on about half of the time and we were dropped off in the middle of nowhere at the end of the tour without being told how to get back to our hotel

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I'd rate 0 star if I could terrible isn't bad enough.
Must have been mad to bother it was wife's idea for a bit of a tour expecting it to be hop on / hop off like similar uk buses, it's not it's doesn't offer that facility.
Bus was late wasted 25 minutes waiting for it, older women courier was miserable as sin and scruffy. She looked like a homeless person.
Bus looked like it had come from scrap yard. Soon as I got on bus driver sped off almost throwing me up stairs. Commentary was English/ German mixture changing randomly all that was pointed out was which bar to have biggest breakfast which bar did best steak or cheapest lager. Or where to buy latest fake sports wear. The supposed highlights being a disused power station and a light house that bus stopped behind a tree so you couldn't actually see it while driver went to smoke or eat. The light house was nothing to write home about. Driver was more interested in randomly stopping to get snacks or drinks of fellow tour bus drivers or cigarette break at light house.
Highlight was bus getting blocked in old town by careless driver but it was more exciting than the tour.
Would definitely not recommend a trip its a farce

Reviewed August 28, 2017

I can only describe this whole experience as a farce. By booking online via Tripadvisor, I paid more that if I had booked it on the day in Alcudia which was E14 each adult and E7 per child. My original booking for Monday 21st was cancelled late Sunday night by email (due to external reasons?) and then my request for 1pm tour on Tuesday was also cancelled as only appear to do 11am tour in August. Arrived at meeting point at the BV complex (despite advertising that they lift from your hotel - which they go close to (Siesta Apt 1), but don't stop) for 10:50. We then waited with others in the mid-day heat for the bus to finally arrive at 11:30am. Tour was provided by a lady who spoke both German and English (sometimes appearing to switch mid-sentence). When a mother and child got on half way through the tour and there was only one seat, she asked if my three-year old could sit on my knee! Obviously I refused as I didn't pay for my daughters seat for some other child to sit in it, whilst I am left with a warm sweaty child on my knee. When I refused, by simply stating, "why, I have paid for my daughters seat". I was then blanked and then given a dirty look when I exited the bus at the end of the tour. This was an absolute joke from first cancellation through to finish. Tour by the way, apart from Alcudia Old Town was nothing more than someone pointing out hotels and number of rooms in them and what nationalities stayed there!!! Seriously!

Reviewed May 15, 2017

Paid 34 Euros for 2 of us. Pick up time was 12.40 witht he tour due to start at 13.00 with the leaflet telling us it would last approx 100 minutes. Bus arrived at 13.05 with no apology. Met by older lady who simply said "English or German" and then shouted "upstairs".
We drove around the corner and dropped off a family of 4 who had been on the 11.00am tour. We then had a tour around the back of the Bellevue Hotel complex where we were told how many rooms it had. Next we went to another large hotel and told about rooms there. We then went to the port, were told which restaurants to go to for steak or fish and then flew around the yacht club at breakneck speed. We then drove up the road to the old town and went past the castle walls. The "guide" was downstairs the whole time, speaking on her microphone that was so crackly you could hardly tell what she was saying.
The funniest but was that we then went to a disused power station, for what reason I have no idea.
We could then tell we were heading back but thought we must be going somewhere else, but no, we were dropped off just before 14.00 making our tour just short of 55 minutes.
When we got off the "guide" was out of the bus at the door with her hand out, ready for a tip. I asked why it was so short when the leaflet said approx 100 minutes. She then claimed not to understand what I was saying.
We had booked this at the hotel reception based on a leaflet they gave us. I asked at reception how long they usually last and they just said they vary but usually a bit longer than we had.
Please don't waste your money. Get the Ting Ting train that lasts 30 minutes for 4 euros or the bus that costs just over a euro.

1  Thank SwintonManchester
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I Booked this tour directly from the Bellevue Club and was given a ticket with the time and that the coach would pick us up on the Sunday at reception.
The coach was on time and my partner and I were met with a friendly tour guide who translated both English and German.
We stopped at a handful of hotels before continuing our journey in to the Old town of Alcudia, whilst our guide gave us interesting facts about the surrounding area.
When we arrived at Alcudia, our guide took us up to the market and gave us our instructions as where to meet and at what time, plus she gave us vital information on where to locate the tourist information office and how to find our way back if we got lost.
The market is filled with bustling stalls of colour and smells, but there are a lot of looky looky type stalls and you need to be extra careful for safety of personal possesions. There is the protection wall that surrounds the old town which you can walk along, plus there is a museum in the cathedral and you can go in to the Bull Ring also when you are visiting.

1  Thank samanthajackx
Reviewed October 13, 2016

We were collected from our hotel at the port by the city tour bus at 1 15 pm. The so called English speaking guide was a rather abrupt older lady whose English was impossible to understand. We were sat upstairs in the open top bus and couldn't make out anything the lady said. Around 1 55 we seemed to be on the way back and the bus stopped and 2 people got off. After that the bus sped along towards C'an Picafort and we realised it was not going to our hotel. We came downstairs at the next stop and the guide shouted at us that we should've got off at the first stop. We had to pay for a taxi to take us back to our hotel. Paid 34 euros for this plus 5 euros for the taxi, waste of money and we were only on the bus 45 minutes.

1  Thank scottie37