Stayed here in October 2013 with my friend for a week, we chose the hotel because we found it looked like one of the nicest and good value for money compared to others we'd seen in Alcudia. I was actually quite surprised at how nice it was when we arrived, the lobby area is very modern and well equipped, and every time we walked in to the hotel from outside we were hit with a really nice fresh, flowery smell - had no idea what it actually was but it was lovely! Our room was just as great, we were really pleased with what we got for our money. We had a spacious terrace with table, chairs, clothes dryer...
As far as I'm aware the hotel has the options of all inclusive, half-board and self-catering. We went for self-catering as we hoped there would be a nearby town with plenty of good restaurants to go to - which there was - lots of nice food! But the room had everything we could have possibly wanted or needed on our holiday. Air con was also good! As far as I can remember, I think a maid came everyday and the room was always spotless when we returned the pool or beach! Not that we encountered much of the reception staff, they seemed polite enough and the waiters were all on top form - a couple in particular gave us some hilarious memories! I've noticed on a few other reviews that people felt they were being pushed for tips, I'm not sure if I could agree with this but they do seem to have a slightly strange system at the bar - maybe this was because we weren't all-inclusive, not too sure.
The town is a short walk away, literally 5 or so minutes and you're on the beach - you follow this into the town where there's the usual touristy shops and plenty of restaurants. The beach also was one of the nicest I've ever seen (even in October!), so clean and the sea was beautiful - completely clear and quite shallow very far out, which made a nice change for plunging into cold deep water!
So overall, we had a great time and would definitely return to this hotel in Alcudia! Good value for money, pretty hotel and surroundings. The only thing I could possibly fault would be the freezing cold water in the pool. Maybe it was the time of year we went, but it just never seemed to warm up unlike the sea. Other than this, we couldn't find any complaints.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tan solo 200m de la preciosa playa del Puerto de Alcudia, y en pleno centro de su area comercial y de ocio, el Hotel-Apartamentos Viva Tropic dispone de una situacion que ofrece todas las garantias para la mejor estancia vacacional. Renovado en 2010, sus comodas y completas instalaciones son perfectas para unas vacaciones en familia: habitaciones amplias y elegantes, tres piscinas, una general, otra con juegos de agua y un Barco Pirata y, la mas exclusiva, una piscina chill out con camas balinesas, asi como un area de Spa con piscina cubierta, sauna, bano turco y jacuzzi, y una pista polideportiva. Ademas, el Hotel - Apartamentos Viva Tropic cuenta con el mas completo programa de animacion para todas las edades y las mas deliciosas propuestas gastronomicas en sus restaurantes: buffet, snacks y a la carte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viva Tropic & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Tropic Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Alcudia
- Alcudia Viva Tropic
- Viva Tropic & Spa Majorca, Spain