We have stayed the last two years at the Viva Sunrise based about twenty minutes walk from the port, this year all the Royal Terrace apartments were booked at the sunrise, so we decided to try the Viva Tropic, which is based in the port.
Viva Hotels have a range of different rooms, but we always opt for the Royal Apartments, these come with a larger balcony, complete with a dining table and chairs, relaxing sofa area, loungers a hammock and a Jacuzzi. The Royal Apartments are what makes this hotel 4 star.
Although we never stay all inclusive in hotels we did go and look at the buffet breakfast, and oh my word, I honestly can say even in Five star London Hotels I have never seen such a massive collection of breakfast, every fruit you could imagine, cold meats, cooked breakfast including for those British holiday makers baked beans and hash browns, and all the rest to make you a "full English" fruit juices, cereals etc.... a treat on the eye... not entirely sure why the last reviewer said it wasn't 4 star, I am yet to stay in a hotel that offers more.
The hotel has a main outdoor pool, as well as an adults only "quiet" pool with double bed loungers, and a child's play area and splash pool with a pirate ship, there is also an indoor spa facility with an indoor pool and Jacuzzis which children can use with adult supervision, so even if it rains, you are well in (rain??? we had a couple of days of it unfortunately, but it didn't ruin the break as we had the indoor facilities)
We wanted to hire a DVD player for our daughter to be entertained before bed, and the hotel were happy to arrange this for us, the hotel also has an outside bar and restaurant/snack bar that serves till about 3pm, as well as its indoor restaurant. We ate outside twice, the food is very nice and the service professional.
You can hire bikes and should you have rain, there are umbrellas available in the foyer, the hotel was immaculately clean, the cleaners completely clean your room 5 days a week, with fresh bed linen and towels (if you leave used ones in the bath/shower they will leave you fresh) I understand all the rooms have fridges/kitchen facilities (but do check) you will find a well stocked supermarket on site in the foyer, and the prices are reasonable.
The receptionists are very helpful and speak good English, but you always get an extra smile if you can use a few Spanish words, they happily arranged an alarm call for our departure day, and informed us of our transfer times for departure.
Staying closer to the port meant we hardly visited the "lower" town near the Viva sunrise, which seemed to be a "strip" of restaurants for tourists, we did however notice that eating in the port was more costly but then, its beautiful and we didn't have one bad meal.
I have to recommend that if you are not booked in to eat at the hotel, you must if you are British have breakfast at "the foxes" to find it from the hotel walk down to the main road turning right from the hotel doors, taking a right at the end of the road, then the first left, and then right again, walk up towards the Burger king, follow the main road down towards the Pharmacy "has big green crosses above with neon lights" the Foxes is a couple of minutes past the Pharmacy (which is very helpful if you do need any medical assistance) here you will find Jamie and Karen who serve up Breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a Sunday Roast. we had breakfast there every day, and my parents who came for a short break whilst we were on holiday were absolutely impressed and said they too would have eaten there every day of their holiday.
Not to be missed is a walk up to the old walled town, about twenty minutes away from the hotel by foot, and full of quaint eateries and unique shops, they also have a market sundays and Tuesdays which is very crowded....
I would definitely recommend this hotel, and I think we will be returning here next year, we had thought we would miss "the strip" by the Viva Sunrise as all the restaurants cater for children, however we found the port restaurants also catered well for children, and so with the beauty of the port on our doorstep it seems the viva hotels have captured us, and at least if one hotel has their royal apartments all booked we know what to expect at the other hotel.
Adults, this is a family hotel, if you want all this without kids, Viva also have another Hotel called The Viva Vanity Golf, which is adult only....
Book with viva and you will not be disappointed, I promise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tan solo 200m de la preciosa playa del Puerto de Alcudia, y en pleno centro de su area comercial y de ocio, el Hotel-Apartamentos Viva Tropic dispone de una situacion que ofrece todas las garantias para la mejor estancia vacacional. Renovado en 2010, sus comodas y completas instalaciones son perfectas para unas vacaciones en familia: habitaciones amplias y elegantes, tres piscinas, una general, otra con juegos de agua y un Barco Pirata y, la mas exclusiva, una piscina chill out con camas balinesas, asi como un area de Spa con piscina cubierta, sauna, bano turco y jacuzzi, y una pista polideportiva. Ademas, el Hotel - Apartamentos Viva Tropic cuenta con el mas completo programa de animacion para todas las edades y las mas deliciosas propuestas gastronomicas en sus restaurantes: buffet, snacks y a la carte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Zafiro Tropic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Tropic Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Alcudia
- Alcudia Viva Tropic
- Zafiro Tropic Majorca, Spain