“Great hotel”

Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Big thank you to all staff in Ivory! Great place to stay, great bunch of people that made everyone feel welcomed. Clean rooms, good food, spa, fitness, fantastic massage, two pools and the best mojitos! And the fact that the sea is less than a minute away makes this hotel perfect place to stay. Would definitely be back!

3 Thank stisha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We had stayed here as part of a wedding party which was taking place in the port. We had booked numerous rooms and the hotel kept us together.
The hotel itself had all the facilities you could need. 2 pools, great bars, entertainment and clean efficient rooms. Would highly recommend for family holiday.

2 Thank Prime_Steak_mgt
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a three week stay in alcudia where we spent part of our time in the Ivory. Once again a fantastic, fun filled stay. The hotel keeps going from strength to strength adding and updating the surroundings every year. This time we benefited from the Ivospa, a brand new Spa area in the hotel grounds. I highly reccomend using it if you are staying. Belen is the main girl who looks after it and is absolutely brilliant at what she does, we had manicures, pedicures, massage and the most amazing facials here. The spa area itself is beautifully fitted out and has a gym facility also.

Being a regular visitor to the hotel it is a credit to the direction and management that all the staff here are fantastic, Cati, Gabi, Dennis, Antonia, Britta all run the front of house superbly. The bar and restaurant facilities run by Michi (who has been here over 20 years) along with Francisco, Victor and Manolo are also a credit to the hotel. All new staff are equally as kind and friendly which is testament to the policy of this hotel and it's massive return clientele. It is running at 100% capacity at the end of September.

I had a number of friends over in Mallorca as guests for my wedding and all of them were welcomed and looked after and intend to return in the near future also.

Thank you so very much to all the staff in the Ivory and see you very soon I hope! X

Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Do you dream of a glass of red wine, watching over the beautiful Mediterranean sea? Well, forget it. All rooms with sea view are interrupted each and every night with extremely annoying and "halfhearted" entertainment.

It all starts around 08.00PM with some entertainment for the kids. Very cute the first night.. extremely annoying the second, the third, the fourth night.. and so on.. you get the point. The entertainment for the adults ends around 11.00PM, however we did experience it one night to last till 12.00PM. So if you want to enjoy a quite meal or a glass of red wine in a less annoying environment you have to escape to port'd alcudia around 08.00PM and return at least after 11.00PM. Taxi ride to the port is fairly cheap and will take you back about 6 or 7 euros one way.

The cleaning is done from 09.30AM. If you want to sleep in one morning you can forget it. There is no "please do not disturb" sign that you can hang outside your door. Although you might not be able to sleep in anyway, cause the beds are rock hard and you can hear the neighbor snoring throughout the night.

The only reason we are not giving it "terrible" is because of the closeness to the lovely beach.

I would strongly advise couples to spend their money elsewhere, unless of course you like annoying and loud evening entertainment straight on your balcony every night in your holiday.

If you want to see a videoclip of the entertainment from our balcony, then please do not hesitate to PM me and we will send it to you. You will be surprised.

7 Thank Vaganor
Derry City, N. Ireland
Reviewed September 14, 2013

OK.
First visit to Ivory Playa and we chose this Hotel because there where so many
great reviews about it on Trip Advisor. I have to admit we where NOT TOTALLY
disappointed. So before I add my 10 cents worth, let me say I would have no
hesitation staying here again. Nice rooms, Great food, Pleasant and welcoming
staff, Great pools, Small but Nice Gym which I used frequently, Spa, Sauna, Steam
Room.

But.....3 points I'd like to raise that had me a bit annoyed. My room was
433 for any staff member reading this, We left a tip for the very pleasant young
lady that cleans the rooms in an envelope on the table, we hope she got it, but for
the record it was half of what we would normally leave. What let the room down was

1.) The toilet Bowl. It was 2 days before leaving that I noticed this, I bent down
in the bathrom to pick something up and I happened to notice that under the rim of
the toilet bowl was pure black. Now it didn't get this way over night. It looks as
if it hasn't been cleaned in a year. I blame housekeeping manager for not carrying
out inspections on a regular basis.

2.) Twin beds! I don't care how hot a country is, My wife and I want a double bed when
we book in. Especially as we always take our holiday on our anniversary and this year
was our 32nd,. I did request one when I booked the holiday, as I normally do ever year,
but I never get it. It may not be important to Ivory Playa but it is to us.

3.) Entertainment!! Zero! Zilch! Nada!!.
And this is the same in every hotel/resort we have ever gone to. Having some one on stage singing from 10:15 to 11pm is not entertainment. Now I know you
can't cater for every taste but live music and dancing has to be most patrons
favourite. It is ours. We didn't go on holiday to catch up on sleep. we wanted a
few late nights dancing to the wee small hours.The two young entertainment ladies
tried their best and I'd say it worked well for the children but not for us I'm
afraid. I'd have to give the girls 11 out of 10 for their efforts.

That's it. My 3 gripes. They do have a beautiful hotel and it's a very nice resort,
and despite the 3 gripes above I would return. But It looks like its back to the cruise
ships for us where we can be assured of music, dancing and late nights.

Hope this doesn't put anyone off choosing this hotel.
It is one of the best I've seen in a long time and I would reccommend it, but pay a bit more attention to the toilets please. That's really the only fault and it may just be a one of in that particular room.

Room Tip: Our room over looked the main street which gave us great sunsets at night. However if you want the...
5 Thank Jerbear197
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Just returned from a week at the ivory playa. The hotel was lovely all the rooms were clean and maids were in every other day. The hotel was a €5 euro cab ride or €1.50 pp bus ride to the port which is beautiful and the restaurants are better than the local ones to the hotel. Their is a strip called belle vue which also has lots of bars/restaurants also lots of English/Irish bars. Opposite the hotel there is a massive supermarket which has anything you could need and some smaller shops that sell English papers as well as lilos and floats for the pool/sea. At the hotel the spa is excellent and we was the only people that was in it which was nice. Swimming pool is lovely and only a 1 minute to the beach which is clean and the water is very clean also. Overall I highly recommend the hotel and will be returning next year.

Room Tip: 523 view of mountains and sea
2 Thank Leekennedy123
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first time to this hotel and we found it to be fantastic. The one bedroom apartment was lovely and i thought it would be a fight for the bedroom (me, my husband, 15 year old and 8 year old) but i was wrong. The kids loved the sofa beds, which i have to admit were very comfy.

Staff were very friendly and so helpful all the time. We were half board and the food was brilliant. The beach is just around the corner which was great. There is a supermarket across the road which had everything.

We had a lovely walk in both directions of the hotel, one took you to Playa Mura and the other to Alcudia.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor, number 502 which had a lovely view of the sea from the bedroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults
#4 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
Viva Blue & Spa
Viva Blue & Spa
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa? Share your experiences!