We have just returned from Hotel Spa HSM President and we thoroughly enjoyed our short break. It had just opened for the 2012 season and we were the very first guests to arrive and for half of our first day we practically had the whole hotel to ourselves! All the sunloungers and furniture was immaculate and clean if not brand new for the start of the season and we were most impressed. As with other comments, the staff at this hotel are absolutely fantastic. They cannot do enough for you and some of the restaurant staff have worked there for many years (one of them 33 years) which shows they are happy in their work. The Director was very courteous and always mingles with the guests so all you moaners out there will have ample opportunity to put any issues to him!
One earlier comment I read (in disbelief!) is the fact the the food is re-heated. I cannot see that this can be true as most evenings one or two of the dishes are raw and you tell the chef how much you require and he cooks it in front of you - this included enormous lean pork chops and duck breasts. Three times we had king prawns with shell on which we could help ourselves to. All of the food was excellent quality and fresh - although I would say that some of the pre-made dishes (e.g. lasagne/canelloni etc.) did not keep very hot in the trays so perhaps the restaurant would benefit from a microwave so guests could reheat their dish. This is only a minor observation as I love my food piping hot! If you are all inclusive there is wine, beer and soft drinks at meal times which you can help yourself to. In the main bar there is an excellent all-inclusive selection of drinks including some cocktails which all come in proper glasses and with all the trimmings, ice & slice, plus sugar around the rim of the glass etc.
Sergy and his animation team work very hard on their routines and for what we saw on our short visit, the entertainment was very good - sometimes it was the animation team and sometimes acts from outside. Also they are always mingling with the guests keeping everyone happy.
One couple of points we would mention is that this hotel would probably not suit families with young children as it is out of town and built into the mountain so there are pools on different levels and has lots of steps so is definitely not suitable for pushchairs. There is a shuttle bus into town, but as mentioned previously, it is only a small people carrier and gets full quickly so the driver sometimes has to return 2 or 3 times to ferry everybody to town. Also we felt that perhaps he could go just a little further into the town so save a bit of walking.
For almost the whole of our stay we were the ONLY English couple there - mainly German, Swedish, Norwegian and Polish as well as a few Spanish. This was not a problem as we made many friends and they all spoke English. Lovely people.
The only downside (from our point of view) is that nearly EVERYONE says they will be returing, so when we book next year, it may be a lot more full than this year because of the recommendations!
We would like to thank Gurd and his excellent team of staff for making our short break most enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 4* hotel HSM President stands out for its situation in Aucanada, Alcudia, the resort is full of charm & tranquillity & upholds high quality facilities and good service. It is a perfect choice for couples who want to have a rest and chill out enjoying the privileged environment next to the sea. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM President boasts of an enviable location, in the privileged residential area of Aucanada, 1,5 km from Puerto de Alcudia and 4 km from the village centre. The beach is just steps away (15 m) offering spectacular view of Alcudia Bay. Aucanada is famous for its golf course Golf Aucanada, one of the most modern and impressive golf courses of Majorca. The hotel HSM President is the closest hotel to the golf course (1 km away) and offers free transport service for guests. Alcudia is situated in the north eastern part of the island (54 km from Palma and 60 km from the airport). Being located in one of the most desirable locations on the island with it's calm, extensive beaches, HSM President is a perfect place for families with small children. It offers idyllic naturals spots, such as Natural Park of Albufera or the forest Cas des Pinar. Alcudia Bay offers uncountable attractions: shops, bars, restaurants, water park "Hidropark", possibility to practice outdoor sports where water sports and cycling stand out among others. Many cyclists choose this area thanks to its incredibly enticing cycling routes that offer different levels of difficulty as well as spectacular views! ROOMS: The hotel offers spacious double and single rooms that present elegant and modern decoration and colours. All of the rooms include a bathroom, hairdryer, air conditioning, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), parquet floor, LCD satellite TV and balcony. Some of them offer an outstanding sea view. The hotel offers also Junior Suites, with extra space and a sofa bed and direct sea view! GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers half board, full board or all inclusive food and beverage packages. The restaurant, with a beautiful sea view, offers an extensive and modern buffet with a huge selection of cold and hot dishes as well as a wide variety of homemade desserts. The restaurant also offers dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. All meals are served in the style of a thematic buffet. Drinks in half board and full board are not included in the price (lunch and dinner). All inclusive offers (besides the 3 main meals) snacks between meals and all kind of drinks (beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the day. The clients are asked to wear suitable clothes for dinner. FACILITIES: The hotel offers 3 swimming pools for adults, and one for children. There is a terrace with sunbeds and sunshades. The "Wellness and Spa" area with beautiful sea view offers an indoor swimming pool with hydrotherapy, Turkish bath, jacuzzi, sauna, chill out area and a gym. One must be at least 16 years of age to access the spa area. Bar service is available at the pool. Inside of the hotel there is an indoor bar and spacious, cozy common areas, as well as a game room. CHILDREN: The hotel offers for children: swimming pool, playground and mini club. Also baby cots and high chairs are available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. Pool towels and bathrobes for rent (with a deposit). WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car and rent a bike. Massage service (extra charge). We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Billiards (extra cost), table tennis, tennis court and volleyball in the complex. The hotel is specialized and certified in cycling tourism: not only does the hotel have a well prepared storage room for bicycles, but it also offers general information about cycling routes, meals adapted to the cyclists' needs, etc. Possibility to practice sports in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your HSM President Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm President Hotel
- Hsm President Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Hsm President
- HSM President Golf & Spa Majorca, Spain