We have just returned from a 2 week stay in the Lagoon Center and had a fantastic time. This is our second visit to the Lagoon Center and would definately return next year, however we have since learnt that they will now be catering for Scandinavian guests only. The apartments are a good size and they have air conditioning, which is very good. The view from floor 3 and above is amazing, you can see right over Alcudia to the beach. Unfortunately this year we were on the first floor so didnt see as much but it certainly didtn't spoil our holiday! The maid service is good, 5 times a week and we were always given clean towels. Although the cooking facilities are ok, there is no oven so you are pretty restricted to what you can cook!
The pool isn't massive but it's great for kids and you can see them all the time which is fantastic. It's also easy to get a sunlounger.
The bar staff Elvira, Miguel and Bamba are amazing people who work really hard to make sure you have a good time. Please be nice to them, I saw quite a view people treating them like skivvies!
Gillian the entertainer isn't fantastic to be honest but she does try hard. It's the same stuff every day but if you like bing and water volley ball then you should be ok.
Avoid the touristy supermarkets and go to Eroskis which is a 15 minute walk around the back of the hotel, its a spanish supermarket which is so much cheaper than the shops on the strip.
Loads of restaurants and bars, Luna's and Tamarindo's offer live entertainment whilst you have your dinner but be warned, they are not cheap. Tivoli's is good value for money and they have a lovely little play park for kids, which is secluded.
Avoid the chippy next to the Canal, apparently it's famous for it;s fish and chips but the food is awful and everyone we spoke to had the same experience. Woodpeckers is good and so is Cheers.
Overall we love Alcudia dn would definately return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located Alcudia Bay our wide apartments, refurbished in 2015, will welcome you in a fresh, relaxing and friendly atmosphere that our guests really appreciate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Lagoon Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagoon Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Lagoon Center Puerto Alcudia
- Lagoon Center Hotel Puerto Alcudia
- Lagoon Center Majorca, Spain