“Fantastic holiday”
Review of BelleVue Lagomonte

BelleVue Lagomonte
Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just back from two weeks and would like to say it was a great two weeks.

The food was good and i'm a very fussy eater but always found something to eat, as for people saying the food was lukewarm why didnt they use the microwave?

The entertainment was great with my two year old daughter (Lucee) loving the childrens disco.

The entertainment team worked very hard throughout the day and no one should be alllowed to put them down for the amount of work they do is unreal.

Room was cleaned everyday and never had any problems getting to sleep. As for people saying the walls are thin ........your in a big hotel put up with it or get a villa!!

Location is ideal away from the main strip but only a short walk to all the action should you need it.

Its also worth going to the Jolly Roger if you fancy a change or love a quiz. It's right next to the hotel or the Cheers Bar which is a little walk away but worth it if you want to watch a footie match.

The hotel is a mix of nationalties who all seemed to get on together..(most of the time)

Now the only bad thing ....mossies were out in force .. but that for me was the only bad thing.

Room Tip: any room on the 5th floor
5  Thank Steve B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We took an holiday here in Sept 12, the Hotel is lovely and clean and the island across from the hotel is ideal for some peaceful sunbathing. We went all inclusive and the food is okay, a little boring maybe and never very hot.
The area of Alcudia where the hotel is, is very British with its british pubs and food so if your looking for culture then you maybe better staying nearer the old town.
The buses are very good to the old town and the Port but dont wait gracefully to get on the bus as it is a cat fight !!!

1  Thank towngirl36
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The positives:
The main one has to be the island! It is open to hotel guests only, and has a pool with plenty of sun loungers. It is so quiet, which is a welcome relief from the incessant noise (and 'walking on sunshine' over and over...) that you find at the main pool. The hotel itself is clean and well presented.

The negatives:
The walls are paper thin! My boyfriend can sleep through literally everything, but after our first night we had to move rooms as the person in the next room was snoring that loud!! But, to be fair reception moved us straight away the following morning.
Ants - they're everywhere!
On the third night the air conditioning broke, and we were constantly fobbed off as to when it would be fixed, it never was for the remainder of our stay, no matter how many complaints we made. Our rep merely asked reception and repeated what they were telling us.
The food - ohhhhh the food! It was awful, luke warm, and tasteless! However if your preference is pink chicken or veal, you're going to love it! Veal pie, veal stew, veal lasagne, veal, veal, veal...

Generally, nice rooms, but I can't say I would stay again. There's just too much that needs sorting!

1  Thank nicola_nicola1984
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Location: Ideal location, free bus to the beach provided by the hotel throughout the day. 5 minute walk from the main shopping strip. Which is big !
Rooms: The same layout as a travelodge. Air con good. Safe available 25 euro for the week 5 euro returned when key returned. Water always warm and good pressure.Room cleaned daily If towels left on floor changed .Tele has a few English channels. Balcony 2 chairs. Lifts available.
Food: Breakfast: English fry up, fried eggs. Cereal: Spanish like honey monsters/coco pops/cornflakes. Bread Jam, pastry, croissants, Pate, toaster. Fruit juice, tea coffee. Hot chocolate.
Picnic can be ordered before 7pm to take to the beach the next day. Includes a bottle of water. Roll. Fruit and Pastry.
Lunch / Evening meal. Plenty to choose from Pasta, salad, Potatoes, veg. Meat. chicken, Pork and veal. Fish usually available. Deserts including cakes,fresh fruit,cheese & biscuits.
Drinks.. Fanta Lemon / Orange. Coke, diet coke. Beer Spirits Cocktails. Hot drinks.
Free icecream all day.
Entertainment: Personally as a family we go out at night walking the strip and beach but what we did see and hear was ok, Elvis / Westlife / Abba tribute bands. My 15 year old son joined in the day time entertainment when we returned from the beach. Darts,Pool, Football and hockey.
Hotel; Clean is an understatement. Island opposite owned by hotel with second swimming pool, quiet and self service drinks available. Really relaxing and quiet.
Things to do: Tuesdays and Sundays. Market in the old town. Simply lovely location and worth a visit. The main strip has bars and shops and runs down to the beach.
Beach was amazing clear pebble free beach. 4.50 for a bed including parasol. Worth every penny. Beach bar provide reasonable priced food and drink. The sea is calm and you have to walk out 100 yards before it is up to you waist. Perfect for small children.
We had a lovely holiday and enjoyed Lagomonte, as a family we travel alot and found this hotel to be very nice just remember this is Spain not the Ritz in London.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel gets the morning sun and look onto the lake. Down side is you get the noise f...
7  Thank luvmebug123
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The pools looked very clean and did have a life guard but our 1 was snoozing when I saw him and was sat too far from the pool to be able to see anything so you couldn't rely on him. It is a huge place but we did get taken to our apartment when we arrived as we had a small child with us and it was about 2 am, saying that it was a man in a van and 2 adults out of our party had to stand in the back of the van to be taken there which is a joke really. There was seating for driver and 2 passengers that's all. When we arrived in our room it was clean but we did have an ant infestation in the wardrobe, The next morning we also found them in the kitchen, a huge line of them walking backwards and forwards on the work tops. I called reception and they said they would send someone round to spray, which they did and once they sprayed we didn't see anymore of them. You don't get a kettle but you do get a toaster which is useful and we used a pan on the 2 ring burner. The cleaners came twice in the week, they changed the towels, swept, mopped and made beds and changed the bedding once. Everything was clean so no complaints and the other thing which I was shocked about was, the mattress's were very firm and comfortable. The complex itself is great if you are an active person as there is always loads of things to do, there is a kids club twice a day as well. There is a boat from the complex to the beach which is only 3 euros return, it takes only a few min's and then the beach is a few min's walk from where it drops you. In a nutshell it is a bit like Butlins in the sun. Although we didn't eat there so can't say if the food is good or not we saw a menu on passing and you could get a 3 course evening meal for only 9 euros which also included 1 drink, I was looking forward to trying it but I started being sick the day after seeing it and spent the last 2 days in bed. It is worth going there especially if you have children just take mosquito repellent as we got eaten alive. The only thing that put's me off going again is the 1 hour transfer. Hope you find this useful ;-)

3  Thank Harrywilliam
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Having read the previous reviews we went open minded, arrived Sunday lunch time to be told our room was not available till Monday? Despite my protest and several other guests arriving after us we had to check in to another Bellevue hotel for the night, not an uncommon occurrence as it happened every day we were there. The hotel we were sent to was a disgrace, dirty, and dated, dropped our bags and decided to make the most of it. Went to the pool for a snack!!! Cold chips, raw burgers and flies feasting on the food gave it a wide berth and went out for food and drinks til bedtime and up with the larks to get out ASAP. When back to the lagomonte hotel things improved clean and friendly hotel. The only downside was the food but we paid a budget price so expected to eat out most nights so can't grumble. Entertainment staff tried but alas failed to entertain. Spoke to several guests who had been several times before and they all said the food and entertainment this time had out them off returning, would I return??? Sorry but no I don't think I would. Oh and as a final note if you are put into the Bellevue resort for a night look out for the rats at the far side of the hotel resort where all the overspill guests are dumped and if moved be sure to get your 20 euro per person compo and free safe key

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Rich-N-Bev
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I will start with the positives, the lake at the front and the mountains at the back are nice. You are in a great location if you want to be a little bit way from the hustle and bustle of the main strips. The pool on the lake was great and a bit quieter, and nice to be away from the family pool to be honest. We had a room on the back of the hotel which was great as it was a great sun trap in the afternoon and we spent an afternoon just chilling and drinking on the back of the hotel. Can't fault the cleanliness of the reception area, and the pool areas. The beds were made everyday and towels were replaced when we wanted, though the floor in our room was filthy. If we took of our shoes at the door of the room and walked to the balcony are feet would be black. There were hairs in the bathroom, which were pretty disgusting. Alcudia is a great resort in many ways.. the beach is probably the best beach I have ever been to. The water so clear. Port Alcudia is great for grabbing a bite to eat (bear this in mind!) and the old town was pretty interesting to see.

HOWEVER!!! the bad points of the hotel are so bad that I would never stay at this hotel again..

The food was terrible! I don't mind the lack of variety most days. But to serve lute warm too cold food everyday was horrible, and it wasn't even like the food was good to redeem itself. I am not a food snob but I do like my food to be hot and a little bit of flavor wouldn't go a miss.Twice I tried chicken, it was pink inside and not just a little bit pink, it was still bleeding on my plate. Decided I didn't want food poisoning. The salads were dry where they had been left for hours. I am not a big fan of junk food in general but I did try it as I thought it would be safe and cooked however again not cooked properly and the junk food wasn't even tasty junk food just cheap processed food (I reckon the chicken nuggets contained 5% chicken and maybe 10% veal) The pasta dishes were just slodge. The food on the island also was cold and just left. We ended up getting so fed up with cold disgusting food that we ended up eating out 4 nights as we just couldn't bear the food. We did give it a good try, 3 dinners and 7 lunches and 7 breakfasts. but everytime the food was just shockingly bad.

The drinks. Well ok I understand they don't want glass around the pool for safety reasons and I don't mind drinking out of a plastic cup, but the portion size was small, I didn't want to get wasted too much on the all inclusive but it would have been nice to drink a pint of beer from one cup instead of having to refill your cup 5 times to just get a pint! In the evening they decided they could trust the first 50 people to the main bar with tall glasses, and then after that they would run out and then back to cups.

The entertainment was so cringe worthy in the evening that it was also another reason to get out of the hotel to go and eat tasty food. We found any excuse to not watch the entertainment.

Room Tip: Get one at the back