This is an all inclusive hotel verging on holiday resort. It's enormous, but well organised.
We stayed in August in a garden suite, which ensured we were in Block C: the most kid oriented area. The water park and pools were fab. Loads of toddler pools to potter about in and exciting water slides for the older ones. Every deeper pool had a shallow area fenced off for the smaller children. The were also life guards observing all the pools so it felt very safe.
We ate dinner in the main buffet restaurant most evenings and had lunch in various places. We arrived on a Saturday, gala dinner night, and our first impression was that we'd be getting prawns, caviar, steak, etc, every night. Sadly not! Apart from Saturday night the food wasn't exceptional and didn't vary very much. The children ended up eating the same thing twice a day!
The help-yourself wine and beer was OK, but the bottled wine from the bar was better. Nice prosecco. The kids cocktails were well received.
The mini disco was a bit cramped in front of the stage area and we lost our 3 year old at least once. We didn't stay for the evening shows, so can't comment on them.
One brilliant touch was free evening child care if you booked a meal in the adults only hot stone restaurant. The restaurant was very quiet and the hot stone gimmick might not be to everone's taste, but it was lovely to have a couple of adults only hours.
Speaking of which, the kids club was fantastic. Very secure dedicated area, plenty of staff and fun things to do. You just drop the kids off for three hours giving you time to go and lounge by the adults only pool and remember life before kids! Genius.
In summary, the food wasn't perfect and the evening entertainment was uninspiring but we didn't care. We managed to relax and have fun and would go back for that reason.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Insotel Club Cala Mandia Hotel Porto Cristo
- Insotel Hotel Cala Mandia
- Cala Mandia
- Insotel Hotel Porto Cristo
- Insotel Cala Mandia Resort & Spa Porto Cristo, Majorca, Spain