“Wish I had read trip advisor reviews and avoided the rip offfffff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of es tanit

es tanit
Ranked #51 of 65 Restaurants in Porto Cristo
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charlton, United Kingdom
“Wish I had read trip advisor reviews and avoided the rip offfffff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Got the bus from can oicafort to the caves of drach walked into the centre of Porto cristo into the arms of es tannis restaurant what a rip of looked at the menu should have walked away when I saw the price and how dirty the table was it was hot so stayed big mistake had cheese burger 7 euros I'm sure I saw the waiter running out of a McDonald's with a 99 pence cheeseburger and plonking it on my plate and serving it to me 5 euros 90 cents for a beer then the old olive trick 1 euro80 for a bowl of olives I asked what the charge was for olives he's said I said what have I got tattooed on my forehead mug he replied in perfect English you must have to have eaten here I reluctantly paid the bill of 40 euros there was others with me got my change made it my mission to give the waiter a good tip of 1 cent then to top it all my mate was ill for 3 days bad stomach we think it was a small dose of food poisoning he only eat a this place all day please do yourselves a favour don't go to this place even if its the only one open your pocket and stomach will pay

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank johnnyholiday

SOUTHAMPTON
“NO! We wish we'd checked first!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

DO NOT GO HERE!
We went to Mallorca for a week, weather not good so hoped for a good food experience. Porto Cristo for the day. Liked the look of Es Tanit. What a dreadful experience. We had three tapas dishes;
1. Spanish Omelette - one quarter of a 6" supermarket reheat 1" deep - rubber. €4.75
2. Four Potato Croquettes - soggy, fishy muck, stuck to the roof of my mouth. €4.75
3. Sauteed Mushrooms & Parma Ham - soggy tinned mushrooms with dry onion and curled up supermarket ham - truly dreadful. €5.60
Oh and two quarter litres of lager at €3.10 each.
The worst €22.34 we have ever spent what with the tub of crappy sauces, grubby tables and smell of fags. Do not eat here!
By the way, I saw their evening price list where the beer price increases to €5!
They should be ashamed.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank GINGHIS
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Wish we had checked trip adviser before going to Porto Cristo as our experience at this café was as bad as the reviews state. The location is great but the food and service is dreadful and a rip off. We ordered a prawn tapas, the prawns ere not shelled properly, tasted awful and they asked if we wanted bread with it, which was a surprise as bread normally comes as part of the tapas in other places. Needless to say the small, hard roll cut in two that followed, cost extra, as did the olives that they just put on the table (which we did not touch, or end up paying for). The toasted sandwich was actually a slice of processed ham and cheese placed between two pieces of toast, so no melted cheese etc. This small affair and two beers came to an extortionate 25Euros.
Worst experience of trip, rest of Porto Cristo lovely

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Michael S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Only bad experience of our Majorca trip”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ho how we wished we had known we would be in Porto Cristo we would have looked on Trip Advisor. We were staying in Cala Bona and took a boat trip down the coast {well worth the price} this allows you if you want to spend time in Porto Cristo. This we did off the boat and a short walk to the next level and Es Tanit for a drink and a snack. We ordered a coffee,small beer and what we thought were sandwiches.These turned out to be slices of plastic bread with slices cheap cheese and ham lightly toasted slapped on a plate uncut and garnishless.
We took a test bite and left them.We even had to go into the place to pay as we could find no one to take our 17-80 EUROS BILL! We later finished up about 300 metres down the road and had a large selection of tapas for two with two drinks each 20-30 euros.We mentioned our previous encounter to the owner here but the only comment we could solicit was yes we all know about it.AVOID THE ES TANIT AT ALL COST

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank addonman
“Very expensive and very bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This restaurant is located on a top place. Beautifull view from this place. Unfortunately we did not check this site otherwise we had saved a lot of money and a very bad experience. We got pollo with fries. The pollo was like leather and the fries was not well baked. This was the worst experience for years. One warning to others. Don't go here!!!

2 Thank Geertims