“Great people, drinks, food and Wi-Fi”
Review of Harrys Bar - CLOSED

Harrys Bar
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am sitting in Harry's Bar writing this review right now. The free Wi-Fi here is fast and reliable. The staff are lovely... when I say staff there's really only a couple of people serving... normally either Harry or his wife Pauline. They're both lovely and even let me charge my phone one night.

The €6 jug of sangria is a bargain and quite potent. I also enjoyed the burgers which for just over €3 (with chips) you can't complain about. Overall this Bar became our favourite hangout on or short stay on the island. Don't expect any frills, just friendly people and satisfying eats & drinks.

1  Thank Reutunes

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Loved Harry's friendly staff and lovely coffee, we didn't order a meal here only toast, so can't really comment on the food, though the breakfasts looked good.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Good food, cheap drinks, great atmosphere and very friendly. They make a lovely cup of milky coffee too.

2  Thank Sylv4
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great bar at any time of day always a buzz about it. Friendly staff and the home made burgers continue the tradition of the old Harry's bar from a number of years ago as being the best around.Ideal for the family,locals and couples. Tapas and a cold beer / glass of wine after a hard days sunbathing - this is the place to go.All in all a really good value for money bar with great staff.

1  Thank alan124
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This bar used to be known as Ollies bar but has now changed hands. This bar is by no means the Ritz but what makes it is the friendliness of Harry and his assistant Paula (don't call her Paulina!). I liked the fact that there are so many locals that use this bar as I believe that is always a good indicator of what you can expect. The locals don't know it but they are part of the entertainment as they noisily slam down their dominoes. The menu on offer is non complicated and is very reasonably priced. I fully recommend the skewers. Some of the bars in Porto Colom are a bit pricey but this is the cheapest we came across. When we visited it was out of season and found that bars do not have sky football. There was a particular match I wanted to see and Harry came up trumps by finding it on a foreign channel (he even reserved our table for the best view). Each night Harry would give a very small tapas out which is definitely different to the usual nuts or crisps but I enjoyed them all the same.
This was definitely my favourite bar we visited and would fully recommend it. Thanks to Harry and Paula for your friendly service.
Please note it does not open on a Thursday as they take a well deserved break.

3  Thank HorseOxon