“Great and relaxing break”
Review of BelleVue Belsana

BelleVue Belsana
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Portocolom
London, United Kingdom
“Great and relaxing break”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I would like to thanks to the lovely staff at Belsana hotel.
I went there with friend of mine in the end of May and we had what we expected - nice and quiet holiday. At this time of the year there was not entertainment, except music in the bar. The hotel was very clean - our room was cleaned every day. The food was great for 3 star hotel and it was always plenty of choice for everyone. The view from our room was fantastic. It is a lot of available books in the luggage room which you can borrow.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with sea view. Get a sunbed and parasol in the morning, when the basin open. Ge...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Polish first
Bristol
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Belsana in October, as the season in Porto Colom was winding down. The hotel was booked as an economic getaway, and we were not disappointed.

The transfer from the airport (using ResortHoppa) did take nearly 2-hours, but most of this was dropping other people off with the Belsana being one of the final drop offs on that company's route. However, the actual drive to the resort was around 30-40 minutes. The bonus was we were the last pick up on the way back so the return journey was much shorter.

We arrived at the hotel late - around midnight - but the desk was staffed and we had a friendly greeting. We had a top floor room with a huge roofed balcony overlooking the town, hills, bay and pool - the view was magnificent! It would have been useful if the hotel had some complementary drinking water on arrival as we found the local tap water undrinkable, even when boiled (we bought our own kettle), so we had to wait until the morning to get a drink as the bar and all the local shops had shut by then.

The room was clean and a good size with a wide range of satellite TV, but the sleep quality was slightly marred by the sound of air conditioning vents from the roof.

Breakfast was good with a wide range of cooked items, cheese, ham, bread cereals and fresh fruit. After breakfast we strolled around Porto Colom, the hotel is well positioned around midway between the harbour in Porto Colom and the spectacular coved beach at Cala Marsal. There are also plenty of tourist shops within a short walk to pick up water and souvenirs. The glass bottomed boat in Porto Colom was useful for trips to nearby beaches and resorts.

The poolside area is the best feature of the hotel, unheated but alright once you get in. The pool bar was serviced all day with friendly staff offering cocktails, beer and soft drinks. And the pool side buffet was a lethal temptation for the waste line. We spent many an hour having a dip and reading there. Really good.

Lunch and dinners on the all inclusive were top notch. A few people were limited by the range of English style dishes, but there was always something to eat if you want to try something new. The paella was the best dish they did, with huge prawns and mussels bulging out of it! Beer and wine was on tap with meals.

The entertainment was limited, bingo most nights! But we had fun nights in the bar area, the range of drinks had something for everyone in my view, and I rarely had to queue up.

For our evening flight back we were able to arrange a 6pm check out for a small surcharge.

All in all an excellent value holiday with always friendly service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas V
Cambs
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Third time here and they have got rid of family rooms which was not a problem as my three daughters are all a bit big for sharing with us so had two rooms in hotel which was better than before.

they have spent some money and upgraded the look but have got rid of the evening entertainment which was a shame but again kids now a bit old for it though other kids where bored at night!

I cannot fault this hotel as I said been three times and food, service and location (View at back is amazing !) are great will be coming back as all of my family always look forward to going back to porto colom its a very sleepy place and great for a relaxing break !

Room Tip: Rooms at back have great view !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank darrentasha1
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

stayed here on the 1st october 2012 for a week . hotel was spotless clean , room had the most fantastic view of the sea and the lighthouse . Room was cleaned and clean towels every day . Staff are very friendly and helpfull . food was good , there was always something to eat in the evenings , breakfast was great ,lunch and snacks were ok also . we ate out on a couple of evenings as we do on all of our holidays . we walked around the harbour most mornings and stopped for coffee in a few of the cafes on the way to take in the views . So chilled out and relaxing , this is a very quiet area in October and not for kids , there is no entertainment at this hotel just some back ground music . we enjoyed a night at the Bees Knees bar , most of the people staying at the hotel came to this bar when the hotel bar closed.we met a couple on honeymoon,Brad and Leeanne and had a good nights crac. the bus stop is not far from the hotel and we had a few trips to cala d'or where there are lots of little shops and cafes .all in all we had the most relaxing holiday ever , the beach was beautiful and the harbour area has stunning views , the weather was fantastic for that time of year and we both thoroughly enjoyed the break and would definately go back . this is a wee gem for anyone looking for a chillout relaxing holiday .

Room Tip: mid floor with sea views for stunning views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SanIan2010
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel in September 2012 for 10 nights. I decided to write a review after I've read how much it's been moaned about by others.

I just want to say that you can't stay at a 3 star budget hotel and expect 4 or 5 star quality. I think it's great value for money.

I would reccomend requesting a sea view as it really is beautiful. It's not a lively resort but there are plenty bars, restaurants and shops within a 5-10 min walk and I would recommend visiting the Chinese restraunt in the square down the road.

As for the food it wasn't anything special but it was okay. The ten nights we were there we did go out to eat on an evening about four or five times but we never went with the intention of staying in every night as we didn't want to spend our whole holiday in the hotel itself. The food around the pool area was always lovely and well stocked. You could get burgers, chips, hotdogs, salad, fruit etc. and as for drinks ask at the bar for kapax cocktail! It's Oscar the Barmans own and it's lovely! :)

The rooms were basic but cleaned everyday. We did have a problem with leaky air conditioning but we informed reception and they came and fixed it within an hour while we sunbathed around the pool.

If you're planning on having a night out around local bars its worth heading out late around 9pm or later as its when bars start to fill up.

I wouldn't hesitate to go again it was a relaxing holiday in a Gorgeous location. I think a holidays what you make it and I could have stayed a lot longer than I did as I enjoyed myself so much!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Helen_gem
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Visited in May 2012 - feel compelled to add a review having read some of the moaning!

The Belsana is a beautiful old Art Deco style hotel which always is a plus for me. However, this is a three star resort and doesn't pretend to be anything more than this.

I found the service to be excellent throughout our stay, particularly front desk.

The food was wholesome and nutritious. A different fresh soup each day, plenty of fruit and vegetables. Sure it's not Michelin starred but as general sustenance you can't really go wrong. If you want pizza and burgers and other unhealthy crap then you can go to the pool bar in the day.

The room was basic, yes, but who goes on holiday to sit in their room all day? As a place to get your head down and get ready it did the job. Pool is nice and cool and plenty of room around it to chill out.

Booze selection is not the greatest but it does the job - if you want to get tipsy you will be able to very easily.

I felt the location was excellent for relaxing. People say "nothing is going on" anywhere but we saw a number of livelier bars on our travels around the town. Portocolom is a very pretty and chilled place but if you take a wander you will be surprised what you find - 10 minutes walk from the hotel there are a number of quite smart bars and restaurants. No nightclubs sure, but you can get a bus to busier places if you feel you must.

I think the moaners on here are being very unrealistic.

This is not a luxury resort and is effectively a standard all inclusive hotel in a quiet spot on the east of Mallorca. Sure It's not a party capital and it's probably not ideal for kids who require endless entertainment supplied to them instead of entertaining themselves. And it's not top drawer food and premium drink.

But it is not advertised as such! All the info I saw pointed to what this is - a basic, all-inclusive three star hotel in a quiet spot!

People need to learn to research a bit before they book.

Room Tip: On the first floor you can walk straight out to the pool from your room!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hushmore
scotland
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was a lovely hotel in a beautiful resort. However it is not for the party animals. Lol.

My husband and I came here to celebrate our 30th birthdays. We came for 14 nights during the glasgow fair. The hotel and staff was lovely. Hotel very clean and appeared well maintained. We had an issue with our air conditioning and it couldn't be fixed but the very helpful reception staff organised for a strong fan for our room to keep it chilled which worked a treat. Anne on reception was the first person we saw on arrival and instantly put us at ease made us feel welcome and gave such a good impression of the hotel. Avril and Charles were also great assets to the hotel. Between the three of them we had some good banter and they helped pick put some great excursions for us to do.

There was a fantastic selection of food at every sitting. It was always fresh and kept topped up. Some of the cakes were scrumdidilyumscious. Of course things like food is a personal thing so I'm sure there would be some people unhappy but my husband and I were delighted. The waiters/waitresses were lovely. In particular sunita, ivon and Ryan.

The pool bar offered good food and was also kept clean and tidy. We weren't so keen on the barman javi. He seemed good fun in the beginning then we just found him sleazy. Always talking about sex and commenting on the size of mine and other girls breasts. The hotel has different colour bands to show under 18's to adults and his chat was like that with the young teenage girls too. - with the colour of their band it was obvious they were underage. If I had a daughter of that age there I would've made an official complaint to the hotel.

That being said I couldn't otherwise fault the hotel. You are a ten minute walk away from the harbour and a good 20-30 minute walk away from the beach in the opposite direction.

we met some lovely people on this holiday who we still keep in touch with. The resort is very quiet which suited us to a t. We did a few excursions. The rancho grande which was a horse riding and BBQ day was so worth the money. We also went aqualand again worth the money although the transfer there was less than an hour but the bus decided to take 3 and a half hours to get us home again which was ridiculous. Rather than putting on different buses to go in different directions. We were pretty fed up by the time we got home plus the bus picked us up about an hour before park closed so we felt this took away from the day. But the park itself was fab. We also did the catamaran half day to top up on tan. Which was also fantastic. The reception staff would always ask you how your day was and were genuinely interested in your day whether it had been good or not.

We bought them a wee plant as a way of thanking them - I hope it's still alive. Lmao

The hotel had a WIFI but you had to pay €20 for 7days. And would only work for one device. I had iPhone and iPad with me so if I wanted both to hook up I'd have to pay twice which I thought was ridiculous. The wifi worked in room but at certain areas of the pool it didn't. So be careful of that.

All in all we had a fantastic holiday and would definitely go back to this hotel again in the future.

Thanks for a wonderful holiday and some great memories. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. The view of the lighthouse and the sea is magical. :-) Keep away from rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lynn D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portocolom
Hotel JS Cape Colom
#21 of 46 in Cala d'Or
Club Cala Romani
Club Cala Romani
#11 of 13 in Calas de Majorca

Been to BelleVue Belsana? Share your experiences!