Good hotel for family with small children. Potals is a quiet area so there were not many young 'clubbers' at the hotel. Staff spoke very good English. Rooms were basic and clean with air conditioning. Food was good, buffet style with lots of choice. Bring your own tea bags though if you want a decent cup of tea. The bar was expensive. Local restaurants were good. You can find some which do a 'menu del dia' which offers a menu with three choices for starter, three mains and a choice of pudding and a bottle of wine included for about 8-10 Euros.
Few minutes walk to 'Marineland' where you can watch dolphins and seals etc... you can buy tickets on line and print out vouchers to save 10%. The hotel has no printing facility. A ticket for family of four was 75 Euros.
Few minutes walk to the local beach, which is quite small and crowded, with mainly topless German women on the day we went. Our kids were happy to play in the pool.
The hotel has a children's club and was very child friendly. The evening entertainment was OK with nightly Bingo games for the adults.
Palma is a 15 minute taxi ride from the hotel. It is a beautiful city. The shopping there is good and you can also visit the cathedral and the museum next to it. Entrance to EU visitors to the museum on wednesdays is free.
We went half board and were very happy with the choice of food and the service. The kitchenette is small and we would have struggled to cook in it.
All in all a good, child-friendly hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This popular resort, located conveniently close to the Port of Punta Portals, Palmanova and Palma, with its magnificent views of the Costa d’en Blanes beach and nearby Palmanova, is a club for active and family holidays. The marine zoo Marineland is only a few meters away.24-hour reception desk, bar-lounge, buffet restaurant, TV lounge,entertainment and activities hall and mini-club. The solarium on the terrace is surrounded by gardens, with complimentary lounge chairs, in addition to a large swimming pool for adults and a pool for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your OLA Tomir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Aparthotel Tomir Hotel Portals Nous
- Ola Aparthotel Tomir Portals Nous
- OLA Tomir Portals Nous, Majorca