“Excellent - Again!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Cheshire
“Excellent - Again!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm a regular in Portals Nous and this restaurant ticks all the boxes. Good food well presented; sensible prices; and great staff.

I notice another couple had the lamb shank and the pork. Warning - do not have starter first!!! My wife and I had difficulty walking back across the road after a meal of that quality/quantity!!

Keep up the good work1!

• Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have been on a family holiday now to portals twice now and each time jose's has been nothing but brilliant, marco is friendly and always smiling. We actually went 2 nights in a row because we were craving the food. Best place to eat around.

1 Thank Buddy752
Berkshire, England
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We ate here on our first night. Lamb Shank was to die for and my partner had the Pork which was sublime. Thank you!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Susan091
St.Albans
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing steak, top service, will definitely return”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's great to find a restaurant that is so good on all levels you know you will return. I was recommended Jose's restaurant by some friends and very pleased I went. I had shared the steak cooked on a volcanic stone with my other half. It came out smelling delicious and sizzling away on the stone and you finished cooking it to your liking on the stone. So not only did it taste amazing it was a bit of fun too. Also it was a very generous portion and as I had a small apetite that night the staff kindly wrapped the rest for me to take home and enjoy delicious steak sandwiches on the beach the next day!
I was really impressed with the red wine that was served, I took a picture of the label which I will try and upload after writing this! I am a lover of red wine so very pleased how nice this one was.
Jose's also has great atmosphere, there must be a lot of returning customers because I saw a few people talking with the staff on a first name basis.
A lovely evening with great food, wine, service and friends!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank 00cass00
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Delicious, well cooked food”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Sat inside on lovely round table for 7 of us. Good selection of food and specials available. My son loved the sweet and sour chicken, we also had beef stroganoff, ribs and fish. Great service and lovely food, would definitely return to Jose's

Visited August 2012