All reviews breakfast and dinner location is great late flight enjoyable stay lovely week dining room is german guests indoor pool the hotel staff lovely hotel terrace germany language
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

I can recommend this hotel cause the staff was very nice and helpful, rooms were very good and clean, food was plenty and there was something for everybody in buffet, the beach as well as the pools and gym were great.
Go there and have a really relaxed and great stay!

Father of family of four plus parents in law

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
JulioM3500, Manager at Universal Hotel Lido Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2018

Julio Macía

Reviewed September 4, 2018

stayed there for a whole week. It was our first time there. The staff was really welcoming and always had a smile on their face. The food was really good as well and there is something for everyone. Good access to the beach and a swimming pool. Great place for families.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Julio M, Manager at Universal Hotel Lido Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Reviewed August 27, 2018

It is unbelieveabale what other visitors have been written about this wonderfull Hotel !? We have been here for the fifth time and every year we have the same excelent experience: polite, enthusiastic and customer friendly staff !
Everyday the mangement welcomes the visitors in the diningroom / restaurant. The food is excelent and daily very varied. The rooms are proper and the cleaning ladies are very friendly.And the location ? Perfect !
So, we are very satisfied and that is why we recommand this hotel.

Room tip: Rooms at the outside are quieter. Rooms inside are likely for people who wants to see people and activity
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Julio M, Manager at Universal Hotel Lido Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Good morning Ria,

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Our 6th visit to Paguera but 1st time staying here. We didn’t get the seaview room we booked through our provider and reception were not interested. We booked a superior standard room upgrade that is supposed to come with a seaview. We had a late flight and on check-in I asked the night porter if our seaview aspect was good. He said we had a very big room but would need to go up a floor or 2 for a proper seaview. We went up to the room and then came straight down as it was obvious there was no seaview. He said we would have to go to reception in the morning as he couldn’t change it for us. In the morning I went down. It transpired we were given the bigger, oddly more expensive superior with partial seaview on the first floor. On this floor there is no seaview, it would be true of the 2nd & 3rd floors. This room was of no value to us as we did not need the space and it meant that the small TV was too far from the beds and the seats near it were basically table chairs. It came with two small balconies beside each other with the same aspect of the flat roof and canopies over the bar area, no use to us. The room would be good value for an extra bed for a child etc/ to sleep 3. I explained we booked a seaview but was told with the room we were given, we could not go up higher as they were gone. I asked if we could pay more for a better room but was told ‘it was not possible’. I asked could we move to a smaller room with a seaview, as we would be very happy to do that. I was also told ‘it was not possible’. I was told that maybe in 3 or 4 days they could move us. Then she said but you cannot have any money back (we were offering to pay more, not looking for money back and also just looking for what we booked). The next few days it was obvious that the hotel was very quiet with a lot of availability. We could see the empty rooms. The hotel staff mentioned how exceptionally quiet the week was in the hotel. We were clearly fobbed off. We made the most of our six days. The hotel location is great. The housekeeping were wonderful and the hotel was kept immaculate. The restaurant and bar staff were very welcoming and accommodating. The drinks at the bar were very reasonable. The wine in the restaurant is a little pricy by Majorca standards but worth it for the whole overall experience. The restaurant staff really were exceptional. We had a late flight home on our last day, I asked if we could pay for a late checkout. I was told we would have to wait until the last day to find out. I asked at 8pm the evening before if it was looking possible and the gentleman said that it was still relatively quiet and it was 95% likely and to check early in the morning to give as much notice as possible that day. Unfortunately, we had the same receptionist and hardly had the request finished when the same short answer came back. I asked for any leeway we could have/ pay for, but again same stock answer, ‘it was not possible’. It seemed a bit odd that so many people came on a Monday. I asked where we could shower later, rather than this option being offered to us, and was told downstairs near the gym. Later on checkout there was no social niceties on how was your holiday experience or anything personable. I can understand some of the reviews on the customer service experiences with some of the reception staff as it can be short and perfunctory. The downstairs shower area had no A/C, the lights in the changing area were broken with only dim light thrown from the shower cubicles, the floor was very wet from previous shower use and we were very sweaty by time we were dressed with the humidity and heat. It was difficult to get ready there. I will be back to Paguera but I don’t think to the Universal Lido. There were clearly other rooms, we could have been accommodated in some form, particularly when we were happy to move to the smaller standard rooms. We left a little deflated with the whole overall experience as could have been an amazing stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Julio M, Owner at Universal Hotel Lido Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We regret the service received by our reception. We know that it is not normal and we are sure that we are going to repeat
We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE ANYTHING OTHER THAN FRENCH OR GERMAN!!

Terrible experience from the food to the bed- food was a disgrace see below my complain which was never addressed or properly finalised as they do not care about feedback. How this place has 4.3 star is another question!

1. We asked for quiet room and they gave us a room next to the reception. I have epilepsy and have mentioned this to staff- I needed a quiet area and this did not happen. I need my sleep and found it very hard to sleep due to our room being so close to the reception. Staff DID NOT CARE ABOUT THIS!
2. We were never briefed on the hotel, eg entertainment, showed us where to eat, towel situation, pool
3. We are on our honeymoon and mentioned this on our brief- nothing was done to accommodate this, we shouldn’t have been given the room we were given.
4. Everything was in German, the hotel is catered for German and French people with families only.
5. Cleaners woke us up two mornings at 830 to clean. Why would they knock on our door? This was disgraceful.
6. Cleaners came into our room at 845 when we were still in bed. How is this ok?
7. People running around near our room at 11pm-12am yelling and screaming in the foyer (every night)
8. They advertise this as a 4 star hotel and this was not a 4 star hotel. No mini bar, no room service, no iron.
9. The food was worse than boarding school food. Honestly I wouldn’t feed the food to my dog. The pizza arrived out and it was harder than a biscuit and cold. We also sent back the pasta as it was not cooked properly and was also cold (clearly they made the food before and just left it there and reheated it

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Edward T
Julio M, Manager at Universal Hotel Lido Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Good morning Eduard,

First of all, we're very sorry that we haven't met your expectations.

In reference to your comments, we haven't received the information about your illness and you were on your honeymoon. For us the most important is the satisfaction of our customers and we're always willing to fulfill the wishes of each and every one. We do what is possible for us. That is possible, we're facing a misunderstanding with the reception but we're sure that if you tell us about your problems at the moment, it would be possible to improve them. You can always change rooms - if it isn't possible the same day, we find some possibility in the following days. The hardness of the bed - we can put toppers that make it more comfortable. If bother you the cleaning girls, we call them attention immediately...etc.
Regarding food, of course there may be some error on the part of the kitchen, where we personally supervise the quality of the food. Each person have a diferent taste and may like it more or less and we understand all about that, but your comment in this case we found inappropriate.

We have taken a god note about your comments and hope to make that better day by day.

If one day you plan to return to Mallorca, and perhaps you will give us another opportunity, we'll do our best to change your opinion about our hotel.

if you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.
Kind regards,