We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights following a mediterranean cruise. Our first impressions were wow what a beautiful place. The grounds are very well kept and the views across the bay spectacular. We arrived early in the morning and were pleased to find our room was ready for us. It was spacious with a large bed and sofa. The fridge was filled with complimentary drinks which was a nice touch. Bathrobes and slippers were provided and a plentiful supply of fairly nice toiletries . The twin basins were good but no storage space in the bathroom. Adequate storage in the bedroom and a balcony overlooking the sea with a table and chairs. We enjoyed wandering around the grounds and relaxing around the pool areas on the comfortable sun loungers. It would have been nice to have been able to get a drink by the pool but not possible. Most of the other guests were German but we had no trouble getting a sun lounger at any time of day. We also found lots of tables and chairs dotted around the grounds in secluded places. Daily newspapers were provided free of charge and there was a small supply of books and magazines to borrow. I found the free WIFI useful. The most disappointing aspect of our stay was the food. The first evening was a Mallorcan buffet. We do not enjoy buffet food and did not find anything we could eat. The second evening was waiter service for the main course which we expected would be better but it was tasteless and cold. On our final evening I think it must have been a different chef as it was much better with an acceptable choice of menu. The breakfasts were first class, lovely freshly baked bread, preserves, fresh fruit and a full range of cooked items for those who wanted it. However on our last morning we had to leave before the breakfast started at 8am. We were informed that breakfast would be available to us at 7am. When we went to the breakfast room all we were offered was some dry biscuits, some sort of cake with the consistency of polystyrene and packets of dry toast. Not at all what you would expect from a hotel of this standard. It is a real shame about the food as this hotel could be first class. It is in an ideal location for a quiet break and within walking distance to the lively resort of Pegurea with lots of shops and bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suites at this spacious hotel each have a private terrace with sea views. The Petit Cala Fornells has 5 different swimming pools and free private parking. The Petit Cala Fornells is surrounded by gardens with terraces. There are 4 outdoor pools, 3 for adults and 1 for children. There is also a heated indoor pool. All suites have air conditioning and a spacious lounge. There is a minibar and TV in every room. There are many dining options. These include 2 Restaurant, one pool, and a barbecue area. There is also a piano bar. There is free Wi-Fi in all public areas. As well as the restaurants, the hotel has a charming lounge with a chimney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Petit Cala Fornells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Cala Fornells Hotel Peguera
- Hotel Petit Cala Fornells Majorca/Peguera, Spain