We stayed in the Galatzo 1st Oct 2013 to the 8th. We genuinely loved every minute.
I had really planned to write a long review, but its genuinely as others have said – great food, great entertainment and fantastic staff.
We never left the hotel complex the whole time and our only cost was the 18 euro for the room safe. Thats literally all we spent. There was always something happening and we enjoyed long afternoons at the pool bar. We saw no reason for excursions or a town visit.
Fantastic that there were no uncontrolled kids running around as has been common on our previous all inclusive experiences.
To those who seemed to have issues i would say the following
(a) As per the brochure - Its on a hill and its quite a bit out of town. If you *need* somewhere close to a resort, then next time read up a little before you book – its widely documented that its on a hillside out of town.
(b) The house band – fantastic. Had a ‘rock’ edge to their music but covered a lot of ground from 1950’s right up to date. They did a lovely acoustic set one afternoon by the pool which was really nice. Also the external acts that the Galatzo brought in were of a high standard too. The “very old” seemed to have issues with them, but i suspect those same people would complain no matter what it was
(c) Its a package holiday “four star”. If you think thats going to get you The Ritz then you’re wrong. Its a lovely holiday hotel but please, keep your expectations real.
(d) The evening entertainment finishes up before 11 every night, with the bar closing at midnight. I don’t think this is unreasonable either for those who enjoy a drink (us!!) or those who didn’t want to stay up late but didn’t want music blaring all night
(e) We never went near the “quiet” pool area as its quite a bit out of the way, and i certainly felt no urge to pay for a drink, when they were free at the other pool. Odd that the hotel is organised like that, but didn’t affect us so certainly not going to mark it down for it.
Genuinely loved every minute, incredibly relaxing and we were able to unwind totally which was our aim!
A big “thank you” to all the staff who really made the holiday for us – particularly the desk team who were always pleasant and efficient (and to Sabrina who sorted out a room problem we had mid week to our total satisfaction!), the entertainment team who were great, and the serving staff who were all a pleasure and genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs – particularly Miguel!
So, we’ve booked to back at the start of June next year! We looked at other similar hotels online when we came back, but i don’t think any would compare to the total package that the Galatzo have got.
Keep up the good work!
Paul & Hilary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Galatzo hotel is situated in the south west of Majorca, the largest of the Balearic Island group. Built on a hilltop between the village of Paguera and the residential area of Costa de la Calma and close to the coast it offers magnificent views over the Mediterranean Sea. Surrounded by its own extensive sub tropical gardens that guarantee a quiet and relaxing atmosphere, the Galatzo hotel is the best place to make its guests forget about daily routine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Maritim Hotel Galatzo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Galatzo Hotel Peguera
- Maritim Hotel Peguera
- Maritim Hotel Galatzo Majorca/Peguera, Spain