Were transferred to this hotel last minute from Camp De Mar. We were pleasantly suprised at the area (lovely clean beach, good bars and restaurants) albeit German dominated.
Hotel was good, staff helpful, pool area clean etc. Rooms relatively small but very clean and quiet. Food and entertainment poor in our opinion as follows:-
Food - repetitive and lacking in choice. All food catered for Germans which is to be expected as 95% of resort German. E.g.deep fat fried cauliflower (!!), lots of fish dishes (with no description so no idea what type of fish), basically not what you would expect of a supposed 4 star hotel.
Entertainment - like most hotels and bars in the resort, not good and totally German orientated.
Paguera wasnt our original choice but we were pleasantly suprised with the resort, if only it was a cosmopolitan area and not German.
Couple of good English bars (not that we want this generally on holiday but we were relieved to hear non German voices !) including Obsessions Music Bar (www.obsessionsmusicbar.com) which was excellent including live music every night of an excellent standard. Very friendly couple (Ray and Chris) who really made us feel welcome - definately worth a visit or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 4* hotel HSM S'Olivera offers all kind of facilities to spend unforgettable holidays with a couple or a family. It has a relaxed, vacation-based atmosphere with a beautiful terrace and garden areas next to the swimming pool. Its proximity to the beach and the centre of Paguera are only a few of the many hotel advantages. The hotel is open from February to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM S'Olivera is situated in Paguera, in the south east part of Majorca, in Calvia municipality. The resort is very popular among the tourists thanks to its microclimate and mild temperatures throughout the year. It boasts of beautiful sandy beaches located in charming caves. The beach Palmira is the closest to the hotel (300 m), but there are two other beaches in close proximity: Tora or Cala Fornells. The heart of the resort is a promenade with many shops, bars and restaurants, just 250 m from the hotel. It is a perfect place to practice sports, such as: tennis (15 clay courts are situated just 5 minute walk from the hotel), golf (Andratx Golf Course is 4 km away, there are also the following golf courses in the proximity: Golf Poniente, Golf de Santa Ponsa or Real Golf Bendinat) or also hiking tourism. Paguera has good connections (via beautiful pedestrian promenade) with others resorts of Calvia: Santa Ponsa, Palmanova, Magalluf, Portals Nous or Bendinat. There is also a lovely rustic promenade which leads to the villages of Capdella and Calvia Villa. Palma de Mallorca is 22 km away and the airport 32 km from the hotel. There is a public bus service to the capital, the bus stop is 250 m away. ROOMS: The hotel offers double and single rooms with modern decoration and bright, cheerful colours. All of the rooms include a bathroom, hairdryer, heating and air conditioning, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), music channel, satellite TV and balcony. APARTMENTS: The hotel HSM S'Olivera also offers 29 apartments, situated in a separate building next to the main edifice. Spacious apartments consist of a bedroom and a living room with a fully-equipped kitchen, bathroom, hairdryer, heating and air conditioning, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), music channel, satellite TV and a balcony. It is a good option for families with children. GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers half board or all inclusive food and beverage packages. The spacious and modern buffet offers a wide selection of hot and cold dishes, as well as a wide variety of homemade desserts. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. Drinks in half board are not included in the price (dinner). All inclusive packages include, besides the 3 main meals, snacks between meals and all sorts of drinks (beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the entire day. The clients are asked to wear suitable clothing for dinner. FACILITIES: Located in a beautiful and spacious garden there is a swimming pool for adults, with a separate area for children surrounded by a terrace with sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is available at the pool. During the winter months, the hotel offers an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna, with no additional cost. Inside of the facilities there is an indoor bar and comfortable, cozy common areas and a game room. CHILDREN: Children will enjoy their stay in HSM S'Olivera! They have the option of playing in the swimming pool, playground or mini golf area (accompanied by entertainers). Baby cots and high chairs are available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. Pool towels and bathrobes for rent (with a deposit). WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. Massage service (extra charge). We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Billiards (extra charge), table tennis and volleyball in the complex. The hotel is specialised and certified in hiking tourism: it offers the general information about routes for hikers, meals adapted to the hikers' needs, etc. Possibility to practice sports in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your HSM S'Olivera reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm s`Olivera Hotel Peguera
- Hsm s Olivera Peguera
- HSM S'Olivera Majorca/Peguera, Spain