“Basic accom. but in great location.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palmanova
Pinos Mar Apartments I & II
Ranked #39 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Dublin
“Basic accom. but in great location.”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Pinos Mar are basic enough, clean and relatively quiet, no entertainment but there was a kid's club and all the bars,restaurants,clubs 2 mins away.
Bar food alright, not much variety, pool was a bit on the small side.
The place is situated on a hill next to a small pine forest-area, there are steps leading up to the place, bit of a nuisance carrying yr suitcases,buggy-wheelchair unfriendly,also no airconditioning but fans could be rented.
Nothing to do for teens at all, just a few pool tables and two computers which were costly.
Shops and beach v.close, very convenient.
Irish girls very friendly and helpful.
Overall- it was ok, great location but rooms themselves got v. stuffy and hot without the air conditioning.
Anne, Dublin.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne11Dublin

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dublin
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Hi, just back from a week in the pinos mar. Had an 8 month old baby & 9 yr old. The place is definetly basic. I went knowing it was basic. Last min hol. So the steps leading up to it is a real pain especially with a buggy (but brochure does state this) No air con was terrible but we rented fans which cost €12 per for the week. Apt was cleaned 3 times. Pool was small but everyone was friendly. We also had to rent kettle, microwave (for little ones food) which should be standard. What really annoyed me was the charge for the cot when we were leaving (€21). Luckly I had brought sheets with me and even at that I hated using it as it was so old and looked dirty but I had little choice. Anyway if you want a really basic place and dont mind go for it. Beds really uncomfortable and sheets so worn. Dont think I would go back. They seem to rub it in with all the extras. I would think pay another €100 for a 3 star place coz you'll end up paying for it in the end. Irish girls working there are very nice..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

Conmel
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I stayed here with my partner for 2 weeks. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. Our apartment was up four flights of stairs with no lift and I asked to be moved to the ground floor. We were moved the same day with no problems. One of the blocks has a lift & the other doesn't. Nathan behind the bar is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Nothing was 2 much trouble for him, he has brilliant people skills, it was a pleasure to go into the bar because of his happy go lucky friendly, welcoming nature. He had great patience and was always smiling, even when under pressure. Nathan helped to make our holiday a great experience at the Pinos Mar apartments. The beds could have been more comfortable, they were a bit lumpy & hard but overall we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marie00353
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I was really scared when I booked a last minute deal to stay here. Usually would stay in 3 or 4 stars and didnt know what to expect. Its a really nice place. One block up from the beach. Clean, nice staff and nice bar. NO complaints for 200 euro for the week (incl flights). Mainly young families staying here.The weather was coolish at night so there ws no need for air con when we stayed but im sure this would be an issue in the height of the Summer.

Stayed May 2009
Ireland
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Just back from a week in the Pinos Mar Apartments in Palma Nova. The accomodation is basic but clean and the staff are friendly. The down sides are that the pool is very small and they charge for every little "extra" such as fan, electric kettle, toaster, tv etc. I would assume that some of these should not be considered extras.

The location, however, is great , as it's just off the main strip, therefore quiet enough at night, however it's only a stones throw from the lovely beach and within very easy walking distance of plenty of restaurants on the beach front. The best were A Taste of India and a mexican called La Cuaracha.

• Liked — Great Location
  • Disliked — Small pool, charges for every little "extra"
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2008

We booked the Pinos Mar Apartments at short-ish notice through Budget travel and we were not disappointed. We visited in early October when the Season was obviously coming to an end, so things were quiet enough, but not dull, just the way we like it!

The hotel is smallish, clean, the staff are friendly, and the location is ideal. The clientele are Irish and British.
Our apartment was on the first floor, overlooking the street, which is very quiet. The apartment itself was spacious for two, and cleaned several times a week, and fresh towels supplied. The pool is small-ish, but safe and clean. Since the beach is just moments away, we didn't use the pool at all.
The hotel staff are all very friendly, and the bar is a welcome place to come home to for the last drink of the night.
The Pinos Mar apartments are situated about 150m from the main beach in Palma Nova, up a slight hill. The main street runs alongside the beach, and the promenade is wide, clean, safe and beautifully laid out. The beach itself is very well kept & is exceptionally clean. I found the waves in October were a little strong, and swimming a little challenging, but general play in the water was great fun!

As with any 'strip' in a tourist resort, the restaurants/eateries and souvenir shops alternate along the road. There are plenty of places to eat and snack during the day and a couple of decent restaurants for evening dining. The best meal we had in Palma Nova, which I was surprised at, was in a fantastic Indian restaurant on the Strip, it put the local restaurants and pizzerias to shame. The service, wine and particularly the food were all top class. I expected good seafood and Mediterranean food in Mallorca, but I was very and happily surprised by the quality of this unexpected restaurant. I wish I could remember it's name, it was near the bank/ATM.

Renting a car on the island is definitely recommended, Mallorca is such a beautiful place it's a shame to visit only resorts. Get a map and perhaps a small guidebook and drive, you won't get lost, the roads are good and well signposted. And if you do get lost, its a small island - no where is too far away!
I would love to visit Mallorca again, but I would go elsewhere the next time, just to avoid repetition. This is not intended as a slight on either the accommodation or the resort, both of which served their purpose admirably.

• Liked — Convenient location, cleaned regularly, friendly & helpful staff
  • Disliked — Decor
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank meemars