“Not impressed”

Globales Santa Lucia
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location and views, right on the beach and with lovely sea views. My husband and I stayed for a week in July after a week onboard the Thomson Dream. I was very disappointed. We were all inclusive and felt as though we were treated as second rate guests. You have to get served at a small part of the bar - drinks are different than for non all inclusive guests. There are 4 cocktails included on the all inc offer, I tried one, dreadful, like weak orange in a straight glass. I saw a lady not all inc with a curvy cocktail glass with pineapple and umbrellas etc, not necessary in a four star hotel. Bar staff were quite miserable. Reception staff were helpful, apart from the jolly man who welcomes you ointo the restaurant, they all need to learn how to smile and show warmth to guests.

The food however was very good, plenty of choice, always hot and something for everyone.
We didn't go by the pool as never any beds however we do prefer the beach and so paid for beds on the beach everyday, you are close enough to just walk back for lunch. The beach is lovely.

Rooms are basic but clean, however as a 4 star all inc - it was very expensive for a room search and no coffee tea etc in the room.

If I were returning to Palma Nova, I'd stay in the sol matias and wouldn't bother with this hotel again. It has a long way to gp to match other four star places in my opinion.
PS guests who can't manage stairs beware, lifts kept breaking down and didn't fill you with confidence when working

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wendy L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,157)

Reviewed August 19, 2013

me my partner daughter mom and her partner just spent two week at the hotel santa lucia well we loved it ther the staff are friendly,its clean food nice too little bit greasy but i put that down to the spainish way of cooking they had joints of meat most night that was nice,the views are great everything on your door step,room need little up dateing but are clean and your rooms clean every day,well all in all we would all defo go back again and what is nice is the way the staff are friendly and they are on top of things,

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just got back from Santa Lucia Hotel our stay 5th-15th Aug 2013. We had a 10 day stay, very disappointed with this hotel. It is a 4 star hotel i believe this to be very overrated. I had booked 3 rooms for my family, the one we were in was for my husband and I and our son who is 11. The room was tiny, very limited walking space around the beds. We spoke to the hotel about this on our arrival, the British reception staff were so rude to us. The only thing 4 star is the views as all rooms have sea views. Breakfast is good although a queue to get a juice and hardly ever glasses available. We have stayed in Palma Nova a few times previously in the Cala Blanca Hotel - this hotel is great although now its changed to adult only, for that reason we had to book elsewhere. We would not stay in this hotel again we saved for a long time and very disappointing.

Room Tip: room 228 is bigger than 221 or 225 if you are having an additional child's bed
2  Thank debbie j
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from the 3rd of August until the 17th August and had a wonderful time. From first arriving the staff were pleasant and this continued throughout our stay, nothing is too much bother. We went all inclusive and were really glad we did. the quality of the food was great, it was varied from good breakfasts right through to dinner in the evening. We went to some of the entertainment nights which we enjoyed. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a wonderful view of the pool and sea, rooms were clean and were of ample size for my husband and myself. Just a few steps fro hotel and we were on the beach, two minutes that's all it took and what great beaches. Read bad reviews on this before we went and can honestly say we cannot fault anything on our stay ,so don't read bad reviews we can't wait till we go back next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views sun in morning on pool side and evenings on palma nova side
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucylurgan
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We have just come back after a weekend stay at the Santa Lucia. This was the third time we have stayed here and even though its ten months since our last visit we were welcomed like old friend.

The rooms are small but there was more than enough room for the three of us (my daughter is 5) they are spotless too

The restaurant was lovely too. I have read comments that the staff were unfriendly I can honestly say we did not experience this at all. The food was great and very varied.

The evening entertainment was good too....it's not west end theatre but if you take it for what it is you are sure to have a good evening.

Our first night we asked about mini disco. The entertainment staff, Mat and Hannah apologized and said there wasn't one. The following evening they came to find us as they put on a children's mini disco especially for our daughter.

The come to about the sun beds is true but that is a problem wherever you stay.

Overall I would say ignore the bad comments. We will certainly be back

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Emmalc99
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were unfortunate to have a very late check in and check out due to flights from London Luton and were worried about what we would do on our check out date at 12pm until our bus which arrived at 1.40am, however we were able to book a slot to use a "free room" to have a shower and get ready. Other people were getting changed in toilets but I think if they had the wit to ask the staff as I did, you would have been told to use one of their free rooms. Also, with regard the all inclusive ending at a certain time is nonsense, I again asked and the staff told me I could eat and drink until I left. Which was good. The staff are very helpful, if you need something ask them. The hotel decor was ok, not one of the better interiors but we didn't really spend much time inside. The location is excellent, this would be the main reason that I will return, everything is on your doorstep and the views from your balcony are very pleasant. Air con was cool, not cold but never not cool enough to be uncomfortable, when we were there it was nearly 40 outside and the room was still comfortable. Food was great, I never had an issue with it. Always good choice, English people well catered for when it came to food. Never once seen anyone having to microwave food! After two weeks there i never got bored with the food. Entertainment in the evenings is a bit poor but for the first week we watched it, the second week we went out and explored. Staff are fine, the slightly grumpier and more demanding holiday makers would obviously get the staffs back up by demanding and expecting everything now. Sunbeds downstairs did get cramped but we always got one on the sundeck each day without any bother. To sum it up, me and my wife really enjoyed it and are planning to go back next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gerard2610
Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was with some trepidation we turned up at about 0200 in the Morning to be greeted by a quite Jolly Night Porter, who told us where Our room was and gave us Our Key card, after we gave over Our Passports
We got to Our Room and put Our key into the wall powerpoint, The room was quite basic, but very clean and had a TV with English Channels
When we got up we discovered Our Nectar Card served as a Key for the Air-Conditioning so we left it in the wall point to keep the Air Conditioning on Full-time
We went downstairs and had Breakfast at 0800, after Paying My Son 15E to go down early and reserve Our Sun Loungers by the pool
Breakfast was really nice and The Dining Room was rather Large and accommodatiing
After Ten alcohol was served and The Holiday began
The Food was excellent, with plenty of Choice, and the Catering Staff went out of their way to give My Son, a Vegetarian alternative, although there was only biscuits and a cake on offer in the afternoons, and There was a "Supper" of Burgers, Hot Dogs and Chips although there were no baps or hotdog rolls just sliced bread.
The only downside of both Dining and The Bar was that as all inclusive guests we were expected to queue up and wait for those on half board to be served first as they were paying, It is a bug bear that All-Inclusive Guests have already paid for their meals and drinks so why are they not afforded the same attention as The Half Board Guests?

My Son made friends with a few lads, and Girls who were roughly the same age as himself and at one stage there were quite a few kids ranging in ages from 10-17 playing in the pool and splashing around as Children do in Swimming pools, this was frowned upon by a few people around the pool who thought that Children in A "Family Hotel" (it's advertised as a Family Hotel in ALL of The Brochures as a Family Hotel) should be sat around a Swimming pool and not be playing in it and enjoying themselves, even though there were two perfectly adequate Sundecks with over 100 Comfortable Sunloungers upstairs,anyway I digress
I was very impressed with the Cleanliness and facilities on offer, The Rooms were Cleaned Every Day with Fresh Towels Daily and Fresh Bedding every other Day.

There was Organised Games for everybody, through the Animacion team of Matt and Hanna, both were Very personable and Matt enthused everybody and even joined in with most things, especially indoor Water Polo, They'll both go far in what ever they want to do
Evenings were also Catered for with a Mini Quiz Painstakingly organised by The Rising Star Matt, and Bingo organised by Hanna, who also organised some of the Younger Guests into a mini Dance Group, after the bingo there was entertainment laid on in a Cabaret format with different artists every night

Venturing out of the Hotel, was exciting and shocking in a nice way turn right at the end of the small drive and you could walk into Palma Nova and Castaways was a Very reasonably priced sports bar where you could get 2 "Pints" of San Miguel for 2.10 Euro's
and there were lots of Bars and Restaurants to cater for any apettite
Turn left at the end of the Drive and walk for about 10 minutes you were in Magaluf and the Main Strip which was a bit daunting but fascinating to be badgered to drink free alcohol is not something that has happened to us before
All in all a Very pleasant and enjoyable Two weeks was had and we are looking at going back next year.