We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the Ola Club Panama- stayed 8th-15th August, booked this hotel after looking at quite a few and reading the reviews.
Have to say the few bad ones I read did worry me slightly and on arrival outside I was wondering what we'd let ourselves in for!
Checking in the lady on reception was very friendly, explained meal times, air con etc, and even let my 4 year old son off wearing his wristband as it was upsetting him!
Our room was basic but clean and comfortable, not huge but we weren't planning on doing much more than sleeping there!
Pool area was lovely, sunbeds were a bit packed in but that's no ones fault! Have to be up early to get a bed, by 8.30am people are waiting for them to be unlocked and to grab their spot for the day! There are also plenty of chairs and tables around to if you can't get a bed.
The self service bar is a brilliant idea, no queues and lots of choice, drinks restocked constantly, when the beer ran out it was back on within 5-10 mins. Ice creams and slush drinks available for the kids, crisps, bread, cheese and meat for a sandwhich if you're peckish.
Food was good, really don't understand the negative reviews about this, some strange meat dishes, but you're abroad...maybe if you're used to burgers, nuggets and sausages all the time it won't be to your taste!
Dining room does get busy but we'd try and eat at the beginning of meal times when it was quieter. The only gripe I have with meal times are the extremely rude French! I'm sorry to say that but I've never seen anything like it!
Heres what made this holiday for us - The entertainment staff, they work tirelessly from morning till night, pool games, archery, rifle shooting, darts, competitions, mini club with the children, thay are all absolutely fantastic! The shows they put on might not be west end material but they make such an effort and get every one involved which is more important.
I spent all week laughing at Leo, he is amazing with the children and they all adore him!
I took my 9 and 4 year olds up to bed on their last night sobbing at the thought of leaving this holiday, that to me says it all.
We would definitely return here again, the fun atmosphere is what made it for us, keep up the good work, we arrived not expecting much and were sorry to leave at the end of the week! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ola Club Panama is an All Inclusive hotel, located in Palmanova, not faraway from a beautiful Beach, where you can rest by the sea and play nautical sports..Palmanova is a tourist resort with lots of leisure facilities, like a water park, the dolphins show at Marineland, tennis clubs, go-carting and much more. At night, a wide choice of restaurants, shops, bars and discos let you to enjoy a lively atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your OLA Hotel Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Panama Hotel Palma Nova
- Ola Hotel Palma Nova
- OLA Hotel Panama Palmanova, Majorca