First of all…SOME PEOPLE NEED TO GET REAL…
This is a 3 star hotel…everyone got that? 3 star…not the Hilton or a Sandals resort a 3 start Hotel in Majorca.
We had a great time. We are two adults with two kids (girl 10 and boy 5). We stayed 21st - 31st July, on an ‘All Inclusive’ deal and for what we paid it was a great value holiday.
We were on the fourth floor in a double bed roomed room. It was great that the kids had their own room set within ours and the views from the room we had were stunning – better than some we have had in 5 star hotels. The only downside we had with the room was that we were directly under the bar; luckily our kids are night owls (and good sleepers). The bar closed at 11.25pm and by the time all the people had left etc you could bet that by midnight or half past midnight there was no noise of scraping chairs or tables.
We often stayed until all the entertainment and bar closed so for us this was not a problem for us. We did not hear anyone setting up the bar in the morning (as it didn’t open until the evening so I’m unsure what a previous review was referring too? In fact it I felt it was better as you could guarantee that after a certain time you would not be disturbed by people above you.
Mornings – yup unfortunately you did have to grab a sun bed but they were all stacked and locked up each evening so this meant you all congregating at 8.30am every morning for the ‘unlock’. We only needed 2 and a plastic chair each day and were quite lucky as we had no problems. We did notice though as we were leaving things were getting busier so some people may have had problems? There were plenty of tables and chairs around the pool in the pool bar area.
That brings me on to the bars themselves – you had one by the pool during the day and one in the evening on the fifth floor – again with stunning views and a wide choice of drinks. The drinks were not as strong as they are in the UK but were cold and wet and refreshing especially the shandy. I’m not sure what hotel some other reviewers stayed in but we didn’t have to wait more than 5 minutes at any time for a drink (obviously timing is everything when going to the bar). The all inclusive card system does only allow ADULTS to get drinks/ice cream/lollies etc for that number of people on the card, CHILDREN can only get one item at a time but when my daughter went with her younger brother they both could get something together. I do think that wristband could possibly be a better option for adults though.
A nice change from other all inclusive we have been to was that ice creams and lollies for the kids were available all day from the pool bar and not at certain times.
Restaurant wise, there was one main restaurant where you do have to find your own table – saying that apart from one breakfast time (where we had to sit miles away from the buffet) we had no problems.
I don’t like breakfast at the best of times– but the ones here were not bad. Obviously things had their European slant to them the bacon was fatty – sloppy scrambled egg (not as I like it) but there was the upside such as freshly cooked pancakes, fresh bread, croissants, cereals, cheeses, sausages, beans, fried eggs etc.
Lunch and dinner was also of a reasonable standard and despite what is said you had a reasonable choice. A wonderful salad bar (Sardines, cold meats etc) and on some nights there were themed evenings such as Italian and Mexican while we were there.
Obviously they are a business and have to get a little creative with the menu so for example if boiled potatoes were on one night (as an alternative) you could bet there would be potato salad as a choice on the salad bar the next day.
You helped yourself to drinks at breakfast (via machines) but there was a drinks waiter service for lunch and dinner. We were surprised to find on the ‘AI’ package that if you requested wine/cava you got a full bottle brought to your table – I lost count of how many bottles of Cava we got through!
Yes Jamie Oliver and Delia Smith do not work in the kitchen of this hotel but during our stay we found the food of a reasonable standard and variety. Staff were nice and plates cleared away efficiently. Surprisingly when food had not run out often it was changed to keep it fresh. Better than some 5* hotels I have stayed in! Mind you sometimes there is no pleasing some members of the ‘beige brigade’ no matter what choice is offered!
Entertainment on the whole was good. The staff were exceptionally hard working especially the girls in the kids club and Asya the Bulgarian adult entertainer. Night time included kid’s mini disco with panda! Bingo - no money prizes but a bottle of Sangria and as most European resorts they did tend to make a big deal of it all.
There were some great acts brought in especially to entertain the kids (and the big kids) one was a comedy/puppet show that was great. There was also a Beatles tribute act and an acrobatic duo and lots more.
During the day there were a few games in and around the pool as well as a bit of archery and shooting! Again a kids club was run during the day by the same people who do the night one (I don’t know where they get their energy from) and was a combination of crafts, skill and pool games. My 5 year old loved it.
The hotel is near enough to everything without being in the thick of it and proved to be in an excellent location. Some of the attractions – House of Kathmandu, Explorer and Fantasia golf only a short walk away.
All in all we were very impressed with this hotel and its staff considering it was only a three star. It had a very friendly family atmosphere with many of the guests having brought children. We would have no hesitation in recommending it to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites is an all-inclusive hotel in Mallorca offering bed and breakfast, half-board and full-board accommodation, perfect for families and couples looking for the perfect holiday in Palma Nova in a good value hotel and with the best rates available. Situated by the sea, most family rooms at the Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites offer fantastic views over the bay of Palma Nova as well as offering a quiet family atmosphere, and a wide range of activities both for children and adults: the perfect match to spend unforgettable holidays with your family. New for 2015 - the addition of the Hawaii Suites Building situated across the street from the hotel (main building). The Suites Building will be totally renovated and will consist of Junior Suites and 1 Bedroom Apartments (both without seaviews). In the Hotel which is classed as the main building you will find panoramic terrace overlooking Palmanova bay, miniclub, swimming pool and terraces with private access to the sea, garden, gymnasium, ample buffet, Chill-out terrace ... In the Suites Building you will find a swimming pool, conference room, and a relaxing pool bar. There is also a panoramic Chill Out terrace which is exclusively for adults only (from 19:00 to 24:00. Weather permitting). Choose between All-inclusive, Bed and Breakfast, Half-board (includes breakfast and dinner. Beverage not included), Full-Board (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverage not included) or Bed Only in our hotel in Palma Nova and enjoy a real holiday! Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 12:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites Palmanova, Majorca