My friend and I have just returned from 10 days All Inclusive at the Hawaii (we are both 20 years old). We chose this hotel because we visited the Hawaii in Ibiza last year and loved it. We preferred this one for several reasons; partly because Magaluf was more up our street and also because the hotel was more modern and funky.
We joined the Intertur Amigo club which was really worth doing as we were allocated a lovely sea view room on the top floor, at no extra cost. The room was very modern and spacious with lots of storage space, which we were very pleased about considering the amount of outfits we took! We have one complaint about the maid service - we weren't given enough soap or loo roll! We had to ring reception a couple of times to ask for some soap and loo roll as the maid had not given us any despite not having any left. Flannels were also not provided so take your own soap and flannels! However, it was fab that the maid always cleaned our room no matter what time we got up, which wasn't until midday some days!
Most days, we didn't have a problem getting a sun bed despite not getting to the pool area until 10:30/11am. However, on a couple of occasions we had to fight for a sun bed which was annoying as many were occupied with towels despite not being used for hours! The sun beds were very uncomfortable as they do not have adjustable backs - a 4* hotel should really have more modern, upmarket and luxurious sunbeds. There were very few umbrellas (which were fixed to the ground). I bought a beach umbrella from a local supermarket on the first day and had lots of fun (haha) trying to get it to stay up several times per day, by placing it in a 6L water bottle! This was really inconvenient and I often couldn't sit up on my sun bed as my head would then touch my umbrella! The sun beds and lack of shade is a shame and lets the hotel down. Having access to the sea via steps was fab as it meant that we didn't get covered in sand.
The food was great - we couldn't stop eating the whole time we were there. We particularly enjoyed the themed nights (Oriental and Spanish) and I was delighted that veal steak was on offer most days, I even had it for my breakfast one day as we didn't make it up in time for breakfast! It's great that the buffet is open for snacks (rolls/bread with cold meats, jam, chocolate spread as well as chips and other warm food) in between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner.
The bar staff were particularly nice and the service was really good. Manuel Lopez (who one night told us he was Jennifer Lopez's brother then shook his bottom) was good fun and so was the really tall barman (can't remember his name). Manuel kindly put a sparkler in a drink for us when we asked on our last night. It would be great if they could give you a whole bottle of wine to take to your table on the terrace in the evening, to save you from having to keep going to the bar. The terrace was beautifully designed with magnificent views of Palmanova bay. The white rattan furniture was very tasteful and after going for a walk in Palmanova, we decided that the Hawaii was one of the nicest and most attractive looking hotels.
The animation team were also particularly lovely - shout out to Charley. We love you Charley, we do! He made a great effort with us. Enrique and his colleagues were also really nice and we loved going snorkelling with them. It's great that this is offered as part of the day time entertainment programme, as is kayaking. The evening entertainment was also good, we particularly enjoyed the Beatles tribute and had a good singalong to this. The animation team do bingo every night before the show and club dances afterwards.
The location of the hotel is perfect. It is a 5/10 minute walk from the beginning of the Magaluf strip. We went out in Magaluf 5 nights out of 10 and hotel security didn't mind us coming back at 4am as long as we were quiet.
Most customers at the hotel were really friendly and we made friends with a lovely family who were there celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary. It was nice that there were other youngsters staying there who wanted the fun of Magaluf but luxury and comfort also. The hotel is suitable for all ages; when the bar shut at 11:30pm, the older guests would go to bed and we would stay on the terrace for half an hour or so longer before hitting the strip.
Our only real complaints are the sun bed issues and that Wifi should be included at no extra cost.
I would highly recommend the Hawaii to people of all ages who are looking for a relaxing but fun and lively holiday. It is very sociable and you are bound to make lots of friends if you go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites is an all-inclusive hotel in Mallorca offering bed and breakfast, half-board and full-board accommodation, perfect for families and couples looking for the perfect holiday in Palma Nova in a good value hotel and with the best rates available. Situated by the sea, most family rooms at the Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites offer fantastic views over the bay of Palma Nova as well as offering a quiet family atmosphere, and a wide range of activities both for children and adults: the perfect match to spend unforgettable holidays with your family. New for 2015 - the addition of the Hawaii Suites Building situated across the street from the hotel (main building). The Suites Building will be totally renovated and will consist of Junior Suites and 1 Bedroom Apartments (both without seaviews). In the Hotel which is classed as the main building you will find panoramic terrace overlooking Palmanova bay, miniclub, swimming pool and terraces with private access to the sea, garden, gymnasium, ample buffet, Chill-out terrace ... In the Suites Building you will find a swimming pool, conference room, and a relaxing pool bar. There is also a panoramic Chill Out terrace which is exclusively for adults only (from 19:00 to 24:00. Weather permitting). Choose between All-inclusive, Bed and Breakfast, Half-board (includes breakfast and dinner. Beverage not included), Full-Board (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverage not included) or Bed Only in our hotel in Palma Nova and enjoy a real holiday! Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 12:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites Palmanova, Majorca