Stayed at the Hawaii for 2 weeks half board in July as a family of four. We all had a fantastic time and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a stay. We arrived in quite late and the catering staff had kindly left us out some salad, meats and bread which went down well.The hotel upgraded from 3 to 4 star this year. Anyway here is what we thought of the various parts of our stay.
FACILITIES 7.5/10: The hotel has a beautiful entrance and reception area and has a fantastic outside seating area 5 floors up overlooking the bay, which is very modern and comfortable and leads directly into the bar and evening entertainment area. It also has an outdoor seating area adjacent the pool bar on the ground floor. The hotel offers most of the facilities you would expect of a four star and is fully air-conditioned throughout. There are 2 pools both a bit on the small side, but a no-inflatable rule means they cope well enough. There are usually just enough sunbeds but there was the usual scramble for beds around 8 every morning.
ROOMS 7.5/10: The rooms were compact with the usual 2 beds pushed together with suites converting to beds for the kids. There was a large TV and a fridge and ample storage. The bathroom is of reasonable standard although the shower head needed a little TLC. The rooms, like the rest of the hotel, were kept spotlessly clean with plenty of towel & bed linen changes. The hotel is built on a peninsula meaning most rooms benefit from a seaview and this made for great views from the balcony.
ENTERTAINMENT 8/10: The entertainment staff worked very hard to keep everyone happy with Bori and Toni deserving special mention. The kids club was well run and the kids loved it. There were also numerous poolside/ seaside activities which were great fun including archery, frisbee, pool and water polo contests and kayaking but there was never any pressure to join in. All activities were free accept for football which was 5 euros as a private 3G pitch is hired and takes place once a week. There are also nightly shows with various singers, dancers, parrot and snake shows. The magic show is worth staying to watch. There are also numerous entertainment venues just a short walk along palma nova promenade and magalluf strip is only 5mins walk away for the more adventurous.
FOOD 7/10: We always had enough to eat, probably too much, there was plenty of variety at all meal times although the lay-out is a bit 'fawlty towers' with some strange food items appearing, like sprouts in the kids section at breakfast time and weetabix at the end of the salad bar, fruit juice was a bit hit and miss in the mornings, good bacon and HP sauce though. Most guests are all-inc meaning they miss out on some super restaurants nearby including Godfathers 'GF beachouse' and the 'BBQ' restaurant on the promenade both well worth a visit. Head towards Magalluf to find Burger King and KFC, McDonalds is at the other end of palma nova promenade. Half board guests can get a drinks package at dinner time at 2.75 a head to drink what you want including soft drinks, beer and wine. A few small gripes, the price of coke is over 2 euros for a small plastic cup 3/4 filled with ice and it seemed to be a major hassle if you wanted to swop your dinner for lunch, we have never had this in any other 4 stars when half board.
STAFF 9/10: The staff were all very courteous and hard-working and always had a joke and a smile including the bar staff, entertainment staff, cleaners and reception staff except for the blond girl on the front desk for whom everything seemed a big hassle, if only she could lighten up a bit.
LOCATION 10/10: This is the jewel in the crown of the hotel, absolutely perfect location, the sunrise and sunsets over the bay are magic, photos don't do it any justice. Palma Nova promenade actually begins beside the hotel and runs for around a mile with three fantastic seperate beaches. A short walk in the opposite direction takes you into Magalluf. Some people have mentioned that you have to walk up the hill but this can be avoided by entering the hotel via the promenade entrance. If shopping for touristy nic-nacs is your thing then you won't be dissapointed the shops run for miles in either direction.
MUST-SEES: If your willing to go that bit further and get a car out or take a trip there are a few places well worth a look. The mountainside village of Valldemossa is beautiful, make sure you've got the camera and although many of the trips head to Soller i would recommend Port Soller where the little tourist train from Soller ends up anyway. At the far north of the island 'Cap de Formentor' is stunning and the road is jaw-dropping due to tunnels through the mountain and cliff-hugging sheer drops and finishes at the lighthouse with great views, not for the faint-hearted. St Vincenc hides a cove with a great little beach and lovely views. A visit to Majorca wouldn't be complete without travelling to the capital Palma to see the beautiful and bustling cathedral area and gardens and Bellver castle sitting on a headland overlooking the city and offering super views of Palma and surrounding areas.
There you have it, any criticism should be taken as constructive and in no way should take away from the Hawaii. This charming hotel offers a great base to just soak up the sun, shop, go clubbing or to visit Majorca's many hidden gems.
You'll have a great time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites is an all-inclusive hotel in Mallorca offering bed and breakfast, half-board and full-board accommodation, perfect for families and couples looking for the perfect holiday in Palma Nova in a good value hotel and with the best rates available. Situated by the sea, most family rooms at the Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites offer fantastic views over the bay of Palma Nova as well as offering a quiet family atmosphere, and a wide range of activities both for children and adults: the perfect match to spend unforgettable holidays with your family. New for 2015 - the addition of the Hawaii Suites Building situated across the street from the hotel (main building). The Suites Building will be totally renovated and will consist of Junior Suites and 1 Bedroom Apartments (both without seaviews). In the Hotel which is classed as the main building you will find panoramic terrace overlooking Palmanova bay, miniclub, swimming pool and terraces with private access to the sea, garden, gymnasium, ample buffet, Chill-out terrace ... In the Suites Building you will find a swimming pool, conference room, and a relaxing pool bar. There is also a panoramic Chill Out terrace which is exclusively for adults only (from 19:00 to 24:00. Weather permitting). Choose between All-inclusive, Bed and Breakfast, Half-board (includes breakfast and dinner. Beverage not included), Full-Board (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverage not included) or Bed Only in our hotel in Palma Nova and enjoy a real holiday! Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 12:00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites Palmanova, Majorca