After staying at the Hotel Hawaii Ibiza as a party of 9 in 2012, we noticed posters up and a big promotion of the new re-furbed and soon to be 4 star Hawaii Mallorca, so on our return from Ibiza we decided to give it a go and booked flights with Jet2 and booked hotel through our Amigo loyalty card which we got by my girlfriend staying in the Waikiki Apartments years ago.
On arrival (9th June) was very impressed with the look of the hotel and sounded like other holiday makers on the coach who was still sat waiting to get to their hotel with all the oooh's and ahh's coming from then as we made our way off the coach. So arrived in reception which looked very clean and extremely well presented to check in and pay for our 12 night stay and had our all inclusive bands fitted was asked if we wanted to purchase Wi-Fi which we were a bit disappointed that it wasn't free as we have at ALL the 4* hotels (Hotel Bellamar San Antonio Bay and Sentido Cala Vinas to name a couple) if they want to be a 4 star they have to act like one as well, we declined but wasn't even offered our 1 hours free Wi-Fi that apparently (we found out on last day) comes with amigo card bookings,
Got to our room (310) and was fabulous, a walk in shower, plenty of shelves and wardrobe space and fantastic sea views (which we paid extra for and is a must) noticed the fridge was locked which again has never happened at a 4 star before which wasn't much of a problem until the next morning at breakfast, I am Lactose Intolerant and can only have Soya or Lactose free milk and wasn't any in the restaurant, so I was buying my own soya milk (which I don't mind as I am used to doing this with my condition) but I do mind having to throw most of it away everyday as there was nowhere in my room to keep it fresh.
All the re-furb around the hotel looks to have been done to a very high standard especially the outside seating area, the staff and I mean all the staff were pleasant and very professional at their jobs especially the bar staff where at some hotels can be the let down of the hotel, food was very nice, only time I struggled to find things I liked was on mexican night, but I didn't starve so just made do that night, the chinese night was my favourite and I was spoilt for choice with duck and ribs and other dishes.
To sum it up would I come back? Too right and booked it already and coming back in August for another 10 nights, but I think Intertur need to look at Wi-Fi charges and fridge charges as a 4 star hotel has ALWAYS come gratis, and what better endorsement to your hotel with people sending pictures home via Facebook and other social media whilst still there and tempting them to book too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur) is an all-inclusive hotel in Mallorca offering bed and breakfast, half-board and full-board accommodation, perfect for families and couples looking for the perfect holiday in Palma Nova in a good value hotel and with the best rates available. Situated by the sea, most family rooms at the Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur) offer fantastic views over the bay of Palma Nova as well as offering a quiet family atmosphere, and a wide range of activities both for children and adults: the perfect match to spend unforgettable holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (Ex Intertur) Palmanova, Majorca