After having such a lovely time at this hotel in 2011, that we decided to revisit it in 2012, but for a 2 week break instead of one.
The hotel is in the process of being refurbished, and we got a lovely room on the 4th floor, overlooking the hotel pools, the sea and the local beaches. The room was quite spacious, and was split into two bedrooms - each with a flat screen TV (note, if you are going to take an iPad or other tablet on holiday with you, you might want to take an HDMI cable so you can attach it to the TV as there are only a couple of English language channels on the TV). The refurbished room also included a fridge, kettle and hairdryer, so we could have left the travel dryer at home.
We stayed all inclusive, and this is very good value for money. The food is not fine dining, but you would not expect it to be - however, the variety is very good - providing plenty of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The themed food evenings proved very popular with my family. Of course, not having to buy food and drinks outside makes the holiday easier to budget. One thing to note is that even with all inclusive, certain items are not included suck as Walkers crisps, Pringles and certain "branded" alcoholic drinks, and these can be quite costly (€1.50 for a bag of crisps).
The children are well catered for. As well as having a couple of outdoor pools, there is a kids club that runs most days in the morning and afternoon along with a disco in the evening. The kids are kept very well amused and of course, this gives the "grown-ups" a little relaxation time of their own. Be aware though, that if you do have children that attend the evening discos, you may well be roped in to dressing up as a Panda and taking part in all of the dances!
The staff at the hotel are extremely pleasant and have an amazing grasp on the English language - sadly, the same cannot be said for the majority of the guests. If you can take the time to learn a little Spanish, you may find the staff a bit more friendly! A simple Hola to the maid every morning, meant that she would give us a smile and a wave whenever she saw us :-)
For those who want to email home etc, there are a few computers in the reception area. The Internet costs €1.00 for just 15 minutes, or you can buy an allowance to use the hotel Wi-Fi at €5.00 per day or €20.00 for the week - BUT - if you are prepared to walk 10-15 minutes around to the beach past the Son Matias hotel, then you'll find that some of the beaches have free Wi-Fi available, or of course there is a nearby McDonalds with Wi-Fi.
If you want to take any of the trips or visit the local attractions, be sure to book these through the hotel reception, as you can get some discounts with them. The hotel, will be glad to provide you with packed lunches on the days that you are doing trips as long as you ask them the night before.
On a "downside"' and this probably goes for all hotels, if you need a Doctor for whatever reason, be advised that the hotel will call the local Private doctor and this will set you back around €80.00 and is NOT covered under the European Health Insurance Cards, so if you need to, ask the hotel to point you in the direction of a State Funded Doctor, and when you see the doctor, make it very clear up from that it is state funded treatment that you want.
Overall, our second trip to this hotel was probably more enjoyable than the first, and in fact we hope to return in 2013 when with any luck, my Spanish may have improved!
Just in case any of the Intertur Hotel Hawaii staff are reading this, I would just like to say "gracias. tuvimos unas vacaciones estupendas"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur) is an all-inclusive hotel in Mallorca offering bed and breakfast, half-board and full-board accommodation, perfect for families and couples looking for the perfect holiday in Palma Nova in a good value hotel and with the best rates available. Situated by the sea, most family rooms at the Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites (ex Intertur) offer fantastic views over the bay of Palma Nova as well as offering a quiet family atmosphere, and a wide range of activities both for children and adults: the perfect match to spend unforgettable holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawaii Mallorca Hotel
- Hotel Hawaii Majorca
- Hotel Hawaii Palma Nova
- Hawaii Mallorca Palma Nova
- Hawaii Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Hawaii Mallorca
- Alua Hawaii Mallorca & Suites Palmanova, Majorca