Shared a one bedroom apartment between 2 adults and 2 kids, who were 12 and 16. Self-catering for 2 weeks. There was a slight problem with the rooms on arrival, but it was sorted within 30 minutes. The hotel has a small but convenient shop in reception, but a 5-10 minute walk to the left of the hotel and there is a big Eroski supermarket which is very cheap. They have computers to use 1 euro for 10 minutes, or you could buy wi-fi for one of your devices for 4 euros a day. There are always activities going on throughout the day including water polo, aqua bingo, aqua gym, rifle shooting and other games. Although we didn’t have any young children, there was also a kids club for them to take part in. We had to get up at 7:30am to get a good spot down at the pool and more importantly an umbrella to shade us in the days. Although there would still be spare beds left at around 10am, which is fine if you do not wish to have an umbrella. There is one side of the pool that is in the shade all day and one side that is in the sun all day, the shaded side is the side closest to the bar. The pool is bigger than it looks. The floor by the pool can be quite slippery as you can imagine, and the floor does tend to get very hot throughout the day so I would suggest to wear a pair of flip flops by the pool. We purchased food by the pool many times and were impressed every time, reasonable prices and good tasting food. The one thing that did stand out was that the sunbeds are not adjustable so that you can sit up. The room(one bedroom apartment) was modern, with plenty of storage in the bedroom, living area and kitchen. However there are no shelves in the bathroom, just space around the sink to put your things. There is already a hairdryer in the bathroom for you to use. There are plenty of plug sockets around the apartment. A big bonus in the apartment is the air conditioning, there is one in the living area and in the bedroom. However this meant that outside on the balcony was way too hot to sit down there as the air con machine would release hot air on the balcony. The 2 flights of steps up to our apartment was not a problem, but could be a struggle for people with buggies. We were in block M on the second floor with a balcony view of the gardens just up from the pool area. There was some noise early hours in the morning from youngsters but as soon as we reported it to reception, we didn’t hear any other noise. The maid service was great, they would come to the apartments regulary to change towels, take out rubbish and change the bed linens. I would say all of the staff we encountered were friendly, as we were leaving the hotel to head out for dinner one night, a staff member on reception even offered their recommendations of restraunts to go to. I can't comment on the night entertainment as we were never there at that time of night ( around about 10pm ). The hotel is in a great location with bars and restauraunts and plenty of shops to the left or right to the hotel. Mcdonalds is a five minute walk to the left of the hotel.The beach is a 5 minute walk. I would highly recommend the Western Waterpark in Magaluf, it is expensive at 26 euro per person and the food in there is expensive but it is worth the money. If you book tickets with the hotel you get free transport there but have to make your own way back, we chose to get a taxi back to the hotel which only cost 5 euros. On the beaches, there are many watersports to enjoy, prices ranging from 10-35 euros.
Bars and Restaurants I'd recommend:-
To the left of the hotel:
Cheeks (lively and great deals on drinks)
Woody's (cheap and large measures of drink)
Scandia (1.25 euro for a pint, cheap and serve up a great full English for just 4.50 euros)
Ben (15 minute walk but great food there and reasonable prices)
Kompas (lovley food here and massive portions for the money)
Banana Joes (lively and deals on drinks)
To the right of the hotel:
Prince William (lovley staff, great music, Wi-Fi, fab cocktails)
Juanito Bananas (reasonably priced, Wi-Fi)
Happy Chinese (on the beach, best pint of the holiday, delicious)
El Mecca Piano Bar (great meals here)
Overall, a fab holiday, would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabau Aquasol is an aparthotel located just a few steps from the beaches, shops, bars and restaurants of Palmanova. All our apartments in our aparthotel in Palmanova, Mallorca, have been recently renovated and are constantly improving throughout the complex to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Our aparthotel is open from February to November. Enjoy the large swimming pool surrounded by a spacious terrace ideal for sunbathing and relaxing. You can enjoy a drink or eat by the pool as our friendly staff will be happy to serve you. The animation team will brighten your stay with day and night activities, for children and also for adults. Games and competitions are organized and do not miss the professional shows that perform every night. To make the most of our aparthotel in Majorca during your holidays we offer you the CITRUS Restaurant, totally refurbished in which breakfast and buffet dinners are served. Come and visit us, we look forward to seeing you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cabau Aquasol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Aquasol Palma Nova
- Aparthotel Aquasol Hotel Palma Nova
- Cabau Aquasol Palmanova, Majorca