“Excellent Hotel - A great little find !!”

Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
England
“Excellent Hotel - A great little find !!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Have just come back from a week at Ca's Saboners, was a bit unsure of what to expect due to the massive mix of reviews on here.
Can honestly say I didn't have one single complaint during my stay, Apartment was plenty big enough with 2 single beds in the bedroom, a single bed in the lounge as well as 2 sofa beds!! There was only 2 adults and 1 child so we had plenty of room !!
For those of you travelling with little ones the apartments have a tv with cbeebies and other childrens channels ( no charge ) this I found to be a very handy when getting ready to go out in the evening !!
Pool area was lovely and was always plenty of sunbeds available although I could see this being a problem in peak season, there is also a slide and swing near to the pool for kiddies. Cant comment on any of the entertainment as we never stayed to watch it there were far too many nice restaurants and bars to visit around Palma Nova & Magaluf !!
Would def go back here and am hoping togo next Oct again !!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Scottish Borders
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Just returned from a family holiday at Ca's Saboners. We booked 5 rooms via alpharooms and got rooms as requested on arrival. Organised private transfer with Janerbus who were fantastic. Location is excellent with the beach and restaurants a short walk away down the steps opposite hotel reception.
Rooms simply furnished but have everything needed for a SC holiday, there is a well stocked supermarket just a short walk from the apartments. Pool area lovely with plenty of sunbeds available. There are plenty of facilities on site and pool bar which served excellent snacks. 5/10 min walk into both Palmanova and Magaluff, short walk to bus stops.
Complex attracted both mature couples, families and groups of young people - though noise was never any problem.
Would not hesitate to go to again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Watford, England
Reviewed October 1, 2009

I went with 3 other lads and we just needed somewhere decent to lay our heads at night and to be close to the action and this place was perfect. There were 2 single beds and 2 sofa beds, little kitchenette and a large balcony area, room was clean and location was about a 5 - 10 minute walk to the main action of Magaluf.

Can't really comment on what the breakfast or food was like at hotel as my normal waking up time was about 2 - 3pm. The pool was nice albeit a little on the cold side, with a mix of groups and families, I would not classify this as a rowdy hotel though, definitely not 18-30's material.

One tip - do not forget to attend the foam party at BCM, brilliant....................

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Oxford
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I was in Majorca for my hen party and stayed here after reading mixed reviews. Although I wanted somewhere close to all the action, my group also wanted some rest and relaxation! This complex was an absolute gem of a find! Great location to Maga and Palma, close to the beach, restaurants and all the majorca action.

Unfortunately one of my party lost a suitcase en route from gatwick, and the hotel staff couldn't have been friendlier in helping her contact the airline throughout our stay. All the staff around the complex were friendly in fact.

The pool area was clean, although, as in all holiday complex's, the daily fight for sunbeds was a challenge. We were a group of 14 and almost always found enough space for us all to sunbathe together! The pool itself was lovely!

The apartments housed 4-5 of us, and despite our initial fears that we'd be cramped, we were surprised to find ample space for us...and our luggage!! We didn't use the kitchenette, but they seemed well stocked! The bathrooms (and bedroom) were clean, we had fresh linen to use, and the aircon was a godsend in the 30+ degree heat! Noise was not a problem either, and I felt all residents were respectful of that.

Considering the money we spent on these apartments (less than £60 each for 3 nights), we really couldn't have asked for, or expected anymore. I would highly recommend to families, couples and groups alike!

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Trixyv
hull in East Yorkshire
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Great hotel for couples and groups wanting a cheap getaway near to both Palma Nova strip and Magalluf. Not family orientated as there is hardly any entertainment and what there is, is nothing to boast about. There isnt even an evening disco! Staff friendly and pool nice size.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We went to these apartments as it stated in the brochure that is was lively with lots going on!! The entertainment was awful in the evening and the day time reps(who were not from Thomas Cook) where useless!! They didnt have a clue! No activities in the day apart from Archery, breakdancing and water polo if you was lucky!!

All in all I found the holiday very dull it was lucky that my 2 teenages boys met lots of friends so they really enjoyed themselves.

The apartments are situated in a lovely area and there is plenty to do outside if you have plenty of money!!

Can honestly say proberbly my worst holiday!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Co Durham
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We have just returned from a 2 week family holiday and had already stayed at this lovely hotel last Ocotber 2008, so we new what to expect. Once again we were not disapointed and we were even remembered by the hotel manager and the bar staff, this made us feel so welcome on our return. I have to say a very big Gracias to the pool lifeguard, because it must be a very long and boring day for them, although they are looking out for any problems, it does give you a very secure feeling when your kids are playing in the pool. The entertainment team did try very hard, but I have to say I was a little disapointed, as my oldest child is a 12 year old boy and he found it very difficult making friends and was too young to join in some of the daily activities. Although we are finding the rooms a little smaller now due to growing kids, there are very clean and free from bugs and beasts(Something I cannot stand the sight of). The bar staff are very friendly and work extremely hard, I take my hat off to them. I will definately return sometime in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family