We don't expect much from a Hotel in this area, but paid slightly extra hoping to avoid the problems we came across. Firstly this is actually a 3 star hotel, not a 4 as stated on other sites.
We arrived early and our room wasn't ready. We asked if we could have our friends room number so we could put our luggage in their room temporarily. Reception gave us our friends room number (we could of been anyone) Reception then saw us open our bag and remove our holiday money to pay for a drink.
We then left the luggage in our friends room for 2 hours or so. On our return we found that the room had been half mopped by the cleaners / no bins emptied or no towels changed... The only visible sign of any cleaning was the half moped floor. We then noticed that over £1000 of cash and electronics had been stolen out of my bag. Someone had used a key to open the door and rob us... They knew exactly where to look in the bag as nothing else was stolen and everything was still in place.
After reporting to reception they really didn't care, they wouldn't even give us a number for the police station and never once said sorry or asked if they could help. She just smiled and says it happens all the time and "lots of people" have keys to the rooms. We initially approached the cleaners to ask them where the goods where and shortly after this we caught them on the phone to reception.
This was definitely an inside job with the Head of reception woman (only woman there with dark hair) so if you are unfortunate to book this place, make sure things are locked away at all times, but then again they will probably let them self into your safe!
We asked for the manager everyday but not once did he want to speak to us.
We thought it would be safer having the bags in a friends room rather than their luggage room, which everyone has access too.
Off the topic... If you do ever need to use the police in Palma GOOD LUCK!!!! Complete waste of time. They will tell you you need an interpreter and will not speak to you until you have one present.
If the hotel staff read this, I do have a tracker on the iphone and I will track you down.
Free Wifi (when it wants to work)
Close to Palma Nova and Magaluf
Not enough sunbeds (old and dirty)
Rooms are run down
Broken glass on floor in kitchen on arrival
Rude unsympathetic staff
full of stag and hen do's - when expecting something a little quieter.
Late check out can cost 80 Euro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Playas Ca's Saboners Aparthotel is spacious, comfortable and equipped with television, full kitchen, fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave, air conditioning and a large terrace. We also have a beautiful, crystal clear pool which is surrounded by millenary olive trees, palms and gardens, where you can relax and soak up the sun. In the apartments in Majorca you'll find an ideal place at an exceptional price to enjoy a family holiday of all the wonderful attractions of Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Playas Ca`s Saboners Hotel Palma Nova
- Apartamentos Playas Cas Saboners Hotel
- Aparthotel Playas Ca's Saboners Palmanova, Majorca