“Fab Hotel, Great Location, Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Lunamar Apartments

Sol Lunamar Apartments
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Palmanova
York, England
“Fab Hotel, Great Location, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews, but this hotel is great. Arrived to a FRIENDLY guy at reception, the hotel is quite modern and extremely clean. Arrived in our room and it was again modern and clean, nice bathroom. The beds are actually sofa/beds but any photos on the net will show you what i mean. It had a really good balcony area. The towels and linen were changed every other day even though one of the days was the day before we left.

I never spent much time in the rest of the inside of the hotel as I was making the most of the weather round the pool. The pool was great - my only complaint would be the sunbeds did not have adjustable tops so were not that comfortable so i ended up putting my lilo on it.

Locationwise it was perfect for us, inbetween magalluf and palma nova. So had really nice restuarants nearby, and a quiter atmosphere, with the clubs and pubs of magaluf only a 5 mins walk away.

We loved this hotel and we would definatley stay again

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Swaffham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

On arrival to the hotel we were met by Fernando on reception who checked us in quickly and efficiently and told us some general info about the hotel (He also told us about the short cut throught the back gate which makes life so much easier than walking the steps!
The rooms was exceptionally clean (I work for a hotel company and the standard was particularly good!) and nicely laid out, with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and sea. (My only critisism is that we could have done with another plug socket in the kitchen area as we had to stand the kettle on the floor)
Pool and public areas all cleaned daily, staff very friendly.
The food we had at the hotel was good although we preferred to eat out in the evenings as it is something we enjoy. El Mecca Restaurant opposite the back entrance was particularly good as was the Poonam Indian Restaurant in Magaluf.
The beach is only minutes from the hotel which was clean and not too crowded and offered plenty of water sports. The bus service is also particulary good, inexpensive and reliable!
This was booked as a last minute, budget holiday and the hotel, it's location and the area more than excedded out expectations.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

I stayed in the Sol Lunamar Apartments with my husband and 18 month old son for a week in May 2009. The apartment was a good size and was very clean. The pool wasn't too busy and it was always easy to get loungers. The kids pool waqs great too. The apartments were also quiet at night which was great with us having a young child with us. The apartments were in a great location for going to the beach and for eating out at night. The back gate is open from 8am to midnight and is the easiest route in and out (especially with a buggy!)

We found a few nice places to eat. F&C's is a BBQ place on the beach which does great steaks for a good price. Rossinis was a small Italian along from the apartments which was very nice too. I would recommend going for breakfast in Wee Magees as it was lovely and their burgers were nice too.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Jersey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Location is perfect, plenty bars ,restaurants.Staff friendly, pool area lovely, we had room overlooking pool on 3rd floor, this side gets sun as it comes up in morning ! room ok , we didnt cook just made tea & coffee so was surprised to find cockroach in bathroom one night, my husband threw it down loo and we thought it was just a one off, but two days later we found one on kitchen sink which hurtled at top speed and lunged onto floor, thank god my husband caught this one and down the loo it went, freaked me out and spoilt holiday a bit , also if you do stay here please take a couple pf cheap pillows with you as theirs are like bricks, the worst ever believe me!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

On arrival was met by a very friendly night receptionist, was dreading being met by the unfriendly man that was mentioned in other reviews, but no such person in this hotel. There was one man that was on reception in the evening and his english wasnt as good as the other staff I wonder whether some previous reviewers may have somehow mixed this up with him being rude? Anyway as I said the staff here are very polite and I wouldnt hesistate booking to stay here again.

We stayed for 10 days at the beginning of May so the start of the season, hence the hotel being so quiet, which for us with a small child was fantastic having the pool to ourselves.

The hotel did have a good menu for bar snacks and often we would have lunch at the hotel, bar area had a big screen tv so was great for my other half as the Grand Prix was on and he couldnt miss it!!

Everywhere looked very clean and new a very modern looking place.
Few days before we were due to come home we noticed our toilet was leaking water, I immediately went to reception and within 5 minutes a maid was there and fixed it straight away, the next morning another member of the service staff knocked to check everything was still ok with it.

Rooms werent as big as I expected but still adequate for 2 adults and a child, had small table to eat, 2 beds and a another put up bed to the side for the third person. The kitchen area had a fridge and basic electric hotplates, in the cupboard a kettle and toaster and enough utensils to manage if you were planning to cook and eat in the room. We chose to eat out mainly but did buy tea for our morning cuppa!!

Reading other reviews I knew about the back way out of the hotel past the pool I thought I may add a few directions to places!....
Walking past the pool there is a back gate which you need your keycard to exit/enter, this takes you straight to the beach you just need to cross the road. I was very pleased at the closeness of the beach and bars etc. Turn right out of the back gate and there are many restaurants infact the best chinese place to eat is just along there we enjoyed it so much we went back twice!! Also the Florida restaurant was a favourite of ours aswell with a good childrens menu.
Bip supermarket is a large supermarket at competetive prices and cheaper than those situated along the beachfront. Exit back of hotel past pool turn right keep walking straight go past Santander bank and its straight ahead on that road on the right hand side.
If you go down the road opposite Santander, so as you walk along from the hotel (its the road on the right) youll find Eastenders bar, they also have another bar just up the road also its a great place for Karaoke and quizzes and has face painting for kids too.
I really loved the hotel and Palmanova and wouldnt hesistate to book again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank angelfairy31
liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

i went to this hotel on me own as me and my girlfriend broke up week b4 the holiday, anyways i thought i would of been ok because you normally get talkin to people at ya hotel but it was full of old people really, as i am 19 yrs old there not my type of age to click with, so in my eyes more for the oldies or famlies.
Anyways info bout the hotel n staff is ok but would expect i could of got somewhere better that the lunamar. Your 1st impression on hotel is good i got of the coach thinkin i done a good choice of picking, anyways reception good, bar area excellent, pool area suberb but the down side is ya room, small n dirty, am not a clean lad meself but that room wasn't clean, but you do have fun catchin the bugs in ya room haha to describe the room would just be basic. The room i got didn't have a good few i had a bulding site which they started work at 9am but in 2009 the building was going to be all build so should be all completed now.
Location of the hotel is great, 10 mins to magaluff and 5 mins to palma nova town or wot eva you want to call it, may i also so say when you walk out the back gates by pool area which are looked n can only be accessed if you swipe you room card, try the little restraunt called MECCA it was gorguz especially the lasgane and t-bone steak yummy also very clean n staff polite

So in my opinion more suitable for older people for this hotel as that is wot it is full of.

o yea forgot to say don't talk to the man who works nights on the reception desk, he HATES englis n is very un poliet

• Stayed September 2008
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Me my partner and his sister and partner went to sol lunamar on 25th Aug 08 for 1 week. The nightlife (Magaluf) was 5 mins walk away and it is quite enough at night to sleep, so definatly the right place to stay.
Some night's when we didnt want to drink heavy, if you go out the back gate (by the pool) you head straight out on to the beach if you walk down the road you come to some fab resturants and a bar that plays only fools and horse and do some really nice cocktails and a pint of vodka and red bull for £1 euro. How good is that. Good steak resturant down by there also called goodfells, highly reccomened.
We went to the water park also which was a really good day, we got a taxi there and back which cost us 6 euro's there and same back, cheep day out. The staff are lovely and do anything for you. The pool was nice, the rooms were standard but your not in them long enought to worry. Would def go back, best holiday yet and that is compared to Dom Rep.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends