Hotel Gabarda & Gil
$194
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $338/night.

$234
Elvoline
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $288/night.

Globales Apartamentos Nova(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
$529
  • Beachfront
Sol Beach House Mallorca(Palmanova)
$561
Travelocity
Cabau Aquasol(Palmanova)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsceiling fanhour barirish ladypalma novaair conlovely little hotelbreakfast includedno liftnext yeartop floorbudget hotelbar staff arebar is openbars and restaurantsminute walk to the beachfriendly hotelbar snacks
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we arrived here on wed 18th sept at 10am and was given a key straight away so we were unpacked and sorted and laying on the beach by 11am. these rooms are basic but couldn't be kept more cleaner and if they rated the hotel by staff this would be 5star there isn't a member of staff who wouldn't go out of their way to help you with anything.If you want to go on any excursions or see any of the shows always ask adele or Tanya on reception as they can always help out and can get you at a cheaper price and if your lucky and go to see the pirates show you might get to meet tanyas son Dylan as he works there but beware hell try and scare you lol .Christine is in charge in the kitchen and shes wonderful be nice to her she works hard. the bar staff are lovely and will always try to help with anything as we said all the staff are 5 star and cant wait to go back next year. oh if you read reviews that hotel gil is infested by rats well that's rubbish yes we did have a rat in our room one night when we got back but we were above one of the shops that were being renovated and they are nothing to do with the hotel we had left our balcony door open so that's the only way that it could get into the room and we watched where it run off too straight onto the roof of the shop below and down onto the street so there are no rats in the actual hotel they have been disturbed from outside, we did tell reception we were offered another room straight away and they went and spoke to the owners of the shop. we didn't change our room and never saw any more. there were people there who were complaining about the rooms well all I can say is if you want Buckingham palace then pay Buckingham palace prices but you most definitely wouldn't get the most friendliest staff in palma nova .

Room Tip: hotel gil all balconies have the sun all afternoon and early evening
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nightrider29
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed in the annexe of the hotel for 2 nights. In a residential area and about 5mins walk from the beach and 25min walk from the nightlife of Magaluf. The rooms were very clean with comfortable beds and clean towels. Expectations should be that of a 2 star hotel with no TV in the rooms, views of surrounding residential properties and basic in general. The staff were all very pleasant and the breakfast fresh and a great start to the day.. You can have extra items for an additional cost and have to pay for tea/coffee. A ceiling fan in the room was the source of air conditioning but no complaints as not too hot when I went.Still good value for the hotel in general which includes breakfast and ideal for a couple of nights. Swimming pool very small. Would be better using the sun beds on the beach even at a cost.

Room Tip: I would imagine rooms in the main hotel would be preferred rather than the annexe next door.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phil4444
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent 3nights here for a lads,well mid forties break. Six of us and we all found the hotel to be clean relaxed and the staff to be very friendly. If your looking for a bargain break this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank michaelf1967
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our first time staying at Gabarda was in 2012. We loved it, yes for some basic, but what more do you need for a holiday in the sun?
We returned this year and were not disappointed. The new bathrooms are not only stunning, but very practical when returning from the beach, hoping in a lovely shower was very refreshing.
Both me and my fiancee are used to the spanish beds (which are not like the UK) and in fact now enjoy having our own separate beds fir the week!! Especially when it is hot, yes no AC can be an off putting thought, but with the fan on and open the door, your room can be refreshingly cool fairly quickly.
We spend most of our days out exploring or swimming on the beaches, and dining in the evening. We are not the hardcore party people, but love the location, away from the main streets of Palmanova, so is fairly quiet. Ok guests can sometimes be a bit rowdy, but we don't mind and also have seen the way the hotel ensures all guests are respected and do deal with any noise issues where they arise which was very reassuring.
We love the relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the hotel, it makes us feel like we are at home and having no tv etc. helps us to make the most of our holiday, getting out and enjoying the beaches and bars.
Breakfast - now we adore that in what we feel is a bargain price you get a fry up!! Some say basic, we say filling yummy and just what the doctor ordered. Knowing you can top it up cheaply too is also great.
Having been back 2 weeks we have already booked our return and could not recommend this hotel enough. Whether you want to head in to Magaluf and party or see more of the family calmer side to Palmanova this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mazzaG13
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have to say that I was surprised to read such a bad review by lozzypops. I live on the island but often stay in hotels when I have friends and family over from England. I always recommend this hotel when people come over because of it's excellent price/quality ratio. The last time I stayed at the hotel was in August when my family were over. We ate breakfast every day at the hotel and none of us experienced any stomach upset. I find it a bit strange that they are getting blamed for somebodies stomach problems when the kitchen isn't even open all day so it is impossible that this was the only place where they ate food. The kitchen is a semi outdoor kitchen so when they say that the cook was smoking just outside the kitchen they failed to mention that she was actually outdoors. I believe that the eggs are cooked the English way in a frying pan not on the hot plate with the meat and as far as I can remember the food is kept in refrigerated trays. I believe that there are other breakfast options available if you don't want cooked food but because the fried breakfast is so good we always have that.
They complained about the mattress being uncomfortable and I agree that some people like hard matresses and some soft ones. When my cousin had a mattress that he didn't like last year he asked at reception and it was changed for her the same day.
I don't know if there is some sort of hidden agenda for such a bad review but they seem to be accusing the hotel of things that either they didn't complain about at the time or things that they have no idea if the hotel food is to blame for.
I really think there may be some sort of ulterior motive to the bad review. The hotel is basic but clean with very friendly helpful staff and I will still carry on recommending this hotel to my family and friends and staying there with them occasionally. .

Room Tip: My advice is that if you have a problem talk to the girls on the reception. They have always been more than willing to help with anything.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family