Hotel Gabarda & Gil
$207
Hostal Jakiton(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
$80
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Cabau Aquasol(Palmanova)
$208
  • Restaurant
$255
$220
$205
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $236/night.

FERGUS Bermudas(Palmanova)
$247
Orbitz.com
$206
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $315/night.

$230
$196
Travelocity
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

Globales Apartamentos Nova(Palmanova)(Great Value!)
$526
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsceiling fanhour barirish ladypalma novaair conlovely little hotelbreakfast includedno liftnext yeartop floorbudget hotelbar staff arebar is openbars and restaurantsminute walk to the beachfriendly hotelbar snacks
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one week in August with my daughter. We found the hotel very clean, well organised and with very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The rooms don't have aircon which was a small disadvantage but not a problem out of high season. Close to all amenities, some noise from other guests and the road but we were right over the hotel entrance. I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 2xangel
Reviewed August 23, 2013

You will receive the warmest welcome of anywhere you have ever been. It's like a cuddle from your Granny. Room is perfectly clean. Maid service EVERY day. For an extra fiver you can have breakfast(full English to fresh fruit.) Just to clarify, that's a fiver for the whole week, not every day. Cannae fault it! (PS if you are one of these people who want 5 star treatment for 2 star prices please leave those of us with an ounce of common sense alone.) And did I mention the 24 hour bar?

Room Tip: The big one on the end. (306)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2013

HOTEL OVERVIEW
Stayed here for five days. The staff are very friendly and are very knowledgable of the area. The hotel is clean and there are staff on the bar 24 hours a day which helps when reception is closed.

The rooms are very basic and you need to pay for any extras you might need such as a fridge etc. As the room has no air conditioning you can rent a fan but I think that it would be better if you could rent a portable air conditioning unit rather than a fan as this would cool the room rather than circulating hot air.

This hotel attracts a lot of young clientele and our last night here was hell! Arguing, shouting, banging on doors and running up and down. However this was the guests not the hotel and only happened on the last night but what more can you expect in Magaluff?

The only thing that let this hotel down for me was the shower in our room. The shower was completely pointless as there was hardly any water that came through and what did come through was changing from hot and cold continually. We did speak to reception about this and the handy man came and explained that it couldn't be changed as we were on the second floor and the water pressure was poor.

There was also free wifi provided in the reception area but this was unreliable. However, you could pay to use the Internet.

FOOD
All the food is aimed at a young market which is not a problem as this is the clientele. We didn't eat anything other than breakfast or chips in the hotel. We had breakfast included with our booking and this was a good hangover cure and nothing more.

LOCATION
The hotel is 5 mins walk from the beach and a number of restaurants. There is a Lidl supermarket around the corner and this allows you to buy essentials. If you fancy walking into Magaluff it takes 25 mins on the sea front or a taxi will cost you 8-10 euros but the walks nice and you can drink along the way. Around 11pm everything closed around the hotel and you need to head towards Magaluff for the bars that stay open later.

CONCLUSION
I would stay here again in the future but only in a room with good water pressure and if there were more of us. If your young and on a drinking holiday this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We arrived around 11pm on 29th July and were greeted by the night staff who were very helpful and friendly. We found out the next day that all the staff were as cheerful and accommodating. The room was very clean and the maids came every day to change the bedding and towels and we always returned to a clean bathroom. The breakfast that was included in the cost was lovely and set us up for the day. Special mention for Christine whose personality made us eat breakfast with a smile on our faces. The only thing that would stop me returning is the lack of air con, very uncomfortable for a 48 year old woman on tamoxifen ;) but I knew this before I went, I just hadn't anticipated the effect at this very hot time of year as I've never done without it before! I would certainly go again but would pay a but more and stay in the Martinez apps instead. We were very curious about the length of the walk into magaluf (as my daughter works there and I wanted to see her every day). It actually took us at least 30 mins each way but was a nice walk and certainly wouldn't put me off returning. A lovely little place and I would have said 3 star had there been air con. Thanks for a lovely week.

Room Tip: Use the pool at the Martinez appts
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Arrived Monday 29th July and was met by Adele who was very efficient and always smiling just like all the other staff. We were a few hours early but within 45 minutes there was one room free and we were at least able to get our luggage up to one room and relax by the pool come dining area.
Lunch served by Christine brilliant lady great fun and good grub what more can you ask.
Rooms sorted everyone settled and as promised moved across to the apartments with air conditioning the following day awesome service. Given the temperature the hotel rooms were a little hot at night but ceiling fans were on and if you wanted a small fee got you a large stand up fan for the week.This was not just Gabarda but nearby hotels guests were also hiring fans after all it was between 35 and 40 degrees every day.
Was a good base for us with 3 teenagers in tow who all were quite happy with the hotel.All rooms are basic but were spotless and comfortable I have been in 3, 4 and 5 star hotels and have found numerous reasons to complain. You do feel like you matter at the Gabarda and that warm friendly feeling just can't be beaten.
Maids did a great job in the rooms ensuring everything was spick and span.
Limited menu in the small kitchen but Christine provides great food realistically a B&B hotel but I could happily have eaten at the hotel every evening had we wished to do so.Given the quality of the food.
Yes some reviews slate the Hotel for having outdated fixtures such as the batch being a little worn and mirrors being a little on the old side but I say to them get a grip and look at the big picture.......Great wee hotel where your welcomed and valued. great service. If your going with a family the Martinez apartments are air conditioned and sleep 4 between 2 rooms.
The Gabarda and Gil is well worth considering so book up relax and enjoy your stay. Bad reviews are by ill advised people or those who just expected 2 much from 1 to 2 star establishment.

Would I stay again yes. Will I go and stay again I sure hope so.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of Gabarda cool quicker at night, Room 204 has a wrap round balcony but was warm at night great space though to chill in the morning and at night.Regardless of room in the Gabarda or Gil well worth considering hiring a fan to supplement the ceiling fan.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family