First off, we are a 22 and 24 females. We arrived at the hotel at 10am, they informed us we couldn't check in so we decided that was fine we would be go get some breakfast from the strip. We asked was there somewhere we could put our suitcases, they directed us to the suitcase room. It wasn't locked so we didn't feel safe leaving our belongings there, we asked could we leave it behind the (very big) reception, they said no they can't do that. Throughout the next 5 days we constantly saw other guests being allowed to leave their suitcases behind there. It seemed the reception staff took an instant dislike to us.
At 2pm we returned to find we had been put in a room in the basement. There was mold all over the aircon, the room wasn't cleaned properly and had rubbish in the drawer, there was no signal on the TV, the shower had no head so it hurt your skin to shower from the pressure, there was kick holes through the door due to the irreliable lock on, and my friend sat on the outside seat which collapsed. We went to reception to request to change out rooms, they were rather rude and said we would have to go there at breakfast in the morning to change our rooms. We spent the night in the basement room then changed it in the morning. We were much happier with our second room.
We had a view of the strip to our left and the beach to our left, the strip was of course very noisy until 7am which was fine for us as we were out until then, but not so good for people who are older. The hotel had no other youngsters in it, it was all people who were 60+.
The swimming pool is tiny, theres about 30 sunbeds which get people putting towels on as soon as the doors are unlocked. Food overall is ok, it does the job and the selection is different every day.
The positives about this hotel are its location, it's about a 3 minute walk to the beach and the same to the strip. The night staff are pretty laid back if you want to take a party back to your room.
Other than that, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel on Majorca has 198 air conditioned rooms and is surrounded by the beaches of Palma Nova and Magalluf, together with the international atmosphere of the Punta Ballena area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your BelleVue Vistanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellevue Vistanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotetur Vistanova Hotel
- Hotel Vista Nova
- Hotetur Vistanova Palma Nova
- Vistanova Hotel
- Hotel Vistanova
- BelleVue Vistanova Palmanova, Majorca