Just back from the Hawaii apartments and on the whole, it wasn't that bad. We did the usual trip advisor checks to see what it was like and were a bit worried about some of the negative reviews that were being posted. I always keep an open mind about Trip advisor reviews, tending to find that a bad experience on holiday usually gets blown out of all proportion, but none the less, I was a bit worried about some comments about security and noise. I needn't have worried about the former as I found the complex a safe place for families to relax in. As for the latter, there was some noise at night of people returning from the bar, but not enough for me to foam at the mouth and threaten to expose the hotel to a bad review!
We booked this holiday through On The Beach (for the second time) and the holiday started with a very decent flight on Easyjet. Absolutely no problems with the experience and actually enjoyed the flight. On landing at Palma, our transfer was waiting for us and about 60 minutes later we were dropped off at the Hawaii Apartments. Check in was handled very well by a pleasant member of staff who clearly explained the layout of the complex. We were very lucky to be given an apartment that looked right on to Palmanova. I did do some checking later to see the other apartments and their views. Although most are looking out over the sea, there are some better than others. The apartment was clean and basic and would suit us fine.the only real complaint about the apartment was the beds were very uncomfortable. We caught the last of the Saturday nights entertainment and enjoyed a drink in the bar.
Next morning was our first experience of the dining room and I was pleasantly surprised. Great selection of different breakfast items from English to continental with freshly baked bread every day. Waiting staff were quick in clearing tables and the tables were well laid out. Good sized dining room but I think it would get very busy in the high season. Lunch, again was a very good assortment of dishes and salads and a fantastic range of sweets and fruit. Beer and wine was on tap at lunch and dinner and the food was very good. Same for dinner as well. No complaints whatsoever about the dining room or the food.
Hawaii apartments are situated about 200 yards from the beach and shops, down a bit of a hill. Getting back up would be just about manageable for someone with walking difficulties. The beach is great, with soft sand and a shallow sea shore. Expect to pay around 11 euro for 2 loungers with a shade. Lots of places to eat close to the beach with the usual fare. Eating out could become quite expensive.
The Hawaii entertainment was pretty naff but it always is in these places. We did struggle to find a seat as they were taken up quite quickly, We did get friendly with another family and managed to sit with them most nights.Good kids facilities with a mini disco and entertainers.
All in all, the Hawaii Torrenova was a decent place for a decent price, costing around 28 euro per night per person all inclusive.Would I stay here again? I think the answer would be yes.
Certainly not as bad as other people were making it out to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Intertur Palmanova Bay offers top quality services at competitive rates. These fully equipped all-inclusive apartments in Mallorca for families and couples offer a relaxing and quiet atmosphere in Torrenova, in the very heart of Palmanova. Its studios and apartments by the sea, in Palmanova, offer you fantastic views and a private terrace to fully enjoy Mallorca's sun. For Summer 2017 the Hotel will have undergone a complete and important refurbishment, changing its category to 4 stars. This refurbishment covers practically all areas of the Hotel, with special emphasis on the following: Refurbishment and redecoration of the reception area, giving a modern and bright decor with fantastic views. Total refurbishment of all corridors, studios and apartments in line with the decor of the rest of the complex. New kitchen with electric hob and microwaves. New bathrooms with hair dryer and vanity mirror. New decoration of bars. Chill-out area with spectacular views. New children´s playground and Panda Miniclub. Free 24 hours Wi-Fi spot New lifts Enjoy Intertur Palmanova Bay relaxing atmosphere and its many services: accommodation only, breakfast, half-board (includes breakfast and dinner. Beverage not included), full board (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Beverage not included) and all-inclusive accommodation in Mallorca. Book now your apartment in Torrenova and experience an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Intertur Palmanova Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intertur Aparthotel Hawaii Torrenova Hotel Palma Nova
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Calvia
- Hawaii Torrenova Aparthotel Hotel Calvia
- Intertur Palmanova Bay Majorca