“Forget the hotel, amazing location!!!!!”

Hotel Tropico Playa
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed at the tropico playa hotel in August 2012, and when we first arrived, I have to say I wasn't exactly pleased by the rooms we were given as we had to carry our luggage through many stairs as our rooms were not where we could go In the lift. Our rooms kinda looked like a dungeon and the family next to us actually refused to stay in the rooms. There were 3 together in the corridor thing we went in, it is hard to explain. They said their room looked like a prison, and I'm pleased to say the 2 rooms we got were completely different, they were average sized, but the balcony was amazing! The best balcony ever, it was absolutely huge... If say 3x bigger than all of the other rooms' balconys, and because my family went with another family, we wanted to be able to talk to eachother through the balconys and it was perfect (if you know eachother) because the wall separating the 2 balconys was pretty much non existent and we could just step over it. However, we did have a massive ant problem, and fair play to the maid for trying desperately to help us.. Damn she worked hard ! The pool is small and we usually went to the pool in the morning, had dinner then headed to the beach.. Which is literally just across the road it's perfect! The beach is great.. And you don't really need the pool anyway.. Because I thought the pool area was a real let down. But the location, is amazing! It's so lively and there are shops EVERYWHERE, and it's 10 min walk to magaluf and a McDonald's 20m away from the hotel. The entertainment is rubbish, don't think we stayed and watched it not once, but don't worry there is plenty to do around the hotel and I mean LOADS. Who needs entertainment? One thing is, when I went, there are no wristbands? Meaning anybody can literally just walk into the hotel and claim free drinks:/ which I saw people do on many occasions.. But that doesn't really affect you! A 10 min taxi drive will get you to western water park, which was great even though I got sun stroke that day and was ill for 2 days.. And it's about a 2 minute walk to get to the taxis! Overall, I'd say the hotel itself isn't all that great, but the staff are absolutely lovely and try so hard for what they have got!! But who needs the hotel when the location is absolutely amazing?! Oh and the food Is pretty average nothing spectacular but it will get you through the 2 weeks! Unfortunately, my family couldn't afford to go back to palmanova this year but I'm literally begging to go back! It was such a great experience and I saw a few other hotels that would have perhaps been better but if we can't get them then this one will be fine, I'd definitely return to palmanova! E

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 1 week stay at the Tropico with my girlfriend. Location wise it cant be faulted right on the beach and in the heart of palmanova and only 5mins walk from Magaluf. Staff were all brilliant and cleaners do a good job, always plenty of food but it becomes repeptitive so much so we ate out at least 3 of the 7 nights theres only so much chicken pork fish and chips you can take! The pool was small but who cares as the beach is right across the road where we spent most of our time. Rooms are very basic but cleaned daily, beds are like slabs with a cover on them was amazing to get home to a decent bed!! This hotel is purely all location based cant complain really for the how cheap it was!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Stephen O
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Me my husband and 2 young boy's have just returned from a wks holiday at the tropico and had a great time, the staff are second to none and really helpfull and freindly, rooms where clean but basic, and the food was good alway's something that you liked, kids pool was small but my boy's who are 4 and 7 neva complained, I must mentioned the kids entertainer amy who works really hard and was fantastic with my 2 boys and the otha kids there, such a lovely girl thank you amy, overall a lovely holiday in a lovely hotel with lovely staff, IF PEOPLE WANT 5 STAR PAY 5 STAR PRICES!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank robertsfamily_11
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Have just returned from yet another stay at the Tropico Playa and once again cannot fault the hotel and the staff are brilliant..Food is basic but there is always something that you can eat, drinks flowing from 10am till midnight. We were on the 4th floor and the view of the sea was amazing. This hotel just gets better with every stay and being able to sit outside on the front balcony (no other hotel has this) on a night with a nice long drink watching the delights of Palma Nova is brilliant.Along the road to Castaway's and you get a very warm welcome and 2 pints of local lager for 2 euro's 10 and the food there is excellent, if you decided that you did want a change from hotel food.I will definitely be going back again next year.To the staff of the hotel I take my hat off to you.........

4  Thank Daytripperhartlepool
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have just come back after staying at the Hotel Tropico for 11 nights, which commenced on the 9 June 2013. I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and the standard of the Hotel just keeps on getting better and better. The Hotel has one of the most fantastic views with being on the sea front. We were on the 5th floor over the swimming pool, but the views were absolutelt spectacular. The reception staff were so very helpful, whenever you walked past they always spoke. Pedro and his staff in the restaurant once again were fantastic. The cleaniness of the rooms were perfect. This hotel is only a 3* but you get 5 star treatment. We cant wait to come back in September. Keep up the good work Saskia and her staff

4  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Me & my boyfriend (both aged 20) visited Palma nova for the 1st time and would certainly go back! especially too this hotel.. The staff were extremely friendly especially Pedro, the rooms and hotel was very clean, the food was basic but good enough for the price you pay & the fact you can get drinks whenever is a bonus!! One downside too the pool area was too many sunbeds cramped into such a small area, but the pool area was kept clean by the bar staff at all times. Our rep Annabel was lovely, She was always there too help and if you wanted any information at any time she'd be there too help you! (Thomson rep) Whilst we was staying at this hotel there was an incident with some 'Drunks' who came back from a night out and decided they was going too break the glass around the pool area (the person who did this wasn't even staying at our hotel) The incident was soon sorted out by the hotel staff, the majority of 'older' guests was giving out dirty looks too all young people staying at the hotel which wasn't fair as it wasn't a guest at the hotel who did this! This should have been made clear too all guests. But overall we were happy with our stay at hotel tropico and would certainly go back!! :)

2  Thank claire p
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Travelled in may to this hotel for 10days. First time to this hotel, and i was pleasantly surprised.The first time in any hotel is a gamble even though you possibly look on trip advisor and it is 50/50, do you chance your hard earned cash? First of all the food. Not a bad selection but the only downside is when the trays empty there is no continuity, you have to ask a waiter to ask the chefs to top up the trays, not much of a wait but inconvenient to say the least. Invariably the the food is hot. The downside of the dining room is the size, too small for amount of guests, having said that i never had a problem getting seated but i did witness queueing aat popular times. the entertainment in the evening is a bit on the amateurish side but then again the hotel bar where they perform is tiny, but you could hear from terrace and see what was going on.If you swere unlucky enough to have rain i don't know where you could sit.Now to the staff, i was highly satisfied with all of them and cleaners very thorough in their tasks.Outside hotel and turn left for 50mtres and up an alley you get a mug of english tea for a euro. Turn right and there are a lot of bars charging 2euros 10 for two pints of lager, or shall i say local version..Well my overall opinion of this hotel is very favourable and anyone who has read any of my critiques will know this is the truth of my visit. By the way just opposite hotel you can catch catamaran to palma city, good value. I have booked for october which must influence anyone who is contemplating visiting this hotel. Have a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach, very spacious and comfortable