The hotel is in a quiet area of Torrenova and as mentioned is on a hill. This didn't bother most people although if you have any walking difficulties you should avoid the hotel just for that reason. On first looks the hotel is clean and well presented and this theme continues in most of the public areas but the rooms are a different matter as the furniture is very old and needs replacing. The room for the 2 of us was a good size with a decent bathroom. The room had a fridge and TV and amazing air con that was very efficient. The view from our room (511) was amazing over the bay but our other parties room 1 floor lower was ruined by tall trees. The room was basic and the bed a little hard but as we were out most of the time it did the job, don't expect 4* standards though, this is basic accomodation.
All staff encountered including the reps were very friendly and helpfull, many of them being english but unfortunatly they couldn't organise anything in the restaurant at all with very slow service if you wanted a drink so just go to the bar in the restaurant, much quicker. Lack of service at meal times was more than made up for by the food. Although very english, the selection was good, the food was hot and we enjoyed every meal including a full english breakfast every day. No complaints with the food. There was also a seperate kids food area.
We did not travel with children but heard many complaints about the kids making a noise at night during the shows etc (most shows were very poor anyway except the U2 band and the magician) and running wild and to be fair they had a point. There is a time for kids and a time for adults but not in this hotel, the parents just let the kids run wild. This didn't bother us as it was nice to see the kids enjoying themselves but bear this in mind when booking as this is a family hotel and unsuitable for older people who don't like kids. Don't go to a family hotel then complain about the noise!! No noise at all after about midnight from either the guests or the streets, very quiet.
You can park your hire car in and around the hotel for free.
Overall this is in a nice area, nice beaches and I would return to the hotel again if a good offer came up but it would be nice to see the rooms refurbished before I return. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your AluaSun Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- AluaSun Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca