We stayed during Oct half term 25/10 - 01/11 2013. On arrival we were given a choice of rooms. 2 on the top floor (709 & 710) or a family room on the 3rd floor with interconnecting rooms, free WIFI, mini bar etc.
We opted for the 2 rooms on the top floor which overlooked the pool and also had sea views. The rooms were nice, clean and had everything you needed including a fridge. We paid 15 Euro's for WIFI for the week, which was reasonable and worked quite well.
The food on offer was good for AI there was a good mixture of things, although the Spanish dishes were few and far between. There was freshly cooked Majorcan bacon and fried eggs every morning except 1 (the last day) which was lovely but disappointing to miss out on it on the last morning. Also fresh dishes cooked every evening. My only complaint was that quite often the tables didn't seem to be cleared as quickly as they could have. Often you had to wait for a table to be cleared and reset before you could eat. I think this could be down to it being the last week and maybe they didn't have as many staff in as during peak times.
The pool area was nice, there wasn't really a problem getting a sunbed, unless you wanted to be in the sun. They could really do with sorting those trees out as parts of the pool area never got the sun. Again that may have been due to the time of year and where the sun was though. The pool was clean and well maintained aothough it was FREEZING!!! Even our daughter only went in once and it wasn't for very long.
The drinks selection was what you would expect for an AI and the queues weren't too bad, sometimes 5 minutes or more but there was only 1 bar serving on a night. Getting a decent seat for the entertainment was a problem, at least if you wanted to see what was going on that is. We eventually joined in what everybody does (which I don't like doing but if you can't beat them.......) and took a table before going for tea and left our things on it. Even that wasn't always easy to do. The entertainment itself, typical AI but generally something for everyone, although it was very loud.
All in all it was a good hotel, gave you everything you needed and I would return if the price was right. The cleaners didn't do such a great job in the rooms but it was ok. The rest of the hotel was very clean.
The hill up to the hotel is quite bad for people with restricted mobility or in wheelchairs. It is quite steep and long but we overcame that by using taxi's which cost us between 3 and 4 Euros a time, money well spent!
The biggest disappointment was that most of the resort had closed down, which was a shame really. We have been to a few places during the October half term and this was definitely the most closed down resort we have been to. I have to say though the "promenade" is a lovely walk. We would go back and give it another go but maybe not at the same time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your AluaSun Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- AluaSun Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca