“Very good family hotel”

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
West Yorkshire
“Very good family hotel”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff were very friendly at this hotel, it is excellent for families. The evening entertainment is very naff. The rooms were clean, the food was good.

The three pools were ideal a good mix for he children, and we loved how they played current music round the pool all day.

We stayed all inclusive for one week.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank YorkshireLass210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I arrived back early hours of this morning from what can only be described as a wonderful holiday!!. The food, staff, entertainment and atmosphere was FANTASTIC!!!.
The people who work there are amazing and will do absolutely anything to make your holiday the best ever. The guy who runs the reception desk (Jose) is just sooo lovely and works very hard to ensure that everyone is happy.

The food was cooked very well and there was always loads of food to choose from especially for people like me (fussy eaters!).
The animation team who was there for this season Marco, Beth, Mike and Darma did a fab job at entertaining all ages and keep my daughter very happy with the evening Mini- Disco.
We also enjoyed other entertainment such as a illusionist, comedian (POO-STAIN BEAR) lol, reptile show and acts that the animation team put on.

we were the last Gatwick flight to leave this hotel for the end of season and can honestly say we were cared for right up until the doors locked behind us. Everyone on that coach promised to come back next year and the reception desk was swamped with THANK YOU cards.
I will quiet happily walk to work for a year too return next October 2014.

Marina Torrenova
Kim Lathrope

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We went as a couple for our 28th anniversary for a 5 night break 24th to 29th October. We had a fantastic time from beginning to end. The hotel staff were all lovely from the cleaners to management. On the Saturday was anniversary we had the A la Carte meal outside which was lovely and to our surprise we were given a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The food choice in the normal all inclusive are was great with lots of choice. The hotel inside and outside was clean at all times. All I can say is a big thank-you to all the staff for making our holiday so special and we will see you next year.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a good hotel although I would say it was 3* rather than 4*. The food was good and varied and should be suited to most people. The kitchen staff worked very hard to keep food on display and the bar staff were sometimes pushed to keep up with demand. Our room was comfortable and clean but the toilet was just on the small side. The animation team were very good with the kids but they tend to play music much too loud. The hotel is situated on a hill which could present problems for the less fit people. All in all I would say that this hotel gave me value for my money and I would certainly go back or recommend it as a suitable holiday venue.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool but away from the outside entertainment stage
1 Thank pengu1ns
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went with my husband and 11 year old daughter, she had a great time and loved everything, including the kids entertainment, especially the staff, we didn't see her for the majority of the time as she was either in the kids club or playing with other children. There is no doubt this hotel is family friendly, she made many friends. We thought the food was to a average quality, this appeared to be the general consensus of other guests as well, the food quality and choice slipped as the week went on, we think this was because the hotel was closing for the season, we checked out on the Saturday of it closing. The rooms were very basic, there were no tea/coffee making facilities in our room you were expected to pay a for a kettle which was 15 euros for the week, , there were only a choice of two ice lollies which were part of the all inclusive package, ice creams etc you had to pay extra for, which our daughter or we were not impressed with, you were also expected to pay for Wi-Fi and the games room. The rooms were clean and the staff were pleasant. Overall an average experience, not sure if we would stay there again though.

We also ventured to Katmandu, which is a theme park, it was expensive for what it was, in our opinion, not worth the money that we paid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank skaur2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

stayed here for a week in October ,just got back .as soon as we arrived our rooms were ready the reception staff were very friendly said if we wasn't happy with our room they'd change it ,in fact they change it twice (nothing wrong with the rooms ) just my mums very fussy ! the staff couldn't do enough for you .I received a phone call from home to say my sons phone had been stolen and I couldn't reach my phone company from my phone because it kept going to the Spanish line so I asked the hotel manager if he could speak to them for me instead he let me use the hotel phone which I was on it about 45 mins to phone the company in England ,when I asked how much I owed for the call he didn't charge me .the whole atmosphere in the hotel really chilled and happy ,the maids cleaned the room everyday there was entertainment on every night even though it was the end of season and the entertainment they had on for kids was brill i'm sorry now i'd didn't take mine they would of love it .the restaurant is on the bottom floor but there are 3 lifts to get there breakfast is on till 10.30 and its really nice you can get fresh well done bacon ! lunch snacks dinner all the food was absolutely gorgeous steaks lamb pork stews I can not fault this hotel or staff i'm definitely going to take my family here next year

Room Tip: best to have a pool view it sunny side to get a sea view you need 4th floor plus
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank simone n
Forfar, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of October this year. We were there for a 5 night stay, all inclusive. The food choice was good and the staff were very helpful. We had a room that overlooked the pool. The room was clean and very adequate.
I would recommend this hotel to friends with children, the hotel was set up for dealing with families with children.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have the best view over Torrenova