We stayed here for 2 wks from 25th Aug with our children (aged 8 & 6) and we all had a fab holiday!
The pool areas were great for the kids with a main pool, a children's pool & a splash pool with little slides. As for the sunbed situation ... if you are the type of people who insist on having the exact same sun loungers everday and are going to get the hump if someone else is in 'your spot', then you will need to get up at ridiculous o clock & form a queue! If however, like us, you're a bit more chilled and aren't too fussed where you sit, then it's not a problem. We went to the pool between 8.30-9am most days & never had a problem getting sun loungers!
The entertainment team work hard day and night and create a fun and lively atmosphere - the kids loved them and our son (who is usually very shy!) joined in with all the kids sports and competitions and had a great time ... special mention at this point for 'Super Marco' - brilliant with the kids! Nightime entertainment was ok, it was what we expected really ... kids disco, bingo & different shows - parrots, magician etc. I will say the comedian was really funny, definitely the best entertainment of our 2 week stay.
The food at the hotel is very good - we've stayed in several other similar hotels throughout the med and we were impressed with the choice and quality of the buffet here. There is also an Italian restaurant with outside seating and waiter service which was really lovely and the food tasty. You need to book a table with the restaurant manager when you arrive - it's meant to be once per stay but we found him very happy to help and we ate there twice ... if you don't ask you don't get! All the staff were extrememly friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
Location of the hotel is good as it is only a short walk to a lovely beach and lots of bars, restaurants, rides for the kids etc. Yes it is up hill on the way back but it's really not that bad - could obviously be a problem if you have mobility issues.
There are only two reasons why we haven't awarded this hotel 5/5 ....
1) The room was VERY small for 4 people. It was clean and comfortable and we had a nice pool view, but with all 4 beds up there was literally no other space, tight squeeze is an understatement!
2) Although the hotel is technically Palma Nova it is very close to Magaluf - the first 12 days of our holiday were during the summer holidays and the hotel was very family orientated, lots of kids etc, but by the last 2 days of our holiday most of the families had gone home and the hotel was over-run with stag & hen parties which meant loud, drunken behaviour round the pool. I have no problem with people having a good time but it just changed the atmosphere of the hotel ... there was even a security guard patrolling the hotel for the first time.
Overall this is a great hotel for a fun family holiday. My advice would be to look into a family room (apparently there are a few 2 bedroom family suites available) and to stick to school holidays only in order to avoid the stags & hens!
One more tip ... if you're looking for an excurison the Pirates show is a must! Absoutely amazing - kids loved it and so did we, it's a great night out - it's not cheap but its worth it! We bought tickets in advance which was a good move cos worked out a little cheaper than booking through reps at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Marina Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- Hotel Marina Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca