Got back from an 11 night stay on 24 Aug for 2 adults and 2 kids 11 and 7. The staff are fantastic and can't do enough for you. The food is also excellent with a wide range available at all times. Each Thursday there is a show cooking evening and the effort and skill on display is fabulous.
The rooms are clean and have a fridge, hairdryer, excellent air con and tv and no kettle but these can be hired. The room is quite small but not a problem as you only sleep and shower there.
There is no SKY at the hotel but sports fans will have no problem in finding a bar. Wifi is 15 euros per week and is ok but can be a bit slow at peak times.
And now the "but"
I have been holidaying in the Balearics on all inclusives at peak times, for the last 12 years and its true that most hotels have sunbed issues but I have not seen anything like this before and is the reason why I would never return here.
The hotel has 3 fabulous pools and this is the main reason why we booked as the kids love the slides and swimming. The hotel is badly let down by the behaviour of guests putting towels down from 4.00 am. The management are also behaving badly by allowing this to happen and staff can be seen watching the fun as the doors open at 8.30 and the mad rush for sunbeds ensues. People are actually running and arguing over umbrellas and beds. Beds are reserved and allowed to be left empty until mid afternoon. I think the reason for this is that the hotel do not provide packed lunches which is another first for me at an all Inc.especially 4 star. Guests are reserving beds and going to the beach then returning after they have had lunch at the hotel as they are too tight to buy lunch on resort. The management should also remove towels from beds that have not been used for say 2 hours. They should also remove towels that have been placed in a queue from 4 am. It's all well and good putting signs up forbidding reserving beds but at some point they should act on it.
On the plus side we went to the beautiful beach, water park and marine land in an effort to avoid the shambles. This may not be an issue off peak and if staying by the pool is not your thing everything else about the hotel is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your AluaSun Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- AluaSun Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca