“A great place for a family!”
Review of Alua Sun Torrenova

Alua Sun Torrenova
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
Bradford, United Kingdom
“A great place for a family!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here first week in June, all inclusive . What a great place, clean , friendly and perfect for kids. We travelled as a family of 5 (kids aged 7, 5 and 2) so had a room and an interconnecting room which was perfect. This was our kids first experience of a holiday abroad and they loved the weather and the pools. Forget what people say about "the hill", its not that bad!! We were up and down it with a push chair no problem. Only one stag do when we were there and they stayed around the main adult pool so if you've got children and are around the other pools you cant really hear them.
Food is good with plenty of choice again especially for children.
If you want a nice romantic break as a couple, do not come here but if you've got children that love splashing in pools all day then its perfect.

Room Tip: We had room 405 ( on the 4th floor overlooking the pool). Great room as you get the afternoon/ even...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
gateshead
Reviewed June 8, 2013

well ive just arrived back from Palma nova and stayed in the best hotel ever, the manager at marina torrinova is brilliant he loves the kids and his people skills are fantastic. my kids loved the pools. and the mini club lizzy dvd miska and ivan were brilliant with them. sadly dvd and lizzy left two days before we returned home so miska and ivan were on their own and the entertainment struggled for the kids due to the mini club being closed. the food was nice but there is only so much chips you can eat in 2weeks. the rooms were just right but i wish i had been on level 7 as very noise on level 4 above the pool. its not a place for stag/hen parties as a lot of families with young children were staying at the hotel and the noise from the stag party upset a lot of children and parents , the cleaners were lovely and cleaned our rooms daily and fresh towels left every day. the restaurant and bar staff work very hard and could not fault them, all staff spoke english, the reception staff were great and very helpful. overall the best holiday ever, lizzy and dvd were really missed by my children but they still adored miska and ivan. oh i forgot to say no cockroaches ever seen at the hotel just birds crapping near the pool but the cleaners soon clean it up, but beware there is a mad dash at 8.30am when the pool doors open for the sun loungers, people q at the doors from 6.30 onwards tut tut tut. other than that its a great place to stay. defo going back next year.

Room Tip: level 6/7 pool side is the best rooms to stay in
2 Thank macka08
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'll start with the bad points...the hill down to the beach and more importantly back up to the hotel and the people who get up at 6am and rush out to bag 10 sun loungers each as soon as the pool doors have been opened!
Firstly the hill is mostly in the shade so the heat isn't a problem and i saw elderly couples managing with walking sticks while i was there! Secondly those people who go out to get sun loungers...it happens at every hotel in the world!

Now to praise this wonderful hotel! The food was gorgeous every night with plenty of choice including a kids buffet (full of processed junk but again every kids menu is) however the main menu is fine for kids, my 4 year old ate "adult" food all week without any complaints. The rooms were spotless as were the communal areas of the hotel, the entertainment programme was varied and well participated in by the guests.
By a country mile the best thing about this hotel is the staff, from the maids to the bar staff and chefs, every single member of staff spoke when you saw them. The waitresses in the dining room couldn't be more helpful, the bar staff while rushed off their feet still managed a smile and to be polite to every guest. The maids clearly didn't speak fantastic english but still managed an "hola" and a smile at 8am every morning and the reception staff were outstanding. A very warm welcome greeted us when we arrived at the hotel and it continued until we left this morning! A very special mention must go to Ana and Jose from reception who went out of their way to help us when my boyfriends passport went missing (nothing to do with the hotel...thomas cook claim they couldn't trace the bag it was in). Jose helped us with the police and showed us on a map where we needed to go in Palma and Ana even tried to find out from the bus company what had happened to the bag! Both staff members were more helpful and more compassionate than ANY of the people we dealt with from thomas cook. THANK YOU!!!

We will be back to this hotel, we all loved it and its fantastic for kids we just won't be coming back on a thomas cook holiday!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask to be on the 5th floor or higher, we were on the 3rd and could still...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Just back from spending 9 nights at this hotel. There is nothing you can fault in this hotel. The hotel is on a hill but it is not that bad I am 6 months pregnant and I didn't find it a big deal. I think when you book all inclusive you know the food is not going to be amazing and eating in the same restaurant can get a bit boring after a week but you always find something to eat.The entertainment team were very good with the kids especially Lizzy and DVD don't know where they got there energy and patience from. The only tiny complaint I would have is the walls are paper thin and you can hear the cleaners hoovering etc at 7 in the morning as i didnt have hangovers it didn't bother me. Yes the sun bed rush is very funny and because I wake early I was in the middle of it you be knocked off your feet if you don't hurry very funny :)

Room Tip: Room 302 had a pool view and sun all day
Aberdare, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel was lovely to look at but it lacked in the chioce of children's entertainment a mini disco that started at 8.30 and finished at 9pm with all the same songs every time was not great.we where all ill with d and v whist staying here, we where 7 of us travelling together on this holiday and 5 of us where ill with d and v. myself and my son where still ill for a week after this holiday, whilst in the hotel i asked a few other guests if they had been ill and all of them had been ill for longer than 24hrs The maids had also been ill which makes me think that it was due to the hotel. Not a great deal of children's choice of food available only chips. My one boy lived on chocolate spread sandwiches.

The staff at the hotel where nice.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Birkenhead
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here from 31/05-07/06 and can honestly say it is the best hotel we've ever stayed in.

I'll start with the so called 'negative' points people have described.

-Yes there are sun mad freaks who want to be up at the crack of dawn to secure a bed.
- Yes sometimes the tables have not all been cleared immediately after somebody has vacated them.
- Yes the entertainment is mainly focussed around children rather than adults.

But I ask you - are these issues really only exclusive to this hotel?? I think not. We spoke to people who were staying in other 4* hotels who were complaining about not having hot water, toilets that didn't flush, ants in their rooms etc so I think things could be a lot worse.

Now the positives:

The staff are the most hard-working people I have ever encountered in any aspect of my life. There must have been about 1000 people at least staying here, so obviously during busy meal times, there is going to be the odd table that doesn't get cleared immediately. We were a couple so a 2 seater table was always easy to find, I can understand how big groups may have had to wait a bit longer.
The bar staff do not stop. Literally. If they're not serving as quickly as they can behind the busy bar, they're out round the pool collecting glasses that the lazier folk haven't bothered to take back to the bar themselves. Antonio (Toni) the bar manager is a legend. Couldn't do enough for us, he made the holiday to be honest.
The reception staff again were so helpful and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. You can order a packed lunch if you are going out for the day (another thing guests of other hotels were amazed with), and its ready for you by 8.30 on the day.
The food was excellent in my opinion. Not only do you have a buffet style pass, but there is a chef who cooks different things infront of you at both breakfast and dinner. Last night he did steak and roast pork which was honestly the best I've ever tasted.
So all in all, I have to give this hotel 10/10. I was a bit worried myself about the reviews beforehand but had to make my point as strong as possible so that nobody helse has to suffer the same worry. You'll love it I promise.

Room Tip: e-mail them beforehand with your request. Pool view rooms might be noisier than sea view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Miller241082
sandhurst
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here as a family with our 5 and 3 year old girls and had a great week. The staff at the hotel were very helpful, and both kids clubs were excellent. My girls absolutely adored all of the staff at both of them.

Food was standard all inclusive fare, but I would add there were different options each night. There are plenty of sunbeds around the 3 pools, and we found beds by whichever pool we wanted each day, without joining the comical line of people waiting to be let out at 8.30 to stick their towels down.

The evening entertainment is split between being kids orientated before 9.30, then an adult orientated show after that. The animations team of Lizzie, DVD, Miska and Ivan seem to work exceptionally hard to keep everyone entertained all through the day and evening.

The room was fairly basic, but to be honest we only spent time in it to sleep. The beach nearest the hotel is beautiful and only a 5 minute walk away (if that). Overall this is a good 3/4 star hotel with staff who work very hard to make your stay enjoyable. We loved every minute of our holiday here and would definitely stay here again.

4 Thank charlotteandpete2005