Just spent a long weekend at this hotel. Firstly the location is good, just a couple of minutes walk down the hill and then it's easy to get to either Palma Nova or Magalluf. The Torrenova area is quite nice, lots of trees and I would imagine its a bit more peaceful even in the summer. Not really a steep hill as other people have said!
Receptionists really friendly and smiling, we were soon on our way up to our room.
The room was quite a nice size, a little bit dated but clean enough, could do with an update though. We had a free fridge which was nice but strangely had to pay a deposit if you wanted the TV remote! We didn't bother!
Restaurant was a nice size, not too busy but the food was awful !!!! I normally enjoy hotel buffets but this was really bad, nothing had any taste or flavor and the meat was really bad quality, they seemed to have the cheapest of everything. Hotel was mainly spanish pensioners who seemed to enjoy the food but we really hated it!
Pool area looked ok but was far too cold to even go out there, and there were no chairs out even when the sun did come out for a few hours.
The resort was dead. Only a few bars open, even in Magalluf, it's not really a winter resort, definitely wouldn't come back at this time of year. Saw a few stag/ hen parties and felt quite sorry for them - nothing whatsoever to do and no people!
Overall, I would imagine the hotel is ok in the summer but I wouldn't go back - only saved by the lovely smiling and pleasant staff everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Marina Torrenova is located in Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calviá. To be precise, the area of Palma Nova where the hotel is located is called Torrenova, as the hotel’s name indicates. Palma Nova has one of the best entertainment offers on the Island of Mallorca, with a varied choice of bars, pubs and restaurants. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers leisure activities for all the family, making it an ideal place for a relaxing break or having fun.The hotel’s facilities include: children’s play areas where children can enjoy fun-filled holidays, and grown-ups can relax and enjoy everything that the Island of Mallorca has to offer. The Hotel Marina Torrenova offers its guests different board basis, including “All Inclusive”.The area of Palma Nova offers a wide and varied selection of leisure facilities, bars & pubs, restaurants and discotheques. Nearby sport facilities include golf, windsurf, yachting, water ski, diving and other water sport activities, including various water parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your AluaSun Torrenova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torrenova Marina Palma Nova
- Torrenova Marina Hotel Palma Nova
- AluaSun Torrenova Palmanova, Majorca