Booked the Hi! Palmanova Hotel as a girls holiday as we wanted to visit magaluf but enjoy peace and quiet during the day. We had a fairly cheap deal just over £500 for 9 nights all inclusive.
The hotel itself is in great need of refurbishment looking tired and dull. It's the only hotel I've ever visited that doesn't use an outdoor pool bar at night and it's seriously lacking in atmosphere due to the poor entertainment and the vast majority of over 60s. As two women (in our twenties) we were scowled at, pushed out of the way of the bar and food area and glared at when ready to go out. We weren't spoken to by any of the older hotel population at all and they were very rude despite the fact that we were not making any noise or being lairy. Luckily we made friends with the few other younger people there. Definitely not a hotel for anyone young.
The quality of the food was shocking and the variety was none existent. Apparently the snacks were ok and the breakfast served was average. The food was rarely hot and in the first two days there were 5 of us that had sickness and diarrohea. We ate out practically everyday. The drinks were self service in the day, usual range of soft drinks (coke, fanta, sprite etc) the vodka tasted like chlorine and the ice cubes were vile. Not the best selection of spirits ive ever seen on the night. San miguel was nice although the wine was cheap and nasty.
Pool area was relatively clean except for the pool itself which was dirty and needed a good clean. No sunloungers, they were all reserved or broken if you went down anytime after 9. Got tutted at for using a table and chairs which had been piled on top of sunloungers that hadn't been used for 3 hours. Also got attitude for talking and laughing (not excessively loud) with my friend. Our lilos were also taken and used as sunlounger mattresses and we were scowled at when we asked for them back (even though we had paid for them €10 each).
Room was average always smelt nice and well presented however I doubt the floors were mopped once as there was constant sand and grit everywhere. Balcony wasn't touched. Beds only changed once after we stripped the beds on day 4. Towels were fresh everyday but on more than one occassion they were still dirty. Cleaners didn't pick up any rubbish or empty the bin properly. Raised a couple of issues with the hotel receptionist which fell on deaf ears.
Palmanova itself was lovely. Beautiful beach and the hotel is ideally located.
Over all we had an excellent holiday but thats because we met some brilliant people and made the most of Palmanova and magaluf, not because of the hotel. We would not go back and I would not recommend it either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca