I have been to this hotel every year for about 5 years in a row, I think depending on what time of year you go depends on the type of holiday you have. I went at the beginning of July for a week , for a last minute break with my mum before heading home to get married, so I just wanted to relax but obviously taking into consideration it was the beginning of the summer holiday so would be extremely busy.
I cannot fault the hotel what so ever checked in to the hotel and allocated a bedroom which was clean and tidy, yes the walls are paper thin but that is not necessarily a complaint. The food was decent and what you would expect for a three star hotel. The entertainment did not interest me but was suitable for families.
The bad points was at 4am on the first night all you could hear were lads running up and down the corridor screaming there heads off banding doors, this continued every night of our holiday. When going for breakfast in the morning it wasn't surprising to be greeted by the stench of urine along with corridor or a person sleeping where they had collapsed the night before. During the day groups of people screaming and swearing around the pool which I didn't necessarily mind but they were at lot of children around which was defiantly not appropriate. On the third day when I go out of bed at 9am and headed to the balcony i found a couple doing things on the balcony which should be done in the privacy of the bedroom, there were kids watching this. When going to see the Thomas Cook Rep Chris ( a complete waste of space) advised magaluf was overbook so the groups booked on 18-30 holidays were allocated to our hotel, We requested to be moved to a different park of the island but this could only be done for £500 which was ridiculous. I am not complaining about the people being transferred to the hotel at the end of the day these groups had booked club 18-30 holiday and that is what they wanted and should have been getting, it was the way Thomas Cook Rep handled the situation. Chris the Thomas Cook rep was more concerned about gaining his on commission from the big clubs to get the young ones in and not bothered about the rest of the guests who did not want that type of holiday. The hotel works on all inclusive wrist bands and guests under 18 were allocated with a different color so staff knew who not to serve alcohol to, the rep was advising them to remove them to get served alcohol which was ridiculous as some of these people certainly did not need anymore alcohol!!!!!
I felt extremely sorry for the hotel as they seemed extremely disheartened with there jobs and this is a complete change from the previous years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca