“Very fair review I feel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel TRH Torrenova

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel TRH Torrenova
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
London, United Kingdom
“Very fair review I feel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have never wrote a review before and I have travelled to many different countries
And stayed in all types of hotels. Before travelling to hotels I like to check their reviews, which I usually find to be a little unfair and over exaggerated, but found the comments on this hotel terrible I was honestly worried about what I had booked. I travelled there last week 14/08/13 and stayed for a week with my other two female friends I am a 27 year old woman and had been to magalluf before but had never stayed at this hotel..
When I first arrived I was greeted by a very pleasant and polite receptionist who done everything she could to get us our room early. She asked if we would like to rent a safe which we did ( as I always would on a holiday )
The rooms... Are very basic but are clean and the cleaner does come around every day but does not change sheets daily or towels but does every second or third day but when needed you can ask and they will give you them. The air con does work but not very well and the hotel is lively but what do you expect it's magalluf the staff are kind and helpful and security are also kind which was a surprise (from the reviews I had read)
The swimming pool area is nice, there is lots of space and sun loungers. There is a fantastic pool bar which plays music serves all types of food (which was nice) from breakfasts to dinners and snacks all at reasonable prices and and all types of drinks people will come around and serve you from your loungers.
The strip... Is a five minute walk away and yes there is a huge hill but I'm unfit and I can do it... It separates you from the strip which is helpful with noise control but yet convenient to reach and all times and states.
It's very close to the beach and has a shop right across the road where you can buy pretty much anything.
Overall it's not that bad basic but with a good pool area, sea views, bar, location and atmosphere. If you are a young group you will probably love it ( more lads ) but yet again there was afew families there yet I would suggest magalluf in general for families. Basic but very fair for its price and location.

Room Tip: Most rooms are sea view but there are a few that are not.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Doire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

As part of a group of 12 aged 18-20 we found TRH Torrenova a brilliant hotel to stay in. On arrival we were greeted by really friendly staff members who were very helpful when we had any problems that needed sorted e.g. air conditioning or waterpark tickets and taxis. Our rooms were on the seventh floor and they were really tidy but basic, but as a group as a whole we didn't really mind how basic it was. We had a brilliant view of the pool and scenery behind it which we enjoyed. The hotel is situated at the top of a hill so I wouldn't advise those with health problems to stay at the hotel and the hill can be difficult to walk up. The hotel is 5 minutes from the main strip and a shop across the street sells all you need. Its a brilliant stay for those looking for a typical Maga holiday get away, however I would not recommend it to family's with young children or older couples as the hotel is mainly young adults enjoying the Magaluf nightlife.Overall I feel the hotel doesnt deserve all the bad reviews it has received as I found the stay enjoyable as the staff were friendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a better view of the scenery
2 Thank Emer G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff friendly, room clean and tidy ( kitchen area a bit tired) Pool area and bar superb, not a hotel for families but why would you take your kids to Magaluf anyway ?? Great value for money.. One tip- when walking back from the strip at 5.00am watch out for the tree trunk across the pavement. You'll know when you see it. Would def go back to this hotel again..

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Xldeane
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

3 of us (guys) stayed here from 3rd to 13th Aug. Stayed H/B and the food is actually really good. Plenty of choice and lots of it.

We stayed In room 203 and it was basic to say the least. Two metal beds and a sofa bed. Air con didnt work so complained and then it was sorted. For some reason the whole shower head and pipe kept falling off the wall but although we didn't complain about this it was changed 3 times, very suspicious. Pool area was good but too much filth floating in the pool itself when you looked a little closer.

This hotel is in a brilliant position right on the cliff edge looking out to a beautiful clear sea, but it's just full of pissed up kids who run up and down the corridors at all hours banging on doors and shouting and giggling. As I said they're kids! Pain in the a##e thick idiots.

The staff at the poolside bar and restaurant were brilliant. Friendly and informative.

It's a pity but this is not a place to go to relax.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room anywhere in the hotel
1 Thank Neil I

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Some members of staff are really nice and friendly but the majority are not at all!! On arrival they spoke so quickly that we couldn't even understand where they said our room was. We tried to find it on our own but couldn't so my friend went back to ask and the man on the desk called her stupid for not listening to him.

the room was nice, there was 3 people in our room (2 single beds and a sofa bed). Our room looked out over the pool balcony. Towels were provided in the room however the cleaners didn't clean our room at all in the 7 days we stayed there, so we were left with dirty towels, no toilet roll and overflowing bins.

There are plenty of sun loungers around the pool. The pool is great and the splash pool bar serves great cheap food. (bacon baguette 3.50).

The location is great....really close to the strip however it's up a massive hill so if your not prepared to walk up a hill many times in the day, don't go here!

Overall I really didn't find this hotel as bad as all the other reviews make out.

Room Tip: 528 is good because the balcony is right by the pool area
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 5th Aug till 12th and it was the worst experience of my life. When we arrived the 1st question we were asked was if we wanted to pay for a safe (which isn't even in your room, its at the side of reception). Then we were given room 102, nightmare to find, and once we got there we were hit with the overwhelming smell of sewage. The room was dirty on arrival, Hairs all over the floor, the fridge was black, we actually had to buy our own cleaning stuff to clean it ourselves. The room door wouldn't close properly, the electricity kept fusing and the air conditioning didn't work was blowing out hot air. We booked Self Catering and were told we had to pay for our toaster for the week. The noise at night was unbelievable, Worst night sleep ever.

The next day we went to reception and complained and demanded another room, which we were given. Room 225 was slightly better but was still dirty. The noise in this corridor was horrendous. The Dutch guys in the room next to us started verbally abusing us and was trying to kick our door in threatening to punch our heads in, I had to stand with my back to the door to stop him getting in, we tried to use the room phone to contact reception for help but the handset just came straight off the wire, I had to use the internet on my phone to get the hotel phone number. The security guard then came and asked us to go to reception to sort it out but the Dutch guys said no, so we went up and were told very rudely to keep the noise down or we would be put out of the hotel. We then asked the guard to walk us back to our room as we were scared and were told no just to get back and get to sleep.

The pool area was ok except the loud music and the staff selling laughing gas round the pool area during the day, I don't think this is acceptable considering it's supposed to be a family hotel. I would definitely NOT take children here.

I would recommend this hotel for young people who like to just be drunk and party all the time, otherwise stay well clear.

Ruined my holiday altogether.

Room Tip: Just Don't go would be the best tip.
2 Thank Carrie B
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just come back from five nights at the TRH Torrenova, best lads holiday ever had. Only 3 of us stayed at this hotel but all the rest of my mates went there during the day because the atmospheres amazing. Wouldn't recommend to families as they would just moan because of the bedrooms and self catering facilities. The hotel was always kept clean, rooms had air con but this actually destroyed me sleeping underneath it (as well as drinking to much vodka)
For the price of staying there i cant complain at all and definitely would stay there again as the staff were nice around the pool and they were always up for a laugh.The hotel also has safes at reception,think it was 21 euros for 5 nights which aint bad.Hotel does have wi-fi but have to pay for it. Magaluf strip is only around the corner from the hotel, there is a bit of a hill but just man up. Theres a small supermarket across the road which is ideal. Only problem we had in our room was the toilet broke but a guy came and fixed it straight away so i cant complain.
Great hotel and would recommend to anyone who is going Magaluf for a messy one.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the sea are perfect for a good chill out
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
Hotel Marina Torrenova
Intertur Palmanova Bay
Intertur Palmanova Bay
#9 of 39 in Palmanova
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,752 reviews

Been to Hotel TRH Torrenova? Share your experiences!