“Average hotel with fantasic views”

Hotel TRH Torrenova
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Palmanova
“Average hotel with fantasic views”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We booked as a group if 17 through Jet 2 holidays and were going for my fiends birthday, after booking I read the reviews on here about the stealing etc and bad staff and was terrified!! But is was too late so we went and I must say I was very suprised we had a average room which was clean but basic with the most amazing view overlooking the bay, it was stunning. We ate out all the time the Florida 2 is lovely down the hill :)

We hired a safe and had no issue with anything going missing and the staff were all really nice and helpful. We ate and drank around the pool and could not fault it. There were familys around and older couples and a few other groups of males and females but I never saw any problems or heard of any break ins.

All in all this was a great base for a girly holiday as it was 5 minutes from the strip we were not going out till 10pm and coming home at around 5.30am and I never saw any prostitutes etc on the hill when I came back but we always stuck together around the resoprt and hotel as like anywhere you never know!

This hotel would be fantasic if it was given a facelift as the rooms and hotel is getting a bit tired, I would not go here with my family as it is a little too basic for me but for a quick break with the girls to party was good.

Room Tip: We had a view overlooking the sea and it was fantasic
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have just arrived back from here and can only describe the hotel as the unsafest place to stay ever, yes the pool area is good and the main areas are clean, but other than that we have nothing good to say about the place. Our room although it had excellent views was very poor, the kitchen facilities, if you can call it that, were very basic and you would have struggled to make a brew never mind food. the mattresses were like bedrock and the towels were not changed all week. but worse than all that on our second day we were robbed of all our money from the room approx. 600 Euros, there was no sign of a forced entry and strangely happened after the cleaners had been in!!!!!!!
When we reported it to the reception they just shrugged their shoulders and said there was nothing they could do about it, other than tell us to go the Police in Palma and hire a translator at 30 Euros per hour. On checking our insurance we couldn't make a claim as there was no forced entry so we weren't prepared to shell out more money to travel to the ~Police knowing that nothing would be done about it. We then discovered that there had been 15 similar incidents in the last fortnight alone, none of which were ever investigated and only one where there had been a forced entry. When we asked to speak to the Manager he would not make himself available and did not seek us out to resolve the matter.
Also to reach the hotel you have to walk up prostitutes hill, these women are bused in every night from midnight and their sole purpose is to rob and pickpocket unsuspecting men and get aggressive if the pockets are empty. Other than that the bars and restaurants were brilliant, friendly, helpful and not pushy at all, we would go back to Magalluf but would rather sleep in a hostel than stay a night at this hotel

Room Tip: Dont stop here
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Joanne T

Travelers are raving about these Palmanova hotels

Angus Scotland
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family and i love this hotel have been hear 17 times in 15 years & we are hoping to go back again next year. The staff are all lovley & can't do enough for you so much so we have become friends with most of them from reception to maids the hotel it's self is basic but we only sleep in it or sit on the balcony it has amazing views of the sea. Our rooms have always been cleaned & we get fresh towels & bed linen 2/3 times in 2 weeks you should hire a safe as we have herd of people's rooms getting broken in to & valubles stolen so best to be safe than sorry. There's a shop accros the road from the hotel which sells everything you need for your holiday when you come out the hotel turn right & your in palma nova turn left & your in magauf some really great restuarants near by you should try Everest they have the best chicken on the island & we eat hear nealy every night. One problem is with me there's a very steep hill to come up to the hotel i have to ge a taxi up it due to having arthritis but this is my choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view you won't be dissapointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank maggieb64
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

“always plenty of sunbeds and the pool area has great seaviews but thats where it ends. our room was broken into within three hours of our arriving. spoke to man in reception to be told that its a bad area and to make sure the doors to the balcony are always locked. thankfully nothing was taken. he said that someone from security would come to see us ..... still waiting. was offered a security box for 33 euros. had to ask for towels and a floor clean after four days since our room was always missed by the cleaners. sheets on the beds were never changed even although we were there for nine days. light in the bathroom was fixed five times. kitchen was very basic. after nearly a week was told that we could hire toasters and kettles for at a cost. nothing was free. in their website there is a gym, sauna. none there.« less .However complaints where retified immediately just a pity we had nto go daily.

“Tip: loads of restaurants close by. el salmon was particularly good and if you walked to the beachfront in palma nova all the restaurants were good. only had one meal which was not very nice. the restaurant the blue something on the way to the beach. was always packed so don t know if we were just unlucky.

Room Tip: plenty of rooms facing the pool if thats what is wanted. lots of the rooms have sea views which are...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Liz458
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for one week in late Sept. Hotel reception very clean with excellent views out to sea. Thats the good bit. We had a self catering unit. The kitchen area was old and tatty, facilities consisted of plates, ONE cup (we asked and got a second one), one pan and one frying pan. The interior of the fridge was awful, the plastic around the metal shelves had disintegrated and rusty metal was showing through, the door drink holders were missing. No kettle, which reception said could be hired for 11 euro and 10 euro deposit!!!! Small chunky tv with very few channels. Cigarette burns on most surfaces including bedside cabinet. Strong musty / well lived in smell. We had a sturdy re-usable shopping bag that we used as a poolside/beach bag. Returned to discover that the cleaners had removed it despite it not being anywhere near the rubbish bin and containing puzzle books, pens, newspaper and suncream. Went to reception about this and were told that the units were not part of the hotel and was controlled by a different company and the the cleaners did there best!!! No towel or bedding change after 5 days which reception did organise after complaining. Overall a very bad experience and one hotel I would never recommend and never go to again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

In July, 4 of my friends and I stayed in the Torrenova, we had heard bad reviews but we chose to ignore them after we had already booked the hotel and there was very little we could do and like you always say 'that will never happen to us'..and the rooms and facalities were at the level of expectation for a hotel in magaluf. However, one night my friends & I came back from being out at around 4am..we wasnt loud or banging on the doors (unlike some guests) the security guard was patrolling the corriders of the hotel. Suddenly I come out of my friends room to go to my room which was literally next door and the security guard is standing outside MY room, I asked him what was the problem and he got very aggresive and starting shouting that I had someone else in my room who was not supposed to be there (when in fact there wasnt)..So my friend came to the door and let me in and the security guard checked our room and no one was in there! We apologised for something we had'nt done but we thought we would be polite! the next day..we went on a booze cruise around 5pm..and throughout the day we stayed around the pool and some of us werent feeling too good so we went back to the room, etc, and we noticed that the maids were coming round on this particular day. So...after an amazing evening on the booze cruise, we had got back and was ready to go out for the night and my friend in the other room had realised her money (500Euros) had gone missing, whilst her other roommate's case had been broken into, yet nothing was taken. So we went to reception and they done nothing about it, it was all very suspicious and we knew the maids were close with all the other staff, including security. The receptionist told us there was nothing we could do and to basically get on with it! But of course we had people back home and from our insurance to sort things out! They helped us out and told us my friend and one person must go to the police station so a day after we went to the police station and sat in there for about 3 hours, the spanish police were very good, but it was something that we shouldnt of had to deal with! Worst staff ever! Very very dodgey! Do NAT go there in the near future

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alice C
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here a couple of years ago for 4 days half board and thought it was a nice enough hotel and the food was very good, so didn't look around for other choices as we thought this hotel would suit our needs. We decided as we were going for 10 nights this time, that we would prefer the flexibility of self catering and were very dissapointed with the service provided. On arrival in the early hours, we were keen to get the kettle on and have a hot drink and were surprised to not find a kettle. Thinking it had been overlooked and noticing we didn't have a toaster either my husband went to reception to request them. He was told that you are required to pay a 10 euro deposit for each item and hire them for however many days you need them - a week cost 11 euros for each item and as stated we were staying for 10 nights - not impressed! You could also hire a microwave if you wanted one - not sure how much this cost and if you intended to cook a proper meal in the room this would have been needed as the only equipment provided for self catering consisted of two electric rings and a very tatty fridge, also one large saucepan and one small saucepan and a frying pan - we were quite lucky it seems as some people had less than this! We hadn't intended to eat in the room a lot as we wanted to try out different restaurants but we had intended to have a few late and lazy breakfasts. If you do go for the self catering option allow extra cash for the initial outlay for equipment. We also had a safety deposit box as the receptionist advised we should when we arrived and this was not a problem as we always have one, but I was under the impression that paying 36 euros for this included 10 euros for the deposit - not the case as this was the price for 10 nights and no deposit is required - leaves you wondering what the incentive is for returning the key?
The rooms are very basic and could do with some updating, but as it is mainly used as a base this is not a big problem. The bed was not very comfortable and very squeaky, so much so that the noise woke you up if you turned over in your sleep. I made the mistake of upgrading to a one bedroom apartment as it was on a 'star offer' and thought the extra space would be nice and this was a bad idea as the bedroom was on a corridor wall and the high window made it impossible to make the room dark, even with the curtains pulled, so it was like sleeping in a room with a bedside light on, also you could hear everyone coming and going. The studio was a much better option as you did not have the problem with the light or noise and I wished I had not paid the extra to upgrade. Our room was on the 6th floor which is level with reception and the sea view was fantastic, as it was when we were on the 5th floor when we stayed before and certainly takes your mind away from the basic room you are staying in. We had a late return flight and could not keep our room, so transferred to another lower down in the hotel and I can honestly say that I could not have stayed 10 nights in room 515, which is on the same level as the pool. The room was very, very tatty and even more badly equipped than ours had been and there was a very nasty smell of drains. It was so grotty that we just dumped our cases and went out and only returned to shower and change. It was also down a flight of stairs and a very long winded walk along corridors around the building to get to the room. I found myself feeling very sorry for the people at the bottom of the building as the lift does not seem to work very often, if comments from the other guests are true and it certainly wasn't when we wanted it. I sat on the beds to see if it squeaked as much as ours had and neither of them did, they seemed very firm, so maybe we were just unlucky with ours.
Cleaning is not high on the priority list for the rooms as the maid only empties the bins and every 3rd day changes the towels and on the 5th day changes the sheets, also maid service is only on 5 days and this throws the routine out a bit, with the towels. I always make the bed in the morning and was a bit surprised to find clean sheets plonked on top of the bed when we returned one day. I think maybe she thought that as I made the bed each morning, I would be happy to put the clean sheets on for her the next morning, she had also left our door open, which we did complain about, so maybe she just got distracted! The floor was not swept or mopped, or the bathroom cleaned the whole of the time we stayed. We tend to tidy as we go, so it never got too mucky, but if they do not want to clean the rooms it might be an idea to provide a brush and mop in the rooms so that people can do it themselves if they want - maybe they hire these items out too, I never thought to ask!
The pool area is lovely and very tidy and the pool is fantastic. The pool and the pool area is a good size with wonderful views and is never too crowded. We never had a problem getting a sunbed but be warned, some of them are a bit ropey, so check before you lie down that it is not split or broken. We did see someone go through and luckily he did not injure himself and he had a good laugh about it - probably too embarassed to do anything else! The snack bar by the pool is very well used and the food looks and smells very nice, but as we did not eat there I can only go by what I saw. Likewise the people that ate in the restaurant seemed satisfied and I assume that the food is as good as it was when we stayed a couple of years ago. The staff in general are friendly and helpful and it is not their fault that they have to work with a system that is not always satisfactory for the customer, they do their best to accomadate your needs.
This hotel suited us for a short half board break and I think we were lucky with our studio appartment on our first visit so it may be that this option is good, but if you want self catering I can't recommend this hotel as I do not think it provides a good service for this option. Also you are better off on the higher floors, I would say 6th or above. The hill that is mentioned in reviews is very steep but if you go out of the hotel and turn right it is more of a gentle slope that curves around and gets you down to the night life. It does take longer but is a nice enough walk and gets you there. Palma Nova is very lively and has something to cater for all ages and tastes and blends easily into Magaluf, which is really lively. Palma Nova is a great place to visit if you like lively and a good base with a good bus service to a variety of other places.

Room Tip: 6th floor up is probably best and a studio is quieter as the bedroom is not on the corridor wall.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmanova
TRH Magaluf
#10 of 27 in Magaluf
Intertur Palmanova Bay
Intertur Palmanova Bay
#9 of 39 in Palmanova

Been to Hotel TRH Torrenova? Share your experiences!