“Another Excellent meal ”
Review of My Thai

My Thai
Ranked #7 of 152 Restaurants in Palmanova
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to My Thai! Our goal is to offer You a genuine Thai kitchen built on high quality and fresh products, prepared for you by professional Thai chefs. Come and visit us at our sea-view location in Palmanova or call in your order to go.
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited here last night and once again found superb food. The chef here is really good ... The service was perhaps a little slower than previously but chill people you are on holiday what does it matter if your food is an extra five mins... The beef with chilli and basil is great and the chicken green curry is
One of the best we have ever had. (We have eaten a lot of Thai food from all over the world )

From my previous reviews the starters remain the area the restaurant needs to focus on. Fish cakes superb but satay chicken too small for the money...

Overall another great meal

Eva K, Owner at My Thai, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for the review and kind words, I like your vacation mode!
High quality ingredients and our great Thai chefs is an absolute necessity of course to keep the high standard.
Looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Came with friends for dinner. The waiters had no table service skills. Starters came out slowly. Main courses also came out slowly and a condiments some what after my main curry was cold by the time the over cooked rice got here. Food was mediocre & not of the standard expected. Also expensive wont be back.

1  Thank Andy M
Eva K, Owner at My Thai, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations.
Providing our guests with the best possible food and service has always been our mission. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for Thai food with guests and we hope you’ll give us another chance.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This restaurant may be 9,849Km from Bangkok, but the flavours of the delicious dishes transported us back to Thailand. This is our second visit to My Thai and the food is consistently good with genuine flavours cooked by Thai staff.
One thing we like is that when ordering the staff will advise if they think you are ordering too much. The downside of this is that the portions are a good size and when just two of you are eating it limits the opportunity to try different dishes. One suggestion would be to offer the option to order smaller dishes so a variety could be tried.
What dishes to try. The satay and chicken with thai basil are fabulous. The speciality duck curry had a great flavour, but unfortunately the meat quality was poor. The rice noodles with chicken are a good alternative to rice, but as it is really chicken with rice noodles, we would prefer the balance to be changed.
Looking forward to our next visit ......

Eva K, Owner at My Thai, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for your review and kind words.
We are glad we could sweep you off to Thailand for some hours :)
We are looking forward to see you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Went for dinner one evening. Food was excellent, service great, nice bottle of wine. Not the cheapest of meals, but still good value. Couldn't really fault it. Ended up going back for lunch the following day.

Eva K, Owner at My Thai, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for your review.
Satisfied guests coming back the next day makes all the work worth it!
Glad you enjoyed the wine as well, we try to have good wines to affordable prices.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

A very nice place with attentive staff.

We had satay chicken starter. It was luke warm and there were literally two little chunks of chicken, a gallon of satay sauce (pretty much just a bag of chopped nuts, no sauce) and a fridge full of salad. The two prawns my wife had to start were very nice to accompany the fridge full of salad with it. Not a great start for me.

Duck wasn't crispy at all so my brother left a lot of soft fat next to the fridge full of salad it came with.

I did very much enjoy my curry to be fair. It was spicy and there was lots of it (with a fridge full of salad).

So, you may have guessed you get lots of salad (not uncommon) and its otherwise, pretty good but just didn't cause me to get too excited (granted it's maybe just not our ideal style of cooking).

Eva K, Manager at My Thai, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thank you for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your visit pretty much :)
We hope we'll see you again and we'll do our best to get it just perfect. However, salad and vegetables are an important part of a Thai dish.