If you're looking for a nice hotel with some 4 star extras, look elsewhere! This was cheap and deservedly so.
There are no porters - you carry your own bags. No waiters, you queue at the bar for drinks or at the dispensers for wine with meals. There's not a crisp or a peanut on the bar unless you pay for a bag.
The Dining Room is cramped, too small for the number of guests, and the Spanish pensioners who were there at the same time as us were ill mannered and impatient. There aren't enough staff to clear your plates away between courses, so you eat amongst a pile of dirty plates. Food is quite adequate with a reasonable choice of main courses, but soups, salads, vegetables and deserts never vary - you can get really fed up with cold rice pudding.
There's no shop in the hotel, you can't even buy a newspaper. At reception, you pay cash in advance for everything - they wouldn't accept a credit card to pay for a safety deposit box. You can't make outside telephone calls from your room unless you buy a prepayment phone card (for cash at reception!)
Decor is not up to 4 star standards - it's dismal and dingy, though my one plus point for the Palma Nova Palace is that everything is very clean and kept very tidy. The pool area is tiny and showing its age with a small rectangular pool (which is very cold in April) and a cramped games and daytime entertainment area. Unless you're there early enopugh to get a good spot, you have to move your sunbed round all the time to follow the sun.
Evening entertainment is in a long narrow room which is very noisy when full of chattering guests. The entertainment is always preceeded by an interminable game of bingo played in Spanish and English. We only enjoyed one night's entertainment out of our week and that was principally beacuse we laughed so much at the chaos of them trying to conduct a quiz in Spanish and English simultaneously. If you want to avoid the evening entertainment, your option is the smoking lounge or outside! There's no quite lounge to sit and read or play cards over a quiet drink.
Overall you get what you pay for, but you're not getting 4 star despite what it says on the front door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is a stone's throw away from one of the very best and famous beaches of Majorca. The hotel located in the municipality of Calvia, just 14km from the capital city, Palma de Mallorca. The area is known for its perfect combination of nature, relaxation, leisure activities, gastronomy, shopping and beaches of the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. It has everything you need for the perfect holiday experience in the sun for all the family. The hotel offers 193 comfortable rooms, all well equipped and come with a balcony as standard from which you can admire the stunning natural scenery. The hotel provides excellent cuisine for you to sample, and attractive bars and lounge areas where you can relax and soak up the atmosphere. The Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel is the best choice to experience an unforgettable holiday for all the family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Palace Hotel
- Palmanova Palace Palma Nova
- Hotel Palma Nova Palace
- Palma Nova Palace Majorca
- Palma Nova Palace Hotel
- Globales Palmanova Palace Hotel Majorca